Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / An Election HIGH FIVE!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:08 pm

I'm jumping on the high five bandwagon.

HIGH FIVE!!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:33 pm

McCain wins?

low-five ....
er
no-five ..
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:52 pm

What the fuck is up with CNN and those holograms? Live holograms, like with people and shit. Wacky.

The brutha's gonna win!! GOBAMA beotches!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:01 pm

OBAMA WINS!!!!!!!! HIGH FIVE!!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:03 pm

Nice.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:06 pm

GO BORAT!!!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:07 pm

Yes! Racism is over!!!!

Seriously, very cool news!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:10 pm

People are shooting fireworks down the street now..
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:10 pm

I reaaaaaaally hope someone gets some nice footage of McCain showing his infamous temper over the loss. "My friends, THANKS FOR NOTHING!"
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:11 pm

"my friends, yer cunts"
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:24 pm | Edited by: Shaun A

You made me look like a goddamnned idiot. Look at this shit (tears down banner). Now I gotta go on goddammned TV with my balls in the wind cos of you IDIOTS! Thanks. Thanks a lot. Goddammit!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:26 pm

palin is fighting back the tears! hee-hee!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:27 pm

Thank you, Senator McCain.
Thank you for running such an embarrassingly terrible campaign.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:29 pm

McCain will probably take it out on Bush...with an axe-handle.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:35 pm

Out for 10 minutes. Get back and McCain is giving his concession speech.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:37 pm

CRY BABY CRY!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:38 pm

that McCain speech was actually pretty good....
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:42 pm

I thought so too. The classiest thing he did the entire campaign.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:44 pm

better be good. they've been writing it for him for 9 months.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:50 pm

whew! there's already a great editorial on the london guardian newspaper's webpage:

They did it. They really did it. So often crudely caricatured by others, the American people yesterday stood in the eye of history and made an emphatic choice for change for themselves and the world. Though bombarded by a blizzard of last-minute negative advertising that should shame the Republican party, American voters held their nerve and elected Barack Obama as their new president to succeed George Bush. Elected him, what is more, by a clearer majority than one of those bitter narrow margins that marked the last two elections.

Having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in 2000 and 2004 it felt at times fated that the Democrats would somehow complete a hat-trick of failures on election day 2008. Instead, fuelled by unprecedented financial support, the key things went right for them yesterday, from the moment just after midnight when Dixville Notch voted 15 to six for Mr Obama (the first time the early-voting New Hampshire hamlet had gone for a Democrat in 40 years), through to the early Obama success last night in the prized swing state of Pennsylvania and on into the battleground areas of middle America.

In the last two presidential elections, the American people divided down the middle, producing a both a geographical and a demographic divide that seemed increasingly set in stone. Blue Democratic America consisted of the west and the east coasts plus the upper Midwest. Red Republican America covered the swaths in between. Women, minorities, the poor and the highly educated voted Democratic. Men, white people, the rich and the religious delivered for the Republicans. In the mind of Mr Bush's strategist Karl Rove this division was the template of 21st century American politics, a base for a conservative counter-attack against 20th-century liberalism.

Rove's America was not just turned on its head yesterday. It was broken up and recast in a very different mould. One of Mr Obama's many achievements has been his refusal to accept the permanence of the blue-red divide. He has reached out across the divide to states and voters that the embattled Democratic party of the Reagan-Bush years had forgotten about, places like the South and the Rockies, voters like farmers and small business people.

With the Democrats powerfully consolidating their position in both houses of Congress yesterday, the shift was consolidated at state and district level. This marks the end of the conservative ascendancy of the past 30 years. Whether it now marks a new, sustained era of American liberalism of the sort which followed the election of 1932 must remain to be seen. What is not open to doubt is that Mr Obama's win is a milestone in America's racial and cultural evolution. It is 45 years since Martin Luther King, in the greatest of all late-20th century American speeches looked forward to the day when his children would not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character. Almost unbelievably, that dream has now become a reality in the shape of America's first African-American leader and its first black first family. It is a day many thought they would never see. It is hard to know whether to weep or shout for joy now that it has arrived - probably both - but it is a lesson to the world.

