Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bowler collapses and dies after rolling 300 game
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 11:45 am

RAVENNA, Mich. (WZZM) - Teammates in his bowling league think after rolling a perfect 300 game Don Doane's heart just gave out.

"You get nervous shooting a 300," says teammate Todd Place. "The pressure keeps building," says bowling alley owner Jim Nutt.

Minutes after achieving the life long goal of a perfect game the 62 year old bowler collapsed and died at Ravenna Bowl in Ravenna. "Don just collapsed," says alley owner Nutt. " At first we thought he just fainted." "Then when I rolled him over I realized it wasn't good," says teammate Place.

The teammates say he was giving a high-five minutes before. They tried to revive him but Doane never spoke another word. He died of what was apparently a massive heart attack "He looked fine, reached across the table and gave me a high-five and he fell over," says Place.

"I think he died by the time he hit the floor." Don Doane was a member of the "Nutt Farm" bowling team at Ravenna Bowl for 45 years. His teammates says its strange not to see him on league nights.

"It was like a book, a final chapter," says Place. "He threw his 300 game with all of his friends, gave each other high-fives and it's like the story ended. He died with a smile on his face."

"Don will be a legend," says Nutt. 'It's something that will never be forgotten as long as people bowl here." Ravenna Bowl is planning a memorial ceremony for Doan's' wife Linda and son Chad
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:18 pm

He should move to Florida and ground a white castle slider out of india's sacred cow...Stepchild!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:25 pm

Really...If you think about it...what more was there to do in life?
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:29 pm

He looked fine, reached across the table and gave me a high-five and he fell over," says Place.

High five!!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:30 pm

i think the moral here is that high fives kill
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:32 pm | Edited by: eric o

High Five at your own risk!

Especially in Michigan? Can Michigonians not handle the excitement of a perfect high five?

HIGH FIVE!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:36 pm

"He threw his 300 game with all of his friends, gave each other high-fives and it's like the story ended."

High five!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:51 pm

Michigonians

It's Michiganders, o Memphite
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 1:06 pm

My grandmother was a Ladies Champion bowler in the 50's and 60's. Her whole house was full of trophies. And Country records. High five! (I told you this High five thing was gonna be big!)
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:42 pm

My grandmother was a Ladies Champion bowler in the 50's and 60's. Her whole house was full of trophies. And Country records. High five! (I told you this High five thing was gonna be big!)

My great-grandma was a champion bowler, too. She grew up in Milwaukee and is in the state Bowling Hall of Fame. High five!!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:54 pm

This is possibly the most awesome story since Fred and Toody Cole ran the marathon.
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 3:06 pm

michiginners
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 3:32 pm

michiginners

I had to re-read this one a couple of time.
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:27 pm | Edited by: mexicajun

He should move to Florida and ground a white castle slider out of india's sacred cow...Stepchild!
[url=http://maproomsystems.org/images/blogimages/blog1/sampinup.jpg]
"...and the same as Elizabeth Montgomery too!"[/url]
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

It's Michiganders, o Memphite

Some state senator tried to change it to "Michiganese" back in the 70s, but he was run out of town by a mob with flaming torches.

My friend Matt always said we should be "Michiganoids."
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 7:04 pm

I like Michiganoids better than Michiganders. I'm not a goose. At least Michiganoid sounds like some scary space creature from a 50's drive in horror flick.

I was on a bowling team in high school called the Coat Hanger Babies.
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 7:05 pm

he gone.

My buddy Judd's got 11 different rings from his 300 games. Mandarin + 1 for the penor.
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 10:21 am

GONER BOWL!
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 10:38 am

GONER BOWL!
Hell yeah!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®