Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Conan Obrien
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 9:58 am

You will never ever be funny to me. Never.

Even if I may slip up and see you once in a while on tv and accidentaly shit out a laugh at one of your jokes I take pleasure in knowing that it's fleeting because you will always be Conan Obrien.

Even if when the poles shift and you were to somehow become funny instead of being a complete twit I will fake it and still not think you're funny.

I hope to never party with you.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:22 am

too hit -or- miss to ever be a classic, but I did laugh heartily at this.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:23 am

damn.. they took it down.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:00 am

damn.. they took it down.

Probably cause it SUCKED. I've always hated Conan and Letterman and all those other "Look at me I'm on TV at night and I have a desk and a douche-bag band and a bunch of really stupid boring jokes than mostly revolve around me having this show" assholes.

It's the kind of shit that people who THINK they have a sense of humor like. Sorta like people who THINK they're into art so they go and buy some tacky pre-framed pictures from Wal-Mart. Or people who THINK they're into music cause they follow Dave Matthews around.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:06 am

how do you really feel?
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:11 am

damn, now i'm not sure if i'm into art or music
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:15 am

You like the one that has the most faggotry.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:25 am

Anyone remember that rambling crazy old man he basically took off the street and had him do skits for a week or two? His name was Sam Mildener and he was the "NBC War Correspondent" during the beginning of the Iraq War. That was fucking funny! C'mon!

Conan is better than Leno, at least give him that. Carson Daily is mind-blowingly horrible and probably more worthy of your undying hatred.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:28 am

I like Conan. He is funny.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:31 am

ok, here's the dinner bit I was trying to find. Pretty funny.

link
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:34 am

goddammit, it's not that one, either.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:39 am

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:41 am

i like conan. and MAX!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:44 am

if you don't think conan is funny you are deficient as a human being.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:59 am

I like Conan...

THE DESTROYER!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Probably cause it SUCKED. I've always hated Conan and Letterman and all those other "Look at me I'm on TV at night and I have a desk and a douche-bag band and a bunch of really stupid boring jokes than mostly revolve around me having this show" assholes.

yeah man, rage against the TV machine.

I think Conan is funny, but -- maybe he should do comics of Slade.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 12:50 pm

and just because my parents think that Larry the Cable Guy is funny, doesn't mean they're not "into comedy."
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Going to have to agree with the "I like Conan" constituency on this one
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Me too. Now Jay Leno, THERE'S someone who's not funny. He wants you to like him so much its sickening. Can't even stand to look at him, or hear his voice.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 1:36 pm

hate that dude.

I can't pick up the ABC affiliate with my rabbit ears, but from what i've seen, i can't say that i hate Kimmel.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Conan's the only late night host worth (occasionally) watching. It's inconsistently good, and I hope he retains some of that flavor when he takes Leno's place. I'd hate to see it watered down for the sake of whatever morons actually like Leno's anti-humor.

Letterman is all hype-- was he funny back in the day, or has he always been so obnoxious? He's sitting up there blathering some shit and seeming bored with himself.

Carson Daly is pretty close to the worst thing that ever happened to late night TV. Kimmel sucks, and so does that Scottish guy.

Who's the little SNL twat they're getting to take Conan's old spot? Horrible. While we're at it, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck SNL.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 1:53 pm

fucking jimmy fallon.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Conan wrote some awesome Simpsons episodes
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Oh sure, they'll suspend this guy, but they won't touch the priest who abused me.

I bet if I was a celebrity it would be a different story.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 2:23 pm

I have alot to say about Conan O' Brien, but I'll keep most of it to myself. I agree with frankenspline about his inconsistency and that he hosts the only late night show worth watching from time to time. Conan has always seemed to be in limbo between NBC, who would want to see him follow the status quo format(mediocre, boring scripted questions and answers), and his own personal interests. Some nights his show reflects the commercialized approach and others nights he steps away from that format. During the writer's strike, Conan took more risks than he would usually and the show became a magnified version of what it could have been all along. I watched all of the episodes during the strike because I wanted to see what he would attempt next and because I was genuinely entertained. Following the strike and the return of the writers I stopped making an effort to watch.
So, if you want to criticize Conan for whatever reason, you will have to consider his struggle between the network he belongs to and his own interests, my opinion is that he is far more entertaining when he takes risks, I would also hope that you could agree that he is far better than any of the other commercial network late night hosts.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm

No.

No Conan
No Party

Rose>Letterman>all the other slugs
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 2:48 pm

I will not deny that Conan is probably a pretty funny human. I have probably enjoyed many Simpsons episodes that he has written. My problem is more with the "Late Nite" talk show format in general.

yeah man, rage against the TV machine.

Huh? I didn't mean to give the impression that I was making the case for TV being the downfall of civilization or anything...maybe you've just been waiting too long to use that REALLY CLEVER pop music reference.

I think Conan is funny, but -- maybe he should do comics of Slade.

