Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / What in the holy hell...???
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 3:27 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

Lee Greenwood's main claim to fame is writing and singing the hit patriotic hymn "God Bless the U.S.A." Soon Greenwood's blessing will matter on the American arts scene -- at least the part interested in tapping into federal largess via grants from the National Endowment for the Arts. Appointed by President Bush and confirmed by the Senate, the Nashville-based country singer is scheduled to be sworn in Nov. 17 as one of the 14 regular members of the National Council on the Arts. Council members advise the NEA chairman, and their portfolio includes reviewing and making recommendations on applications for grants from the $145-million-a-year federal agency. Greenwood will serve a six-year term.

more...
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 4:24 pm

I'll bet people who paint country scenes on old saw blades and shovels are stoked!
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 5:29 pm

don't worry
next year obama will appoint much cooler people to the council

this is one of W's parting gifts to amurrikkka
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 5:48 pm

I'll bet people who paint country scenes on old saw blades and shovels are stoked!

as will the lawn jockey scene
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 5:58 pm

dear chriiiiiiiist.
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Ya sure this isnt just an idea for a new sit-com?
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Is this an area where Obama can go in and reverse something on January 20th? I know it isn't the first thing on his mind, but...
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 7:22 pm

don't worry
next year obama will appoint much cooler people to the council

I dunno. Greenwood's is a six-year appointment. I anticipate all manner of bizarreness from the outgoing pres.
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 7:23 pm

That is fuckin' ridiculous!
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm gonna get into airbrushing RVs, get me a goddamn grant for it!
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 3:16 pm

i can't wait
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 8:38 am

Too bad it isn't Toby Keith.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®