Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ways that it would be possible for Bill to bring me back Gus's chicken...
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Wonkavision?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:31 pm

HULLO FED EX?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:31 pm

go to harold's and use your imagination.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:32 pm

you can't go cuz you got a bun in the oven? that's too bad, but keep mini-roe safe and sound!
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Wrap in foil. Store on engine block.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:34 pm

that's no way to treat a child.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Next year: Streaming flavor.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm semi-serious about this...my concern is that it looses the crispiness if it travels for 9 hrs. It's really all I can think about now.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:39 pm

who is flying back from gonerfest? who has a layover at o'hare?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Maybe wraping individual pieces in foil and then in a box and putting in cooler that has cold packs rather than ice?

is there an iphone app for this?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:43 pm

too bad the hadron super collider is on the fritz, i'll bet the answer somehow involves it.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:58 pm

gus's chicken is the best place in the world.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm

i'm sure you're 1/2 way there by now, but get really scary hormonal on him and i'm sure he WILL figure something out.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm | Edited by: cococomas

"i'm sure you're 1/2 way there by now, but get really scary hormonal on him and i'm sure he WILL figure something out."

I guess shoving it up your ass is out of the question?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:30 pm

it sounds like a completely different question to me.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:31 pm

but you know, invite arman over, put on some soft music, pour a couple of harvey's bristol creams and see where the night takes you.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:38 pm

I thought arman always wore sweaters?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:41 pm

it looses the crispiness if it travels for 9 hrs.

It definitely would, but just put it under the broiler for a minute. It won't be the same as fresh, but it will still be Gus's.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Who would put a sweater in an oven?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Oh. Oh, I see.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:59 pm

just get a box of banquet brand frozen fried chicken. shit's scrumdillicous!
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 4:05 pm

gus's chicken is the best place in the world.
Only because you ain't been to Uncle Lou's.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 4:07 pm

its easy, just get that holly hunter "raising arizona" voice and say: "bill, i want me that fried chicken"
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm semi-serious about this...my concern is that it looses the crispiness if it travels for 9 hrs. It's really all I can think about now.

my brother says it tastes better the next day
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 4:50 pm | Edited by: LisaLisa

I'm pretty sure i'm just going to gamble on this one and have him bring me at LEAST a 6 piece meal with all the trimmings. I deserve a splurge...you have no idea how good I've been eating... it sucks!

well, tonight we're having sloppy joes...but that's good protein! this is what happens when you are knocked up...literally every commercial that comes on makes you have to eat whatever it is RIGHT NOW...so since i saw that fucking Manwich commerical i've been obsessed!
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:04 pm

i hope you get to see back to back commercials for TWIZLERS and NUTELLA.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Lisa, just drive 3 hours to the Gwand Wapids airport. I'll hide it in my marsupial pouch.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:23 pm

lisa - while you're at it, ask bill to bring you some gus's AND some uncle lou's so you can compare & contrast. really, you're eating for two. gus's for you; uncle lou's for the kid.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:33 pm

i'm sure it'll be just as delicious. i always get an extra piece and save it for later. then i have a late night treat for when i'm hungry again. 'specially fantastic when you've been out drinkin'.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:37 pm

ask bill to bring you some gus's AND some uncle lou's so you can compare & contrast

much better plan then getting side dishes, you can get those at the local grocery
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Fuck the chicken, ask Bill to bring you some Gus's chess pie. That will travel a helluva lot better
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 5:44 pm

well, tonight we're having sloppy joes...but that's good protein! this is what happens when you are knocked up...literally every commercial that comes on makes you have to eat whatever it is RIGHT NOW

eat that protein! By all means have Gus's AND Uncle Lou's carted back. Just put it in a cooler...cover loosely. Or, put it in a cooler in a gallon ziploc, and leave it halfway unzipped. Cold fried chicken IS a staple in the South!

