Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / OMG!! Sarah Palin Is Gonna Be On SNL!!!!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:34 pm

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:35 pm

However -- I wished they would consider Bill Mahr instead of scripted comedy :-(
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:44 pm

I love Snopes == some (real) photos:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/rally.asp
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 3:48 pm

I bet I still won't ever have heard of the Host or Musical Guest.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:42 pm

This is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Just a completely shameless grab for attention too late in the game when all public respect has already been lost. I guess that unfunny piece-of-shit TV show really will stoop to no low to get ratings!

Thank you, I'll be here all night!

(not really, I'm gonna get fucked up!)
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 11:45 pm

The bit during the fake news was kinda funny.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:45 am

it would seem to me that her SNL appearance is an attempt by the campaign to "soften her up" for the undecided voters that are creeped out by her REAL fanbase.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 10:28 am

it would seem to me that her SNL appearance is an attempt by the campaign to "soften her up" for the undecided voters that are creeped out by her REAL fanbase.

absolutely. no question.

jokes about hockey moms, neighbor to russia, her gee golly gee whiz you betcha lexicon

boring.

mccain even said to letterman that he hopes more people watch it than watched VP debate.

70 mill for snl? there's not enough pot in US to make that happen.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 10:29 am

I didn't watch SNL, but I saw a clip of her on Weekend Update where she just sat there while Amy Poehler did that rap. Was that the extent of her appearance on the show?
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 10:38 am

it was last night?

oops!
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Turns out she was in two sketches: the cold open, and Weekend Update. Apparently the purpose of her going on the program was to show that she's a good sport and could stand there while people make fun of her to her face.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 12:17 pm

it was last night?

you know all that weed you mentioned earlier?
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 12:19 pm

i was bamboozled not organically but by bright colors and deafening human cannonballs at barnum and bailey.

i'm still shaking.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 1:01 pm

i was bamboozled not organically but by bright colors and deafening human cannonballs at barnum and bailey.

Ha! I was right there with that last weekend...

I saw the opening, Tina Fey ruled, Alec Baldwin got to call Palin a "horrible woman" to her face...she tried to be adorable and self-deprecating...it was alright if you can ignore the blatant attempt to win some hipster cred. The show sucked so bad beyond that that I passed out in a pork rib, wine and ice cream coma and missed the Weekend Update part...
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 2:06 pm

I totally passed out too, man! Barely made it awake thru the intro. An asada burrito was the culprit for me.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 2:31 pm

a pork rib, wine and ice cream coma

oooh.... i want some of that!

i thought baldwin was great.
i turned it off after the "live from NY" bit... kinda wished i saw weekend update
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 2:51 pm

I woke up from a nap in time for the Update and watched it mainly with the sound turned way down. It was stupid SNL shit--Cute Amy Poehler with her cast of dorky, untalented, unfunny white boys. Just stop the madness. I early voted.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 3:43 pm

What an awful awful show. It's been awhile since I'd seen it. Holy crap that was painful. McGruber?!?! I almost kicked the TV out the window.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 6:56 pm

Clearly none of you witnessed the Fart Face skit.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 8:10 pm

I almost kicked the TV out the window.

but you didn't..........faggit.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 8:19 pm

a friend of mine just wrote a song for sarah and it deserves to be reprinted here

You are the governor of Alaska
You shoot moose and caribou
You can really rock it out
You really whoop a caribou's ass

SARAH PALIN
SARAH PALIN
SARAH PALIN
SARAH PALIN

You have five children and a snow leopard
Your daughter is pregnant
You are John McCain's vice presidential nominee
You are a hockey mom

SARAH PALIN
SARAH PALIN
SARAH PALIN
SARAH PALIN

Rock over London
Rock on Chicago

Budweiser - King of Beers
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 8:21 pm

is your friend her downs syndrome kid????
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Clearly none of you witnessed the Fart Face skit.

I did... not EVEN as funny as the "Amy Pohler" (sp?) is pregnant in the bar & all the guys think she's hot 'cause she's pregnant in the bar and her bellybaby knocks over beers 'cause she's PREGNANT IN THE BAR!

amazingly not funny.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Governor Palin wasn't bad, esp talling that baldwin dude that Steven Baldwin was her favorite.
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:28 pm

I hate anchovie pizza
Asparagus and peas
Wanting my dessert
And having to say please
I hate
Well I hate everything (2x)
I hate the Grateful Dead
Their hippi fans are such a waste
Everything about them
Even Jerry's ugly face
CHORUS
I hate working around the house
I hate mowing the lawn
I hate doing my homework
I even hate this song
CHORUS (2x)
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 2:25 am

BRING BACK MYSTIC RECORDS. and while you're at it 'TIPPY TURTLE!!!!
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:24 am

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am

I did... not EVEN as funny

I can only imagine Gene Simmons fondling your comically over-augmented breasts, right before laying you down, listening to Foreigner sing "I wanna know what funny is, I want you to show me..."
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 12:10 pm

SNL = Not funny.

Isn't Lorne Michaels a republican now? No wonder he put Gov. Moose-killer on.
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 1:29 pm

I almost kicked the TV out the window.

but you didn't..........faggit.

Well, it wasn't my TV... and your father was sucking my cock. I was paralyzed with pleasure.
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 6:46 pm

SNL = Not funny.

The Palin skits have been really funny. Really funny. There have been three before SP appeared on the show. Which, for my money, was the unfunniest Palin skit.
I think it did NOTHING to help her or the campaign though. She looked like an ass, and Tina Fey (once again) looked brilliant. That was my worry...that she'd look all adorable and people would love her because she's "hip enough" to go on the show and take the punches. Instead, I think she just took the punches. (I missed the Weekend Update part.)
Baldwin was great.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 2:00 am

finally saw this tonight. watched most of it, not bad. the molly shannon wannabe lady is funny, fartface was ok, and narc school showed potential but was poorly executed. great theme song, though!

gov palin looked good even alongside tina fey. she didnt fuck up or embarrass herself at all, but she definitely wasnt sparkling, either.

no robert smigel cartoon. fuck snl.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

narc school showed potential but was poorly executed

Yeah, wtf? That skit should have been genius.

New SNL harkens back to classic late 70s SNL. Absurd low-key situational comedy premises -less catch phrases.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 9:07 am

I thought Amy Pohler's rap song was kinda funny. The rest was not that great, which is a big disappointment cause I am a huge fan of Upright Citizens Brigade. I knew she was on SNL, but I have not watched it in years. I did however go to the SNL web-site to watch the other skits on Sarah Palin and found them to be pretty funny.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 9:19 am

ain't gonna lie - i laughed at that kid who did the Mark Walhberg talks to the animals bit.

"hey chicken, how's it hangin'? most people want to eat you, but i just want to talk to you, ok? say hi to your mother for me."

it's dumber than hell, but i still laughed.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 9:42 am

I thought Amy Pohler's rap song was kinda funny.

I'm "so totally over" "people rappin' who aren't supposed to be rappin'" jokes.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 11:39 am

I'm "so totally over" "people rappin' who aren't supposed to be rappin'" jokes.

Ha! this would make a good rap.
but really, who's "supposed to be rappin'"? Eminem? Weird Al?
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Governor Palin wasn't bad, esp talling that baldwin dude that Steven Baldwin was her favorite

Did she tall him that to his face?

but really, who's "supposed to be rappin'"?Weird Al?

AND NO ONE ELSE!
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 12:38 pm

who's "supposed to be rappin'"?

People from THE STREETS, you know, Street People...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®