Mr Obama will take office in January amid massive unrealisable expectations and facing a daunting list of problems - the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the broken healthcare system, the spiralling federal budget and America's profligate energy regime all prominent among them. Eclipsing them all, as Mr Obama has made clear in recent days, is the challenge of rebuilding the economy and the banking system. These, though, are issues for another day. Today is for celebration, for happiness and for reflected human glory. Savour those words: President Barack Obama, America's hope and, in no small way, ours too.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:04 pm

Congratulations US Goners!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:12 pm

thanks for that article, andria.

Beautiful and masterful acceptance speech.

I think it's a good night!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:23 pm

wow! I feel so special to be alive right now!!! the 60's aint got shit on us!!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:25 pm | Edited by: eric o

blah blah, thanks for your condescension brit boys. "you like me. you really like me." go eat an eel pie.

Rove had a genius editiorial in the wall st journal last week saying "don't believe the polls! the polls are always wrong."

then on sunday he was saying on the "chat shows" - yeah, it's over.

backhanded respect for the evil empire.

anyway, mccain's speech was great. but...

McCain was way funnier than Obama. His Saturday Night Live bit was seriously funny. His moment where he reassured his moronic followers that Obama was a fine man and would make a fine president was really the biggest moment in the whole race for me. a "real" politician woulda jumped on the moment, or at least turned it his way more than mccain did.

we might rue the fact that we don't have a politician that can make fun of himself somewhere down the line.

we'll see.

and... holy shit!

i think, in a shout out to the goner boarders, michelle obama just tried to give barack a HIGH FIVE!

he flubbed it!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:35 pm

he flubbed it!

Cause he aint really black!

HAWW!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:35 pm

That speech was fucking great. What a night!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:43 pm

well, it was a left-handed high five. symbolic? of course!

his speech was good!

hey, there's jesse jackson! no kidding!
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:43 pm

so is dtrain!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:05 am

Is Jesus gonna be pissed?

Brad X????
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:17 am

Oprah and Jesse Jackson were IN THE AUDIENCE. Like, regular people. Not even at the front of the stage, like five deep back!
I thought I was hallucinating...Oprah...five rows back!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:22 am

i seen that... oprah peeking around some folks. ha!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:32 am

i seen that... oprah peeking around some folks. ha!

i see you been to new orleans reccently
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:39 am

What an amazing speech. I never thought that in my lifetime there would be a leader as eloquent as those from before I was born.

I was watching in the bar downstairs from where I live with friends and neighbors. I'll admit I cried a little. The unprecedented free drinks from the bar's owner didn't hurt.

THen, the DJ played:

Yes We Can Can - Lee Dorsey
My Sisters & Brothers - Dyke & Blazers
Underdog - Sly & the Family Stone
Friendship Train - Gladys Knight & the Pips
Improve - Darrow Fletcher
The World - Sandi & Matues
It's a New Day - Skull Snaps
Organize - Mugo
Funky PResident - James Brown
Respect Yourself - Staple Singers
We're a Winner - The Impressions
Whatcha See - The Dramatics
Hercules - Aaron Neville
Soulful Proclamation - Messengers Inc
They Won't Let Me - The Unemployed
Pushin To Th Top - Markus Kelly
Who's Gonna Help a Brother - Lee Dorsey
Damn Right, I am Somebody - Fred Wesley & JB's
Brother's Gonna Work IT out - WillieHutch
TCB or TYA - Bobby Patterson
This is My Country - The Impressions

And someone served up Black and White cake!

HIGH FIVE!!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:48 am

somebody call the waa-mbulance!

HAWW!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 1:07 am

Just got back from the Obama acceptance speech. I'm still pretty amazed to be typing that. What a fucking great night.

I think we all witnessed Werewolf McCain turning back into Regular McCain, Year 2000 Edition.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:43 am

Quote blah blah, thanks for your condescension brit boys. "you like me. you really like me." go eat an eel pie.

No kidding. We pass the Brit test. Awesome! Like we care what you all think! We rule!

(I love that we can say shit like this again with wild abandon. GO USA!)
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:13 am

USA! USA! USA!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 5:49 am

Congrats to y'all, the single smartest move in US politics since the end of isolationism!

blah blah, thanks for your condescension brit boys. "you like me. you really like me." go eat an eel pie.

