Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Devo For Obama -- Performing in Akron, OH
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:33 am

Devo for Obama in Akron

Akron’s own DEVO will appear on the Civic Theatre stage. This performance is a benefit for the Summit County Democratic Party. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, October 7th, at 11:00 a.m.

Pretty sweet. Cute image. Anyone Goners there?
Wait -- 11:00am on a Tuesday? Boo.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:48 am

that's just when the tix go on sale.

the show itself is on oct 17th. prices range from $25 to $150.

$150 apparently gets you VIP seating & an after-party with the band.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 12:56 pm

that's just when the tix go on sale.

Heh -- boy that was a blonde moment, eh?
Don't answer that, haters.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 2:17 pm

File this under Devo's Greatest Misses...Whatever happened to freedom of choice? Don't you know, it's not right. I mean, I thought they were through being cool...what a bunch of blockheads.
I ain't taking no red eye express to see this big mess...I mean, c'mon...
some things never change, damn baby talking bitches...
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 2:40 pm

File this under Devo's Greatest Misses...Whatever happened to freedom of choice?

So Devo aren't allowed to have a freedom of choice? It's not like they're holding a gun to someone's head- they're playing a fucking concert.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:22 pm

So Devo aren't allowed to have a freedom of choice? It's not like they're holding a gun to someone's head- they're playing a fucking concert.

????

Are you a member of the smart patrol?
Pity you...i got an uncontrollable urge to slap your mammy.
And that's good!
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:43 pm

Wait are those all Devo lyrics? Sorry, I guess I am an idiot. In my defense, I bought two Devo records after people on this very board practically made me and made it through both of them once trying to give them a chance... Damn, one more reason for me to hate that band.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:54 pm

Space junk to nail Sarah Palin?
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 4:32 pm

duty now for the future is the best devo lp. saw devo a few years back and they had a fair amount of anti bush talk between songs.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 7:59 pm

Devo are fucking awesome and I wouldn't care if they supported Duke for Prez, I'd take any one of their songs over anything nick's name ever did.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 8:14 pm

i saw them live 30 times before 1980

NONE of their records captured those moments of greatness

that being said, i love the first 3 lps, in descending order
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 8:17 pm

Devos later stuff always did suck...
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 8:18 pm

i disagree. not in the same league as their early stuff, but all their records had at least a few good songs on them.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 8:49 pm

I bought two Devo records after people on this very board practically made me and made it through both of them once trying to give them a chance... Damn, one more reason for me to hate that band.

you are fucking deaf !
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 4:33 am

Akron!!!
Can Chrissy get the pretenders back together
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 7:13 am

I also live in Ohio and could easily go to this if I wanted to.
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 7:44 am

Jesus, what's happened to you guys? There was a time when I could just say I didn't care for Devo and there would be 20 people holding their vaginas in agony. This recession must really have people down...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®