Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Recently Unearthed Footage Of Vietnamese Girl Band!
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 1:28 pm

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 1:30 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

Dude, that's the:

1,2,3,4,5's
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 8:48 pm

the mothers of Shonen Knife.
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Hey Joe, thanks for posting this up. Truly an amazing document.
Rich Balls comment is the kind of thing that would usually irk me, but this band does share similarities with the 5,6,7,8's and it is the kind of music/image that they sometimes try to parody or pay tribute to. The Shonen Knife comment is a bit more annoying though. It's because music like this is radical in it's own right, it's worth so much more than being compared to a Japanese band from the 80's. I'm all for Pan-Asianism but it's kind of like saying a musician is the Japanese-Jimi Hendrix or the Japanese-Charlie Mingus, which discredits the musician as if they were a copy living in the shadow of the original. It's helpful as a touchstone but harmful to the uniqueness of the individual.
Sorry for my touchiness, I know it's super lame.
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 1:07 am

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 7:59 pm

i have to spend some time on youtube. thanks joe this is amazing!!!
your comments are dead on stealth387. those gals were playing for their lives, you know. i guess my comment is even more super lame for agreeing.
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 8:04 pm

how do you think us whiteys feel when we get called the American Pol Pot?
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 8:10 pm

hey dutch! i thought you were the mother of shonen knife!
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 8:12 pm

like a badge of honor.
Posted: Sep 15, 2008 4:18 am

brings a tear to my I
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®