Eric, there's a very real chance that our Conservative party will get in at the next UK election, which will see the end of British society as we know it, so you can be first in line to sneer!

This Brit ain't sneering at the decision of the American peoples, he's applauding it loudly... now Obama will really have to deliver, not just for America, but the rest of the world too, albeit with one hand tied behind his back, due to the right-wing element of Congress...
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 7:20 am

I think we all witnessed Werewolf McCain turning back into Regular McCain, Year 2000 Edition.

I got the same feeling. That speech was excellent, and it felt like it carried real personal meaning. I used to like McCain, but the minute he went under W's umbrella it was over for me. Though that was the only way for him to get the nomination. But anyway, very classy speech that hopefully rings true for the gedderduns.

Obama started slowly, tried conjuring JFK, and then settled in (loved the old lady's lifetime portion).

Both of these guys are better for the country than W. Anybody would be better than W, basically. And fuck if that Brit wasn't condescending in that article.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 7:48 am

This pretty much sums up how I feel!

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 8:27 am

What a great night. Great to see people all ovef the country celebrating in the streets. The older African-American people in the crowds looked completely stunned. The young kids were pumped. I think I seen JJ Champion on CNN wearing a Head T-Shirt. Let's hope Barack can take this energy and overcome the Naysayers and get some positive change going for The united States and The World. America rules! High five!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 8:52 am

what a night, it even topped this crucialmoment in election history
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 8:56 am

HIGH FIVE!

I had tears in my eyes from the 11pm est pres-elect announcement, through mccain's concession, and all the way until the end of obama's speech at 12:20. it was a perfect night, and i feel great.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:07 am | Edited by: Miss Faye

I am ecstatic. I believe he is a great man and will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents. Besides that, my faith in humanity has been restored just a little bit. I didn't believe it until it was official, and I'm stunned that a black man has been elected into the highest office in the country in my lifetime. Minority children and children from economically depressed backgrounds need a positive and high profile role model like Obama to let them know they can do anything in the world no matter what. I feel good about all of this. I feel good knowing that everyone can get health care and that if someone wants to go to college, they can if they volunteer in the community. I truly believe he can restore our standing in the world and we will no longer be looked at as the biggest jerks on the planet. I think he can make things happen in this country because he has the respect of politicians on both sides of the aisle. He's been honest about what it is going to take: sacrifice and responsiblity from everyone. I hope Obama can keep people as energized as he has through his campaign; this mess is too big for one man to clean up by himself. I AM SO HAPPY!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:25 am

I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Me too, and for all the reasons you articulated, Miss Faye. Last night was one of the best nights of my life. Obama has been able to inspire hope in me about the future of the USA, and that's a huge thing. It's a wonderful feeling to be proud to be an American again after all these long years.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:25 am

I think I seen JJ Champion on CNN wearing a Head T-Shirt.

I was wearing my Barack Brains shirt.

Big Take Over!
Not Banned in DC!
(Jeremiah W)Right Brigade!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:35 am

get out of Afghanistan
pack the middle courts with liberal humanists who can read and write
9 more months in iraq
put wall street whiteys in jail
tell north korea to go fuck itself
downsize nasa
join world community on ecology issues
support alternative energy cars
reform pharmaceutical handouts/overhaul health care
make education a priority

i know the last two are hard, but in 8 years all things are possible
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:43 am

HIGH-FIVE INDEED!!!!

Went to Kermit Ruffins' bar to watch Obama's speech. Everyone was going nuts. Through the entire speech, one lady kept on yelling, "Obama! You the President!"

When the speech was over, the entire crowd broke into an a capella version of "A Change Is Gonna Come". It was some amazing, heavy shit.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:49 am

so proud of all of you who voted obama/ biden.

can't wait til those two little black girls are running around the black house with their new puppy.

what's the bush cabinet gonna do to sabotage the move in? more glued locks? computer key replacement? little "n word" notes hidden in drawers?
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:07 am

so proud of all of you who voted obama/ biden.