When I was expecting Jack I became inexplicably enamored of Subway foot long tuna salad clubs...with nothing on them but tuna, cheese, and mayo, and lettuce. As we have one right around the corner, I ate those every day for months! Nutty.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 6:29 pm

i used to import a big batch of joe tess fish back to mpls everytime i stumblefucked through omaha using a cooler and cold packs. nobody ever died. can't say nobody ever got sick, though, but that was just because some pussies have no taste for carp. haha
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Wait until you hit the Sonic cherry creme slushie and mashed potatoes phase. I would drive to fancy restaurants and just get creme brulee to go also... Oh fuck, and I've NEVER consumed more ROOT BEER in my life...Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve Root Beer is really good, better than IBC, I feel.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 6:45 pm

I've NEVER consumed more ROOT BEER in my life

Yeah, no shit. Since I quit caffeine this is the next best thing to Coke. I've been trying to drink the "healthy" stuff so a lot of Blue Sky even though I agree it's not as good.

I'm not really at the point where I crave stuff over and over. My stomach is still a bit up and down I'll feel like nothing on earth sounds appetizing and then something will pop in my head and that becomes THE ONLY THING ON EARTH I CAN EAT.

Poor Bill has had to go to the store a few times right after coming home from the store. he's the best.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 6:58 pm

Wait until you hit the Sonic

Covered elsewhere, there is no good reason for Sonic.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm

I've NEVER consumed more ROOT BEER in my life

Yeah, no shit. Since I quit caffeine this is the next best thing to Coke.

have you had birch beer? i've had it a few times since moving to pa (it's a regional thing) and i might actually like it MORE than root beer. so damn good.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 7:23 pm

some pussies have no taste for carp

hobos and chinese peasants maybe.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 7:33 pm

some pussies have no taste for carp

hobos and chinese peasants maybe.

i'd usually bring back some catfish, too, but joe tess' carp isn't really comparable to hobo carp. obviously, rule one is you need to know how to clean the fuck out of em! on that same token, i am pretty sure that if i'd ever had to clean one, i'd probably never have eaten one. mmmmmm, but never having cleaned any type of fish, i'm getting a wicked craving!!!
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 9:32 pm

clearly, you're a commie.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 11:12 pm

have you had birch beer? i've had it a few times since moving to pa (it's a regional thing)

man, i used to LOVE birch beer as a kid! there was a place in cow hampshire that made it.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 11:25 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

I guess shoving it up your ass is out of the question?

I wouldn't do this, you're liable to wake up with Scott giving you a Guy Fieri.

What's a "Guy Fieri" you might ask?
It's a new move I just made up -here's a hint: all the tossed salads at Friday's have fried chicken in them.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Just tell him to grab some on his way out of town. It'll keep just fine. JJ Champion has brought me pizza from Chicago on several occasions, and it's always delish!
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 1:45 pm

People who like sonic are chronic bed wetters.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 2:08 pm

People who like sonic are chronic bed wetters.

people who don't like sonic hide boogers in their jacket pockets and eat them for snacks when they get hungry (because they're not at sonic eating delicious tots and coneys).
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 2:16 pm

When people who like sonic say the words "tots and coneys", they mean "wet the bed".
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 2:42 pm

i love sonic...and baby has been a baaaaaaaad boy...goo.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Sonic 44 OZ Strawberry Limeade extra strawberries...

And tots....

yes
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Abita root beer kills anything else called root beer.
Now i want a coney.
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Route 44 Chili-Cheese malt!
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 12:06 pm

i gotta say, the biscuits and chicken and grape koo-laid at uncle lous did more for me this weekend than anything else.
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:06 pm

so did this happen or what?
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:11 pm

Kind of curious about that, myself.

Sidebar: Kevin, I never hooked up with Bill on Sunday, so when you get your new address, send it to me and I'll mail your record up.
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:14 pm

WHOOT! A thousand thank you's sir!
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:29 pm

biscuits and chicken and grape koo-laid at uncle lous

man, i'm jealous. i missed out on the uncle lou's, but i did do gus's and umai, and cozy corner. :) of course, i live here too and i can go any other day just about. so no biggie.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®