Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / are there any chris isaak fans here?
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:01 pm

i listen to him when i'm really depressed to make myself feel better.
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:03 pm

you know it.
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:11 pm

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but he's quite a crooner. Pretty cute too.
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm

He was the musical guest when I saw a taping of Conan. He was pretty good too. I like mostly all of his songs except that one about wanting to fall in love.
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:32 pm

he puts on a great show.
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 5:43 pm

I like to listen to him and rub bath oil all over myself! mmmmm
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Not good enough for the authorities, not good enough for me!
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm

solitary man

whew!
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 3:43 am

I like one remark he made. When asked what he thought about Bwuce Spwingsteen he said, without yodeling:
"I think they should kill him slowly."
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 8:25 am

I guess none of you have ever heard Roy Orbison.
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 10:28 am | Edited by: deadcityrebel

no, thats what i dig about him sometimes, if roy were still alive they'd be doing duets and it would rule
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 10:47 am

Roy Orbit had a son?
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 11:48 am

Chris has been riding his surfboard on nothing but his good looks for quite a few years.
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 11:50 am

High Five!
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Roy Orbit had a son?

Yeah, he looks all metal, but I don't think he is "true".
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Roy had two sons who died tragically in a fire at his home (I believe in Hendersonville?). Then he sold the place to Johnny Cash. Years later Roy's surviving son used to go by the site of the old house which June and Johnny had turned into a garden as a spiritual gesture. Johnny kept seeing Roy's son up there so one day he went over and gave him back the land. Pretty cool.
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Silvertone was good bachelor pad music for setting the mood. Women really respond to meloncholy crooning drenched in reverb. James Calvin Willsey is a good guitarist in his own right.
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 1:11 pm

High Five!

HIGH FIVE!
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 7:04 pm

James Calvin Willsey is a good guitarist in his own right

Indeed. He was in the Avengers, too.

Used to go see Chris at Nightbreak, a biker bar on Haight, circa '85. It's amazing how fully formed his act was even then.

I also ran into him at a Jerry Lee Lewis show that year and gave him an invitation to our party a few nights later, but he didn't show. Rats.
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 9:50 pm

chris isaak

is all about the ladies. dudes who like him...ARE FAGS!
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 3:24 am

that's right
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 11:46 am

That guitar guy is pretty good. Kind of a psychedelic James Burton. But he never came up with the kinda genius guitar lines like Roy Orbison. Roy wrote Pretty Woman in the back of a bus on tour with The Beatles. Also, Roy was great from beginning to end. Even that last record he did was great. And The Travelling Wilburys. And you can't beat Ooby Dooby. He died way too young.
Plus Roy had great style.
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 12:04 pm

my friend from high school had some pretty cool parents that would take us down to New Orleans and turn us loose. On the way down they would rock some Van Morrison (the good stuff, mostly up through St. Dominic's Pre), Delbert McClinton (not good. specifically his "everytimeirollthedice" tune from like '92 or whatever) , and Chris Isaak - Forever Blue. I can't say i liked it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as one would think. But my god , certainly not better than Bruce's first 2 or 3 records.
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:28 pm

Even that last record he did was great.
yes

And The Travelling Wilburys.
no

what always got me about him was the sadness: the lost wife early on; TWO sons dying

really hard to believe how a guy could stand up after that

i lived in san fran for a couple of years in early 90's. isaak was always around. a pretty decent guy. but what everyone talked about--when he left the room, natch--was his milton berle(esque ?) schlong. it was a running joke. chris was a-packin'. enough for two white men..
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 4:02 am

His schlong was a running joke?
That fuckin figures.
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 8:59 am

i met him a few times in SF - pretty funny dude - saw him a couple of times at the Paradise Lounge - wasnt into it -- unlike Baker i never lied awake at night thinking about dude's schlong, nor was it a topic of discussion at the social gatherings i attended

ps. Nightbreak was a crucial joint
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 10:08 am

Hahahaaaaa!

Very, VERY British, Crucial.
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 10:33 am

unlike Baker i never lied awake at night thinking

in two million years you would not know what i dream/think about

discussion at the social gatherings i attended

next time you shd hang out with girls

paradise was boring though
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 10:48 am

new chris isaak today! if anyone even cares!
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 8:38 am

He also has a show on the Bio channel starting on, I think, Thursday.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®