I feel very proud that I voted from another country. I know a few other Americans up here who voted as well. People here in Toronto were partying in the streets. Very nice to see the enthusiasm and excitement of Canadian citizens during this election.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:12 am

Canadia Rules!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:16 am

reform pharmaceutical handouts/overhaul health care

and re-establish funding for chronic diseases (i.e. HIV) that Bushie has been slicing and dicing from HRSA and the CDC for the last 8 years. And throw out that bullshit abstinence-only BULLSHIT that gives public schools an excuse to kowtow to their personal biases/fears about talking about sex/doling out condoms to kids who are fucking night and day.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:31 am

I had to work late last night. By the time I got to my friends house it was almost ten. I was only on my second beer when they uncorked the champagne! It was over before I could even get drunk!

Like we care what you all think! We rule!

(I love that we can say shit like this again with wild abandon. GO USA!)

USA! USA! USA!

Yeah, I'm leaving for 'Yurp next week for a little tour. Gonna be nice to not get roped into endless political discussions with European folks about how stupid Bush is. They might even have some goodwill towards Americans, again!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:38 am

BO DID IT
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:41 am | Edited by: spyceeburrito

[i]People here in Toronto were partying in the streets[i]

HIGH FIVE!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 10:53 am

i'm sad and somewhat ashamed right now to say that i didn't vote. my reasons and justifications seem kinda dumb now, especially after hearing the acceptance speech. alot of personal turmoil in my life made not think about even registering and i didn't think i would care who won, but i'm pretty excited and i hope obama can do even 1/10th of what he says he'll do.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:04 am

Eric, I liked the op-ed from the Guardian -- I thought it was right on.

check this out, from CNN.com -- it's an amazing piece about the new South, by Peggy Wallace Kennedy, daughter of Gov. Wallace. Amen!

MONTGOMERY, Alabama (CNN) -- I heard a car door slam behind me and turned to see an elderly but spry woman heading my way.

The night before, a gang of vandals had swept through the cemetery desecrating graves, crushing headstones and stealing funereal objects.

My parent's graves, situated on a wind-swept hill overlooking the cemetery, had not been spared. A large marble urn that stood between two granite columns had been pried loose and spirited away, leaving faded silk flowers strewn on the ground.

I was holding a bouquet of them in my arms when the woman walked up and gave me a crushing hug. "Honey," she said, "you don't know me, but when I saw you standing up here on this hill, I knew that you must be one of the girls and I couldn't help myself but to drive up here and let you know how much me and my whole family loved both of your parents. They were real special people."

I thanked her for her kind words as we stood side by side gazing down at the graves of Govs. George Wallace and Lurleen Wallace.

After a few moments, the woman leaned into me and spoke almost in a conspiratorial whisper. "I never thought I would live to see the day when a black would be running for president. I know your Daddy must be rolling over in his grave."

Not having the heart or the energy to respond, I gave her bony arm a slight squeeze, turned and walked away. As I put the remnants of the graveyard spray in the trunk of my car, I assumed that she had not bothered to notice the Barack Obama sticker on my bumper.

When I was a young voter and had little interest in politics, my father would mark my ballot for me. As I thought about the woman in the cemetery, I mused that if he were alive and I had made the same request for this election, there would be a substantial chance, though not a certainty, that he would put an "X" by Obama's name.

Perhaps it would be the last chapter in his search for inner peace that became so important to him after becoming a victim of hatred and violence himself when he was shot and gravely injured in a Laurel, Maryland, shopping center parking lot. Perhaps it would be a way of reconciling in his own mind that what he once stood for did not prevent freedom of opportunity and self-advancement from coming full circle; his final absolution.

George Wallace and other Southern governors of his ilk stood defiantly in the 1950s and '60s in support of racial segregation, a culture of repression, violence and denial of basic human rights.

Their actions and the stark images of their consequences that spread across the world galvanized the nation and gave rise to a cry for an end to the American apartheid. The firestorms that were lit in Birmingham, Oxford, Memphis, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, Little Rock and Selma were a call to arms to which the people responded.

And now a new call to arms has sounded as Americans face another assault on freedom. For if the stand in the schoolhouse door was a defining moment for George Wallace, then surely the aftermath of Katrina and the invasion of Iraq will be the same for George W. Bush.

The trampling of individual freedoms and his blatant contempt for the rights of the average American may not have been as obvious as an ax-handle-wielding governor, but Bush's insidiousness and piety have made him much more dangerous.

