Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Earwax (cerumen) build up! HELP miss linda to hear once again!!!!!
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 4:03 pm

It's become so distressing that I've resulted to asking goners for advice. An expensive doctor's appointment may be in the future.

Do ear candles work?

What the hell should I do?

Wisecrack comments are expected, and appreciated!!
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 5:32 pm

There's a drop that will dissolve earwax that my GP was going to prescribe for me. She forgot.

So it ended up getting so bad I couldn't hear in one ear. I went to an ENT and he told me that the drops don't work so great. He flushed it with something and sucked it out. Then he did a hearing test.

So
A) Turkey Baster
B) Church Health Center
or
C) Suck it up and pay for it.

I heard ear candles were jive; create a "sensation", but don't really do nothing.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 7:07 pm

correct! I almost have all of my hearing back in my right after YEARS of not being able to hear out of that one. Went to the doc. Prescribed me som drops, no i gotta get the rest of the treatment.

Totally helps. and for only a 15 dollar co-pay! whoo-hoo!
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Do ear candles work?

Brnope!
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 8:23 pm

I almost have all of my hearing back in my right after YEARS of not being able to hear out of that one

And you thought it was just long term exposure to low frequency sounds! Damn, earplugs built-in and shit.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 8:25 pm

"sensation"
sounds sexy
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 8:28 pm

sounds sexy

Not as sexy as this high school friend who had his eardrum burst by a girlfriend sucking hard on his ear. Imagine her lips as a plunger. There was blood. Gross.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 9:36 pm

If you don't want to go to the dr just yet, get some hot water and one of those blue baby booger remover thingies. Enlist a friend to spray the hot water in your ear to soften and flush some of the wax out, then try debrox drops.

(That's what they did for me when I was a kid and had a bad ear wax problem)
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 10:37 pm

over the counter drops and ear cleaning kit did the trick for me.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 10:59 pm

over the counter drops

I've used DEBROX for years. There is peroxide in it that bubbles and breaks up the ear wax. It comes in a green and yellow package.
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 12:07 am

Regular old peroxide works pretty good. I just dump a capful in there and it sizzles and bubbles for a while, then suck it out with the blue turkey baster bubble thingy.
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 12:32 am

Do ear candles work?

they do for me.
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Put yer finger in there a pull out a winner!
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 8:47 pm

drops of baby oil for about a week and then an ear syringe
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:45 am

over the counter drops and ear cleaning kit

Worked for me too. Sometimes it takes a few applications.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 3:10 am

Put your head on the table with the stuffed ear up, put some olive oil in it, let it work for a few minutes, then have someone hit you with a cricketbat on the other side of the head until the wax pops out.
Clean table and floor.
Take an aspirine.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 3:18 am

went for the the clinic cleanup.
they used a great big syringe
filled a pan of warm water with stool softener
and loaded the barrel.

I caught the fluid as it exited in a bed panon top of a towel
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 6:31 am

Just cram a q-tip in there and dig it out, you baby.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 7:48 am

Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Do ear candles work?

ear candles certainly do the trick in sucking all that shit out of your ears. the downside is that your body needs some of that stuff in there to fight infections and lubricate your ear canal. ear candles suck 'em dry. at least from the time i used them, which was years ago. i remember being amazed at how well i could hear afterwards (you can hear your hair brushing against your ears, it's pretty crazy). but then my ears hurt pretty bad for about a week.

anyway, it won't fuck you up for life or anything that drastic, but i'd go for something a bit more medically sound, like something a pharmacist might recommend if you're unable to see a doctor about it...
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 5:55 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

Buy the Murine Ear Wax System with Ear syringe. Throw away the solution in the package. Instead put a capful of Hydrogen Peroxide in each ear, let sit for a minute or two and flush with Ear syringe.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:55 am

ear candles totally work if you're attempting to look like a stupid faggot
and possibly set your head on fire
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:08 am

Olive oil in the ear with your ear pointing upwards. Do that a couple of times during the day then get the doc to flush it out with his huge turkey baster thing as suggested somewhere else. Mine had been blocked for years and I couldn't believe how great everything sounded afterwards. Walking back from the doctors I could hear the fucking change rattling about in my pocket.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:33 am

5-30 motor oil
shop vac

you may remove large chunks of cerebellum along with the wax- beware.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 10:44 am

Go on Ebay and get you one of those Japanese ear picks. (just do a search for "ear pick" and they'll come up). Very cheap and they are like little scoops. I got one and used it on the husband, who didn't even know he had buildup. A few little digs and WHOA. He pulled out this chunk of wax/hair/crud that was about the length of the tip of to the top joint of my pinky finger. Nasty yet fascinating.
He didn't notice any hearing difference (wtf, I don't see how he couldn't) but he did notice that the next time he got a cold, his ears weren't stopped up anymore.

Maybe you'll get something similar to this.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:00 pm

You guys ever heard of Q-Tips?
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:51 pm

the downside is that your body needs some of that stuff in there to fight infections and lubricate your ear canal.

Yeah, I had mine cleaned out by a doctor years ago and got prescribed antibiotics to avoid any possible infections. The hyper-hearing sensation is pretty crazy though.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:02 pm | Edited by: satchmykels

ear candles totally work if you're attempting to look like a stupid faggot
and possibly set your head on fire

i don't need any help looking like a stupid faggot but if you manage to set your head on fire with an ear candle, you're too stupid to live.

the downside is that your body needs some of that stuff in there to fight infections and lubricate your ear canal.

the key is to not go crazy with the ear candles. just enough to suck out the blockage and/or infection. perforated eardrum motherfuckers and complete dumbasses should avoid altogether.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:08 pm

the real key to using ear candles is to make sure you also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Jesus being there to back you up in the case of you ever getting into a bar brawl with a muslim terrorist
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:20 pm

the real key to using ear candles is to make sure you also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Jesus

wouldn't that make you a complete dumbass? already said those people should stay far far away from ear candles as they'd probably set their head on fire and end up burning down their house. would be like letting bazooka joe play with matches. just don't do it!!!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:23 pm

ummm if you believe in ear candles I think that certifies your dumb assness already

go read donkey's response
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:31 pm

ummm if you believe in ear candles I think that certifies your dumb assness already

i can dig the people who say the wax is from the candle, but where the heck is the yeast coming from? ear infected motherfuckers can vouch.

i read donkey's post. it's wrong. ;)

the yeast only appears when i have an ear infection. no ear infection, no white powder. bray!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:33 pm

and some people want to argue about Jesus and Santa
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:35 pm

i read donkey's post. it's wrong.

donkeys never wrong ! FUCK OFF!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:38 pm

donkeys never wrong!

donkey's google enhanced experience with ear candles don't fly. maybe he should start calling himself dumbo?
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:54 pm

donkeys never wrong !

IT'S TRUE!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:00 pm

ear candling is bogus.

a friend who used 'em gave me some ear candles once, i tried one in an ear and yeah there was wax at the bottom THEN I MADE A FIST AND STUCK ONE IN SAID HAND, LIT IT THE END, WAITED AND DON'T CHA KNOW IT THERE WAS WAX AT THE BOTTOM! WOAH!

your dumb ass
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:03 pm

did you find any white powder? if so, did you try to snort it?
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:26 pm

I don't even know what one looks like
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 3:11 pm

A friend of mine and her dad get major nasty waxy build-up. They doosh their brains out with blue ear basters filled with warm water and quickly fill the sink with bloody scum. Among the grossest things I've ever seen.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 5:49 pm

if the scum is bloody, your friend and her dad have more problems than just a major nasty wax build-up.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®