Maybe you should do comics of my BUTT HOLE.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Maybe you should do comics of my BUTT HOLE.
MMmmMMmMMmm, now we're talkin'!!!
N-E-TANG-U-WANT!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 3:38 pm

i like conan. and MAX!
So, if you want to criticize Conan for whatever reason, you will have to consider his struggle between the network he belongs to and his own interests, my opinion is that he is far more entertaining when he takes risks, I would also hope that you could agree that he is far better than any of the other commercial network late night hosts.

I second that. He's a goofball. Off-putting to some, but I love it.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

I've always hated Conan and Letterman and all those other "Look at me I'm on TV at night and I have a desk and a douche-bag band and a bunch of really stupid boring jokes than mostly revolve around me having this show" assholes.

It's the kind of shit that people who THINK they have a sense of humor like.

anybody who can't appreciate the many Conan and Mr T segments or Triumph the Insult Comic Dog or any of the Richard Simmons Letterman segments or any of Chris Elliot's contributions on Letterman doesn't really have any room to disparage anybody else's sense of humor

Rose>Letterman>all the other slugs

hell yeah man, Charlie Rose is a fucking LAUGH RIOT!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:02 pm

I love Chris Elliot. forgot he was on Letterman a bunch....probably hasn't been for awhile, though.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:04 pm

quit backtracking, you comedy feeb
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Charlie Rose is a fucking LAUGH RIOT!!!!!!! fuckin A right, pal. Don't you forget it.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Chris Elliot was funny! Letterman, a long time ago - funny! Conan was funny as a writer for the Simpsons! That is all.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:45 pm | Edited by: paulyjerkface

I like Conan. I think he's genuinely funny, and the show is sometimes pretty entertaining. It's on every night, so obviously it's hit or miss, and of course the show is compromised by the station.

Network TV in general stinks, but It's one of the few things I occasionally watch.

Mark, don't you also think Curb Your Enthusiasm sucks? That's fucked.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is funny as heck. What's his relationship to Gonad O'Reilly?
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Mark, don't you also think Curb Your Enthusiasm sucks? That's fucked.

I believe he does, and that's totally fucked! Fuckin' fuck you Mark!!!!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:01 pm

I only saw one episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I thought it was ok, but it obviously didn't make me wanna see more. I may very well like it if I'd seen a ton of it, but I haven't.

anybody who can't appreciate the many Conan and Mr T segments or Triumph the Insult Comic Dog or any of the Richard Simmons Letterman segments or any of Chris Elliot's contributions on Letterman doesn't really have any room to disparage anybody else's sense of humor

I've never seen those segments, and have never tried to seek out the "funny moments" on those shows. I'm not gonna spend my time rooting through a pile of turds to find a few kernels of corn. I DO know what little bit of Triumph seeped into my brain through my limited pop culture consciousness, was pretty gay.

I guess it's probably like, I hate those dudes so much, that even if they DO show something funny, I probably won't like it. Yeah, it's really sad how I've allowed my prejudices to deny me of such hilarity, but I'd rather spend time watching shit that is funny through and through.

Who was it that said that the lowest form of comedy is trying to make the audience laugh? I like that.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:14 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

when Letterman or Obrien are the target of your venom for not being funny, and you're leaving out shit like two and a half men,how I met your mother, the new christine,friends,cheers,mash,snl,the nanny,family guy,home improvement,growing pains

I think you're a nincompoop

here's a good companion thread (to this one) about some of the best television comedies

http://forum.quikr.com/about5398501.html
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Next thing you know, you fags are going to be talking about how Penn and Teller are all cutting edge and how Bullshit is what "nobody wants you to hear". Penn is the fucking Sub Pop equivalent of Rush Limbaugh. I hate that dude.

AND CAPTAIN HOWDY SUCKED!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:17 pm

And SNL has been pretty funny for the last couple of years. Just because you haven't watched it doesn't mean it wasn't any good.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:45 pm

And SNL has been pretty funny for the last couple of years.
Yeah, I think SNL has lost alot of viewers because it has sucked pretty badly at times, but episodes from the last season had some pretty good skits, especially the digital shorts.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:47 pm

when Letterman or Obrien are the target of your venom for not being funny, and you're leaving out shit like two and a half men,how I met your mother, the new christine,friends,cheers,mash,snl,the nanny,family guy,home improvement,growing pains

I think you're a nincompoop

Well maybe if somebody started a thread about how much they hated Home Improvement, with its suburban dad stuck in a permanent "stand-up comedian doing his caveman bit" and its lame computerized scene transitions, I would chime in. That's how message boards work. Plus, Family Guy is pretty funny, although there is an oppressive "trying WAY too hard" vibe about the whole show. Plus, you left out Will & Grace. That shit suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Plus, I totally am a nincompoop. Plus, more people should use the word, "nincompoop".

