Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Gories and Oblivians
Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 6:40 pm

so will this be the first thread to go to 5 pages?
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Yes. Good call.
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 7:09 pm

whooooo, 5 pages!!

Guess the tour is probably about over as I type this.. congratulations y'all, sounds like everything went great, sad I couldn't make any of the europe dates, and still kind of amazed that it actually happened.

have fun in Italy friends. when you order that umbria ham, the italians sell their meats and cheeses by the "etto" which is 100 grams or about a quarter pound. this is about the only essential thing you need to know.
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 10:51 am

The Gories/ Oblivians show at the Gleis 22 (MŁnster) was everything i hoped for, one of the very best shows i have ever booked. A big thank you to both bands for making this night so special. The audience was great, too... a lot more people from other citys (/countrys) than from MŁnster. It was nice to finally meet some people i only knew from e-mail/ myspace. I\'m a bit jealous of the people who had the possibility to see em more often, just once wasn\'t enough. Compulsive Gamblers should think about coming over to Europe too! \"Stop And Think It Over\"
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 10:57 am

What a fantastic tour. We've seen the shows in Muenster and Munich and almost in Amsterdam. Great shows, great weather, great beer and great fun hanging out with you after. I guess the impression will last for a few years but then you'll have to come over again...cheers!
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Compulsive Gamblers should think about coming over to Europe too! "Stop And Think It Over

I totally agree!
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Ravenna, Italy review (translated via google)

from http://www.hatetv.it/articoli_detail.php?ID=1264

The years we have used zero to an avalanche of reunion. For the glory or the money to have overturned many of those bands that we are not now more appropriate, and for some it is even normal to go see in 2009 - chess - the Lynard Skynard. So I have made too many questions when I heard that Gories and Oblivians (both scioltisi more than ten years) will be reformed in order to plow the antlers together. Indeed, the news has not been able to get the effect of a gust of wind chill nell'afa torrid first few weeks of the summer. Two pillars of the garage nineties together. Benone.

The frame of the bath 72 of Marina di Ravenna, in mid-July, makes it even more crazy and funny. A swim and a beer all'Hana Bi, with the side of Dan krÝb in that shirt makes you wink. Perfect.

Gories I go on stage I still wet hair. I Piazzo beside them ready to listen through the lights. Mick Collins, perhaps the only true blues of our time, has a presence that inspires statuary, at first, considerable reverence (most of these are there for him to see and perhaps discover the roots of the Dirtbombs). On the contrary, is krÝb marcissimo and perfectly embodies the sound that comes from his guitar. Peggy O'Neill takes place behind a low battery all'osso and you seem to see Maureen Tucker in the early seventies. For the first guitar riff of the bathroom of indie riviera of Romagna is transformed into a closet in the suburbs of Detroit City. Gories I give us a real lesson in rock'n 'roll, spolpando punk rhythms and melodies for the origin of rabies. With pieces like There But The Grace Of God Go I or Early In The Morning remind us that everything starts from the blues, that without the sound of the delta of the Mississippi it will be unleashed as we are doing. The bouncers are starting to look bad, and when I start Thunderbird Esq Nytroglicerine and barely able to restrain those who unleashed a shout and a hand from the stage.

After the concert I wonder how much strength I have left to deal with the Oblivians. I'll have a beer while Greg, Jack and Eric embrace the tools. They are rough, crazy and wonderfully low-fi. Attack Part Of Your Plan and delirium. Bouncer touches to climb on stage in front of Jack to give at least the idea of having everything under control. For their part the Oblivians it frigates and increase the dose, speeding and distorting the guitars. Jack and Greg share of place behind the drums and have fun as kids. And Then I Fucked Her is a stray mine, The Leather bounce right on the sand dunes where those have taken place have not succeeded in putting in the crowd, and if they requested the Bad Man, the chorus of the crowd pierces the night in two Adriatic.

Sudatissimi and excited us to the meager jostling to buy a banquet shirt to put on in place of ours, now throw. With a sense of joyful serenity known that there is no new album for sale.
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 11:14 pm

thats the best review i've ever read!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 3:23 am

embrace the tools!!!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:59 am

that review sounds like a sarah palin speech...
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:41 am

hope the gig was more exciting than the review...
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 9:43 am

that review sounds like a sarah palin speech...