Healing must come, hope will be our lodestar, humility will reshape the American conscience, and honesty in both word and deed will refresh and invigorate America, and having Barack Obama to lead will give us back our power to heal.

My father lived long enough to come to an understanding of the injustices borne by his deeds and the legacy of suffering that it left behind. History will teach future generations that he was a man who used his political power to promote a philosophy of exclusion.

As his daughter, who witnessed his suffering in the twilight of his years and who witnessed his deeds and heard his words, I am one who believes that the man who, on March 7, 1965, listened to the reports of brutality as they streamed into the Governor's Mansion from Selma, Alabama, was not the same man who, in March of 1995, was welcomed with open arms as he was rolled through a sea of African-American men, women and children who gathered with him to welcome another generation of marchers, retracing in honor and remembrance the historic steps from Selma to Montgomery.

Four years ago, the young Illinois senator who spoke at the National Democratic Convention mesmerized me. I hoped even then that he would one day be my president.

Today, Barack Obama is hope for a better tomorrow for all Americans. He stands on the shoulders of all those people who have incessantly prayed for a day when "justice will run down like waters and righteousness as a mighty stream" (Amos 5:24).

Perhaps one day, my two sons and I will have the opportunity to meet Barack Obama in person to express our gratitude to him for bringing our family full circle.

And today, the day after the election, I am going to ride to the cemetery so that if asked, I can vouch for the fact that the world is still spinning but my father lies at peace.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Peggy Wallace Kennedy.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:13 am

I just can't grok it. I can't believe it's real.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:13 am

Hey, I'm on the internets!

http://photos.nola.com/tpphotos/2008/11/voting_day_72.html

See if you can spot me!

High-five!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:21 am | Edited by: Joe

Chicago was insane last night. We had tickets and were pretty close... Could see Obama and everything!

After the speech, the crowd just spilled into the streets... people were waking down the middle of Michigan Ave. waving flags and banners. Cheers erupted spontaneously, and you could hear bits of song and chant echoing through the streets and alleys.

Everyone was smiling!

Horns honked, people shouted. Historic. It felt like a cheerful, good-vibes version of the WTO shit back in '99.

No words... I was overwhelmed last night and I think in shock; everything is just now starting to sink in and I keep welling up with pride and emotion and happiness. Yes we did!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:31 am

USA! USA! USA!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:37 am

even the williamsburg hipsters broke their usual "cool" face for this one. walking through greenpoint to williamsburg by the white castle, tons of indie rock losers were running through the streets screaming as if they liked GOOD music. but it was all for obama.

you could hear and see the fireworks in bushwick from my pad too. pretty rad!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:41 am

oh man this shit so cold: http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

Palin asked to speak along with McCain at his Arizona concession speech Tuesday night, but campaign strategist Steve Schmidt vetoed the request.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:49 am

This was my first presidential election as a U.S. citizen and I feel it was a great privilege to be able to vote in such a historic election. I can still hardly believe it happened.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:50 am

I love you all! And high fives all around.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:20 pm

Celebrated the crushing victory at the Lincoln Lounge! Folks were going bananas left and right--wild cheering, people bawling their eyes out with joy, $2 beers. A buncha lame chicks got up on the bar and started gyrating around midnight. Too bad they were wearing baggy sweaters. Coyote Frumpy. Was still drunk at the staff meeting this morning.

HIGH FIVE!!!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:26 pm | Edited by: Minus Matt

-iiii
I
I
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:29 pm

Thee above was supposed to be a HIGH FIVE. If you look at it just right....maybe?
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:38 pm | Edited by: leftpeg

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:43 pm

if you're a friend of the thing with two heads on myspace, please check our recently posted bulletins.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:57 pm

Gonna be nice to not get roped into endless political discussions with European folks about how stupid Bush is. They might even have some goodwill towards Americans, again!

Shit, man, they will be buying you drinks! 'bout time, after all we bailed them out 64 years ago.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 1:00 pm

The commenters on the Fox News site are keeping it real classy...

