Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Joe the Plumber ain't a plumber and his name ain't Joe
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Hysterical. The guy's name is Sam and he's not a licensed plumber. McCain's vetting process exposed again. You couldn't make this shit up.
http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed2/idUSN1639355520081016
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 6:54 pm

weren't they just being general? i mean really i didnt think they were talkin about 1 specific person? maybe i'ma stoopid?
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 7:02 pm

McCain was referring to a specific guy who had asked a question at an Obama rally.
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 7:17 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

He's worried about Obama taxing somebody who makes more than 1/4 mil when he doesn't even come close to making that. I could totally make a billion trillion dollars next year, slight chance, so I'm voting for the fucking Penguin.

Joe The Plumber is taking a stand against taxes because he doesn't want to pay his taxes or his hospital bills.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign17-2008oct17,0,3737 57.story

According to court records, creditors have secured at least two liens against Wurzelbacher, whose legal name is Samuel. Ohio has a $1,182 lien for owed taxes and St. Charles Mercy Hospital has filed a 2007 lien for $1,261.

Joe Six Pack? Useless 12 Pack!
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 7:53 pm

I could totally make a billion trillion dollars next year, slight chance, so I'm voting for the fucking Penguin.
Double ha!
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 10:08 pm

weren't they just being general? i mean really i didnt think they were talkin about 1 specific person? maybe i'ma stoopid?

That is what I thought during the debate and was falling down laughing when that old fool said the name; then the media started crowing about the "Real Joe the Plumber" and showing the meeting between he and Obama when he was wandering around shaking hands in a neighborhood the other day. Total plant.
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Local news gets in the Joe the Plumber fun!

I am watching "Action News 5" in Memphis and there is a banner reading "Our Own 'Joe the Plummer'". And he's a real plumber too! His first job on "this day" was pumping grease from some hot wings joint. He says he is voting for McCain "as long as he gets that tax credit!"
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 1:19 am

Gonerboard "independent" "research" "triumphs" "again!"
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:28 am

"as long as he gets that tax credit!"

yeah, that'll happen...*rolls eyes*
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

Hard times the last 8 years. Joe six packs wife noticed that after he lost his job he was slowly becoming Joe twelve pack and over the last few months he's been scarce around the house. folks around town have been overheard refering to him as Joe dimebag.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 8:09 am

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 8:12 am

Hard times the last 8 years. Joe six packs wife noticed that after he lost his job he was slowly becoming Joe twelve pack and over the last few months he's been scarce around the house. folks around town have been overheard refering to him as Joe dimebag.

Yeah, the ones who aren't calling him Mr. Gatortail.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 8:31 am

From the first link:

"It's a shame that this guy has ended up in this situation because it seems like he's misrepresented himself -- and for that matter the plumbing and pipefitting industry."

Leave it to the fucking liberal plumbing and pipefitting industry to hang poor Joe out to dry...he's just like you and me, you know.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 11:14 am | Edited by: Uptight White

He's worried about Obama taxing somebody who makes more than 1/4 mil when he doesn't even come close to making that.

This character "Joe" may be concerned about the principal of soaking the rich with higher taxation and killing the golden goose (employers) and all. The bigger issue is that Obama plans to pass on new taxes to businesses grossing more than $250K per year, which is a ridiculously low number. I can see small companies breaking up into multiple divisions/ Corporations. to avoid it. Considering that small businesses are still the largest employers of US citizens, it is a valid concern for everybody.

Additionally, this whole $250K=rich is locked in the 1980's economics, when they chose it to be the highest progressive tax rate. I know wages have stagnated, but they still need to pick a higher arbitrary number based on 20+ years of inflation. There are many entrepreneurs earning $249,999.99 annually on purpose to avoid the cut off, and diverting the rest to foundations. It's the professional class that gets soaked if they are not creative.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 11:19 am

Joe the plumber, practicing without a proper liscense and not paying taxes, it seems

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/us/politics/17joe.html?_r=1&em&oref= slogin
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 11:24 am

Also, I am retarded.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 11:32 am

Personally I know two people earning far over 250K both easily voting for Obama. Maybe more of my family and friends earn that doubtful though!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:03 pm

The bigger issue is that Obama plans to pass on new taxes to businesses grossing more than $250K per year, which is a ridiculously low number.

This whole issue only has to do with personal income tax and the only small businesses it would apply to are ones that pay their taxes through personal income tax. So, we're talking about taxable income, not gross income.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Tax hike = non-issue

Fox News does it again!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:51 pm

much motherfuckin wicked clown love!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:03 pm

One day I hope to meet somebody who's net income (that's after taxes, my drunkard peers) is $250,000.01 a year.

And I'd like that person to buy me a 12 pack because I am Useless 12 Pack. I'm hoping for beer that's better than Milwaukee's Beast Lite because I can afford that on my current income with inflation.

Joe The Plumber's lack of hair, political affiliation, flannel shirt, and Sammy Davis Jr. comment (black Jew) make me wonder if he's a skinhead.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:10 pm

I also read this crazy stuff (http://theobfuscationreport.blogspot.com/2008/10/joe-plumber-nope-joe -tax-dodger.html) about how Joe the Plumber is related to Charles Keating AND was issued a traffic ticket in the same vicinity as Sarah Palin in Alaska a few years ago... conspiracy!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:25 pm

i can't wait for all this bullshit to be over.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Oh what a shock. The Republicans using underhanded tactics by planting a phoney blue-collar aspiring business man to try to put Obama on the spot. The Right Wing manipulating reality to make it seem like their policies might help out somebody else besides their 1%er mil/billionaire friends? Who'd a thunk it!

You see, there's a Repulican view and then there's reality.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:27 pm

While eating breakfast in a truck stop the other day I was unfortunate enough to have to listen to two loudmouth dipshits ranting on and on about whatever the first thoughts to pop in their heads were:

"Palin will be just like Truman--he didn't have any experience before FDR died."

"Another thing that I'm sick of hearing about is that Katrina bullshit--they need to move that city 100 miles north. You don't hear the people who got flooded in Cedar Rapids this summer complaining, do ya? People today are pussies."

"Obama is gonna spend a trillion dollars his first day on the job."

I'll be so fuckin glad when this election is over--I don't hate politics, I just hate other people's opinions on politics.

-Ryan
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:47 pm

"Palin will be just like Truman--he didn't have any experience before FDR died."
Ha!

He

WW I Vet
12 years powerful judge
Senator
Vice president

She

PTA committees
Mayor of Hooterville
Gov of state for 17 months that has fewer people living in it than akron has
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:52 pm | Edited by: Seamus

Mayor of Hooterville

a position which was considered a part-time job.

this.

it's a fucking podunk, glorified redneck suburb. i grew up 45 minutes away.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 10:00 pm

I saw this bizarre movie on TCM the other night from 1932 (?) starring Walter Huston as a W.-esque (really, Hoover) president/party hack during the Great Depression who had a closecall with death and the archangel Gabriel came over him in just enough time to enact a bunch of New Deal projects. Franchot Tone was his spokesperson. Crazy b/c it predated FDR's election.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Oh 1933...but still predated much of the New Deal.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024044/
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 10:08 pm

that movie is A-ok

the director is no hack; just completely under the radar

this one of his is a GREAT movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028010/
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®