Yeah, she MIGHT know something about embracing a tool. Most likely her inner one.
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:32 am

And Then I Fucked Her is a stray mine

Eric's getting that added to the Concorde jet on his backplate.
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:34 am

ith a sense of joyful serenity known that there is no new album for sale.

but there is... barristers counts!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:33 pm

melodies for the origins of RABIES!!!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 6:40 pm

ha.

in other news, there's a new batch of the Sympathy 10"s (each of 'em) so don't overpay on ebay. should be available in stores soon.
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 8:24 pm

oh shit! might have to upgrade from the ones i trashed while playing on acid a hundred times.
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 8:25 pm

you broke,
my heart,
i should have known it,
right from the sta-ah-ah-art!
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 8:48 pm

Finally have the photos from Blast Off Festival here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hobertson/sets/72157621916570854/
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 2:52 pm

forgot about the dancers. uh, whoah.

GREAT NEWS- signed up ARMITAGE SHANKS for Gonerfest 7!

amazing!
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 8:34 am

NEW, old Oblivians songs here!!:

Jack Oblivian
"Saturday Night Part 2"
10-inch vinyl

PART twos (new versions!) of Jack Oblivian favorites!
Released on BIG LEGAL MESS Records (a part of Fat Possum Records!)

1. Mad Lover - Part II
2. Put Your Love on Me
3. Cigarillo
4. Milkshake Baby
5. Make Your Mind Up - Part II
6. Against The Wall - Part II

LISTEN to "Mad Lover pt. 2"
here:
http://www.biglegalmessrecords.com/mp3/01%20Mad%20Lover%20-%20Part%20I I.mp3

CLICK the below LINK to BUY it!
http://www.biglegalmessrecords.com/jacko.htm
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 8:39 am | Edited by: Janderass

"Mad Lover pt. 2"
That kills.
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 8:50 am

yeah, the reissue of "American Slang" and "So Low" are out now too!
killer also!

buy here:
http://www.biglegalmessrecords.com/jacko.htm

Jack Oblivian (Double 10-Inch Vinyl)`
So Low / American Slang

1. Intro/Midnight Hour Queen
2. Shake It Off
3. Trash
4. So Low
5. Downtown
6. Let Me Be Your Chauffeur
7. Mama Don't Get Off
8. You Made Me Crazy
9. Human Being
10. All Your Lovin'
11. All The Way Down

1. American Slang
2. 2,000 Man
3. Hustler
4. Honey, I'm Too Old For You
5. Robot Lover
6. Got The Funky Blues (pt. 1)
7. Got The Funky Blues (pt. 2) MP3
8. Out Of Tune
9. a.m. slang (reprise)
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 9:27 am

got 'em ; awesome stuff ; better than the tearjerkers #2
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 4:02 am

Here are some photo's from the show at the Vera
http://www.vera-groningen.nl/photos
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 8:45 am

WOW! I need all the BLM releases.
Those photos are fancy! wow!
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 1:34 am

Muenster: Gories Oblivians
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 7:33 am

seems like there's been some guitar swapping...
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Just saw the google translation for the Ravenna gig review. Some parts are really hilarious!
BTW I know it's probably going to miss some of that crazy surrealistic effect, but like "rabies" was actually "anger" in the original version.
p.s. hey Torino gig had no beach but for us it was fun anyway
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 5:00 pm

http://www.dutchpix.com/music.html
A few more pictures from the show in Amsterdam
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 5:41 pm

nice! great shot of greg... and crowd shot with KOSTA right in the middle of it!
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Hidden Charms!:
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 2:11 pm

YES! Gories!
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 6:06 pm

eric -- rocking the TSOT shirt. I love it.

How do I gets me one of them Oblivians Europe shirts Mick is wearing?
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

(short of getting a time machine and actually going to Europe for a show, of course)
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 6:44 pm

actually - how can I get one of those too? - I like the color!
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:20 am

it's "colour." I meant to save a bunch of those suckers and sure didn't.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:45 am

it's "colour." I meant to save a bunch of those suckers and sure didn't.

dang.
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 2:38 am

hi ; i've posted a new vid about the gories

so now you know
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 12:24 pm

The other side to the Oblvians weekend... Muscle and Me braving Aids Lake.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 10:33 am

some info for jenna...before embarking on her NY real estate hunt
Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®