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/11/04/youdecide_11042/
Comment by How about a parade
November 4th, 2008 at 11:58 pm
Lets have a huge parade…how about on Nov 22…In Dallas….Barack can ride in the back of a convertable with his wife…they could drive by the School Book Depository…yes thats the ticket…

Fortunately that's the worst I saw. For the most part it's just kind of comical the excuses they're trying shill.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 1:10 pm

Comment by How about a parade
November 4th, 2008 at 11:58 pm
Lets have a huge parade…how about on Nov 22…In Dallas….Barack can ride in the back of a convertable with his wife…they could drive by the School Book Depository…yes thats the ticket…

Can't say I am all that surprised to hear dumb shit like this. I'm sure this is just the beginning of a bunch of moronic statements.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 1:18 pm

We were dancing in the streets last night outside of Obama headquarters in Portland giving people high fives and hugging complete strangers and yelling like maniacs.

More high fives.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 1:20 pm

Wait...this is the Goner board. Shouldn't we all be giving each other lo-fi-ves?
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 1:23 pm

Shouldn't we all be giving each other lo-fi-ves?

nope it's time for change
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 2:02 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

Chapter 1 in that series (BO: How He Did It) is amazing reading. Will check out the McCain chapter next.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 2:33 pm

Yes! Racism is over!!!!
No its not, we have Indiana.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 2:55 pm

Yes! Racism is over!!!!
No its not, we have Indiana.

I just came back from lunch at Huey's.
From the table next to me:
"I can't believe that nigger won."
"Well, someone might kill him."
"Yeah, but then we'd have Biden and he's a nut."
"Yeah. Maybe they'd kill him too."
"Who'd be next after that?"
"Uhhh..."
"Hmmmm...."
"Duh...."
--this went on for a while before they came up with Speaker of the House---
"That's Nancy Pelosi."
"Man, she's a real radical!"
"Yeah, we can't have her...San Francisco values!"

Oh, the progress....

I also heard people on the other end of the place occasionally shouting, "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" but I couldn't tell if they were serious or just making fun of the wingnuts.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:06 pm

Chapter 1 in that series (BO: How He Did It) is amazing reading.

concur.

Hillary Clinton refused to shake his hand on the Senate floor after he declared his candidacy

thank god we sidestepped that trainwreck.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:07 pm

Which Huey's?

I have a feeling I may be getting into some public battles soon.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:10 pm

From the link from Will:

NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family"clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

I think it was Jon Stewart who referred to the family as GYPSIES.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:11 pm | Edited by: Will

^^^ word. can't wait for thanksgiving.

(re: battles)
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:16 pm

Which Huey's?
midtown
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:32 pm

well i know where i'm going to wear my airbrushed MLK/ Barack Obama "Dream Team" t-shirt this afternoon.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:05 pm

Barak won Indiana. First time the state has gone Democrat in 44 years. I helped make that happen!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:22 pm

BLACK JESUS!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:24 pm

JESUS WAS EXECUTED!!! HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THEY'LL LET HIM LIVE??? THEY KILLED A BLACK CIVIL RIGHT LEADER AND 2 WHITE CATHOLICS FOR CHRISTS SAKES!!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:43 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

Chapter 1 in that series (BO: How He Did It) is amazing reading. Will check out the McCain chapter next.

No kidding. I just started reading this and it is amazing.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 5:06 pm

DJ Superman on Hot 107.1 was saying some genius stuff this afternoon, telling listeners who didn't bother to vote not to get excited, bc it's not "their" black man in the White House, it's "a" black man. also told listeners to step up their game bc Obama's not gonna be serving collard greens and chitlins along with barbecue on the back lawn -- said that Obama's gonna expect African Americans to rise to a respectable level, or they're gonna get left behind once again. of course, he said it much more succinctly than I can...
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 5:31 pm

We need High Fives right here in Stall No. 3, Minneapolis Airport Men's Room.

C'mon by and check out my wiiiiiiiide stance! Then I'm going to drown myself in a turd punchbowl, my man McCain let me down.

Speaking of down, tap tap tapppity tap tap tap
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 5:35 pm

I wish I had gotten the bootleg shirt that read: "BLACK MAN RUNNING AND IT AIN'T FROM THE POLICE!"
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 6:07 pm

This is great:

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 7:46 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

JESUS WAS EXECUTED!!! HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THEY'LL LET HIM LIVE??? THEY KILLED A BLACK CIVIL RIGHT LEADER AND 2 WHITE CATHOLICS FOR CHRISTS SAKES!!!!

CAN IT, sister!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®