Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 12:08 pm | Edited by: Windy

If you were going to Vegas where would you stay?
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 12:14 pm

Not the El Cortez.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 12:15 pm

i was gonna say you should stay at the glass pool inn, but a bit of research just showed me it's now defunkt. lame!

stay somewhere downtown.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 12:31 pm

been quite awhile since i was there, but the luxor always had pretty good deals.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Dew Drop Inn!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 1:20 pm

bazooka joe's baby momma's house!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm

what else is downtown besides the Golden Nugget?

I'm ok with cool old architecture, but I'm worried that it translates into skanky rooms with mystery stains.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm

No great shakes downtown. Your fears are justified.
I'd look for a deal on the Strip -- business is waaaay down. Caeser's is pretty cool for over-the-topness. Trop is good for its outdoor pools, but make sure they're still open. MGM has big rooms.
There's a Motel 6 near the Trop if you want to go cheap.

Really! Good $2 shrimp cocktails at the Golden Gate downtown however.

Red Rock Canyon. Death Valley. Thee Doubledown. Liberace museum. Elvis' cadillac at Imperial Palace. Elvis' outfits at Hilton. Good thrift shopping in north Vegas. Overpriced records at Record City.
Depressing oldsters robotically playing slot machines everywhere you go.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm | Edited by: Jesse Garon

Hoover Dam!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Pinball Museum

serious...

And I liked staying downtown....then hitting the dinner buffet
at the Bellagio (its no joke)
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Your fears are justified.
Fuck.

I have seen some decent looking deals right on the strip and I'm thinking that a cab ride downtown for photos may be in order.

I don't want to go all that way and stay in a nasty room.

The Millionaire will be glad to hear about that shcrimp cocktail deal
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Check out this site. It gives really good reviews on everything you could want in Vegas and they're not ashamed to tell the truth. Here's their intro to the Bellagio review:
When people talk about how mature Vegas has become, the Bellagio is often used as an example. Well, they're right. This joint is nothing if not mature. But so are a lot of people who have to use adult diapers. And apparently maturity comes with two things with we're not particularly fond of: high prices and pretention. Call us crazy, but we like our gambling resorts tacky, noisy and just a little weird. If your idea of the perfect hotel includes a bathroom you can tell your neighbors about, then this place is for you.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:45 pm

No great shakes downtown. Your fears are justified.
I'd look for a deal on the Strip -- business is waaaay down. Caeser's is pretty cool for over-the-topness. Trop is good for its outdoor pools, but make sure they're still open. MGM has big rooms.
There's a Motel 6 near the Trop if you want to go cheap.

Really! Good $2 shrimp cocktails at the Golden Gate downtown however.

Red Rock Canyon. Death Valley. Thee Doubledown. Liberace museum. Elvis' cadillac at Imperial Palace. Elvis' outfits at Hilton. Good thrift shopping in north Vegas. Overpriced records at Record City.
Depressing oldsters robotically playing slot machines everywhere you go.

wow you didn't miss a thing!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Overpriced records at Record City.

i bought a record there for a dollar and sold it for $650, so there is a bargain every now and then.

Red Rock Canyon.

This is a MUST. drive the 13 mile scenic loop. it's worth your time.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Check out this site.

ooooh - great site. Thanks!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®