Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Unbelievable. Or, very believable. Thank you Wells Fargo.
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Just got a letter from my mortgage company (wells fargo) encouraging me to change my fixed rate, 6% loan to a variable rate, 5.45% APR loan. Awesome!

Maximum APR? 18%.

now, who's looking out for the homeowners trying to avoid forclosure?

goddamn.
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 11:49 pm

Hmm...you could save almost $50/month (just a guess) or possibly pay $1500 more a month. You'd be crazy to not take that deal!
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Wells Fargo can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 2:56 am

two words:
Tent Cities.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 7:58 am

They are one of the mortgage companies lining up for bailout money. I think mine already declared bankruptcy. You ought to mail that letter to some government agency or something. Bastards.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Wow..
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Call Mike Matthews!
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 6:46 pm

you actually open your junk mail from them?

really though, total bullshit.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Shit, I don't know junk mail any more.

Might be that they've gone bancrupt and my mortgage is handled by some Dubai Sovereign Fund or something.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Dubai Sovereign Fund

i'm switching
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 1:13 pm

everyone i know whose mortgage or home equity line of credit is with citibank got letters in the last couple weeks saying that their associated lines of credit have been reduced because of the devaluation of property values where they live (basically my hood).. duh

then i read that citibank is swearing not to put anyone into foreclosure either

crazings
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 4:27 pm

everyone i know whose mortgage or home equity line of credit is with citibank got letters in the last couple weeks saying that their associated lines of credit have been reduced because of the devaluation of property values where they live (basically my hood).. duh

i got a letter from chase like 8 months ago saying I'm not allowed to take any more money out of my home equity line of credit for the same reason. good thing it was already maxxed out!
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 12:10 pm

i got this in an email from citibank, which holds my US checking account.

We previously communicated that through December 31, 2009 all of your non-interest and interest bearing checking deposit account balances are fully guaranteed by the FDIC for the entire amount in your account.

jesus, i didn't really think i had to worry about that.
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm

good thing it was already maxxed out!

Good thing I have about $1400!

My hvac sounded like someone with pleurisy last night and wow, did I get scared. Can't afford to replace that mess.
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 10:04 pm

jenna wrote:
> We previously communicated that through December 31, 2009 all of
> your non-interest and interest bearing checking deposit account
> balances are fully guaranteed by the FDIC for the entire amount in
> your account.

Yeah, someone else I know showed me that same letter just this week. If I had money in CitiBank right now, I think I'd close the account and put it in my mattress.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®