Nincompoop!
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Just because you haven't watched it, it wasn't any good.

that's the main argument those deriding obrien or letterman are using
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 6:01 pm

well let's just keep this on straight talk show host topic then

these people fail waaay harder than obrien or letterman

Tyra Banks
bitches on The View
Rosie ODonnell
Sally Jesse Raphael
Arsenio Hall
Alan Thicke
Jay Leno
Greg Gutfeld
Tom Green
Bill Maher
Tom Leykis
Opie and Anthony
Carson Daily
Dennis Miller
Chelsea Lately
Dr. Phil

how come no one's talking about how awesome these shows are
Andaz Apna Apna
Chupke Chupke
?
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Chevy Chase
Howie Mandel
Bob Saget
Greg Kinear(sp?)
Ellen
Craig Kilborn
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 6:17 pm

Don and Mike were funny.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 6:31 pm

I love Chris Elliot. forgot he was on Letterman a bunch....probably hasn't been for awhile, though.

He has been! Elliot makes appearances spoofing Dog the Bounty Hunter. They're always hilarious, but not as funny as the old shit he used to do.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 6:34 pm

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Usually if I'm watching Conan, it's because I'm bored, tired, lazy, and happen to have the TV on.. not searching for the all time greatest comedy experience of my life.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:00 pm

everybody else probably doesn't find Conan to be the all time greatest masturbation material of their life though
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm

^I watched just enough of that to remember
anything norm mcdonald is in is comedy gold.
conan's sidekick was/is funny
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Plus, Family Guy is pretty funny,

Family Guy is fucking terrible. It was alright before it got cancelled, but ever since they brought it back it's just been painful to watch.

I don't watch Conan that often, but his show doesn't seem quite as funny or as risk-taking ever since they announced he would be replacing Leno. It seems like they've been grooming him to become lame, rather than letting him do his thing. He's still the funniest talk show host out there.

Norm MacDonald is the best talk show guest in the world. All of his talk show appearances on Youtube are worth watching.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Norm McDonald was off his meds funny in the Bob Saget Roast.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Norm MacDonald is the best talk show guest in the world. All of his talk show appearances on Youtube are worth watching.

There is one from like sever years ago on Leno- Talks about locking himself out of his apt. That shit is hee-larious.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 7:55 pm

ahem, seven that is
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm

That's how message boards work.

and another thing

I thought this was how message boards worked

nincompoop #1 - YOU'RE GAY
nincompoop #2 - WELL YOU'RE GAY AND STUPID!
nincompoop #1 - YOU'RE GAY AND STUPID AND SUCK STUPID GAY DICKS
nincompoop #2 - WELL YOU SUCK STUPID GAY DICKS THAT BELONG TO NIGGERS!!
bradx - hey hey hey
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Incidentely, that is what I've been doing for the last half hour thanks to the link that was posted above.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 8:36 pm

^I watched just enough of that to remember

courtney thorn smith is on coke in that clip. i can tell.
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 10:58 am

The other day I wasted hours on Youtube (which I never do) watching Norm's talk show appearances, and it was awesome! He's legitimately fucking funny nearly all the time, has the best timing, doesn't suck anyone's dick (or if he holds back, he looks really, really uncomfortable), etc.

The clip where that chick's promoting the movie with Carrot Top is so funny. "You know, you know what would be a good name for a movie starring Carrot Top?"
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 11:08 am

Box Office Poison

I actually remember seeing that when it aired.
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 12:15 pm | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

I love this Norm & Bob Saget appearance on Good Morning America. Norm accidentally gives away the plot twist to Dirty Work within the first 60 seconds of the interview, calls the president of NBC a jackass, and makes fun of Spencer Christian. Ha!
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Box Office Poison

I actually remember seeing that when it aired.

and yet you forgot that it happened enough to start this thread saying nothing on conan was funny
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Would you Mark Beef like to comb my hairs for lice too?

I said nothing of the sort. I said "YOU. CONAN OBRIEN. ARE NEVER FUNNY." End motherfucking quote. And I completely stand by that. NEVER FUNNY EVER. I never said "nothing on conan was funny" fer crissakes I already stated above that he sidekick is funny.

so it seems you are barking up the wrong tree my friend.
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 1:31 pm

I hate it when we fight. (cry-face)
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Would you Mark Beef like to comb my hairs for lice too?

sounds like more of a job for the rape ape

so it seems you are barking up the wrong tree my friend.

what's new?

I hate it when we fight.

it prepares us for the post apocalytic world
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 3:33 pm

I wish he told jokes about inter-racial pedophile anal sex.
And all of these shows too:

Tyra Banks
bitches on The View
Rosie ODonnell
Sally Jesse Raphael
Arsenio Hall
Alan Thicke
Jay Leno
Greg Gutfeld
Tom Green
Bill Maher
Tom Leykis
Opie and Anthony
Carson Daily
Dennis Miller
Chelsea Lately
Dr. Phil
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 4:47 pm

nO Colin Ferguson?
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Colin Ferguson?

i heart him
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Colin Ferguson does a great impersonation of prince charles

plus Mr Blue Sky is his fucking theme song

nuff said
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 1:22 pm

And all of these shows too:

Ohh....Ohhhh.......
....and those over there!!!!!!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®