| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Alice Cooper Appreciation Thread
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:42 pm

I think he deserves one every day.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:03 pm

Love it to death!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:11 pm

used ta cover that song goofing off.
"Rats. Rats. Rats! Thousands! Millions of them! All red blood! All these will I give you if you will obey me."

and gotta give props to this cheeze whiz

Vincent Price!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:18 pm

I saw Alice out jogging along the canal once in the late 80s/early 90s. He was sporting a black tank top and black spandex tights. Soaking up the PHX sunshine the right way!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:23 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Damn, I've got so few rockstars-in-a-normal-environment sightings up here. Down in PHX, it was like Stevie Nicks at the mall one day, then Rob Halford slumming it at the Slayer show the next...

The last one was running around with Ike Willis scoring crack, back in 1994 or so. Fucker had me out on 82nd and deep south at 6:30 am.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:00 pm

Tell me more about Ike Willis. He tried to rip me off in Portland a couple of times.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:21 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Hahaha! He totally ripped a friend of mine off in a weed deal. Sold him a buncha weed he claimed to be Kona, smoked a sample with him, but the shit he got was dirt weed fer sure! I'm glad I don't do drug deals! And that "Kona" deal had nothing to do with me, luckily.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:23 pm

Ike Willis
Hahaha!
He totally ripped a friend of mine off
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:25 pm

Hmmm, I dunno, what else you wanna know?? The man rules on the vocal tip! He was filling my Toyota Corolla with some dulcet tones as we rolled!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm sure tons of folk wanna dis him for being a fuckin' ripoff, but I still love him!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:38 pm

Man, I'm starting to remember that Kona deal now. I told my friend how I rolled with Ike last night, and he said "No shit, I saw him a couple weeks ago and he sold me some shitty weed at killer weed prices"

Thinking back on it, I'd be VERY skeptical of someone selling "Kona" in PDX. who the fuck wants that when there's much better weed here? It sucks getting scammed, but some folks are just asking for it!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:22 pm

for new wave alice this one is sweet -

and he loves america -

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:28 pm

fuckin' A Brian Mr. back on topic!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:33 pm

My favorite Alice Cooper show was when he and Motorhead did a "carload" show. $25 per carload down south of PHX. That was the shit!
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 12:01 am

I got excited when I spotted a Toyota Supra with plates reading AXLROSE in Tucson once outside a Michael's craft store. But it turned out to be some leathery old bag buying sequins or something.

I had a couple guys from Modest Mouse in my taxi once back in the day.

I wish I could find the phoenix car dealership commercials featuring alice cooper, but I don't think they're on youtube anymore...
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 12:21 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I wish I could find the phoenix car dealership commercials featuring alice cooper, but I don't think they're on youtube anymore...

The best PHX car dealership commercials involved the Loan Arranger, EZ credit and Carlotta Sales.

Well, I was partial to the "Right on the price, right on the corner, North Seventh Street and Highland" commercials, as well.

Oh, lest I forget, the Tex Earnheart "I'll eat my hat" commercials.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 12:31 am

I gotta pretty spotty memory, so the only Alice Cooper commercials I recall are for golf clubs.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 2:23 am

Love Alice Cooper. Like the Spiders record, too, but won't be buyin' a real one in my lifetime.

Alice Cooper was the 1st band that my fiancee & I really clicked on, but since I'm the nerd, I only had the 1st 2. She had everything else after that up 'til Flush The Fashion. Played Killer every day for a month once when I got my hands on her stuff.

Used to spend a lot of time in his restaurant in Cleveland before Indians games. He sold it, though. There was some wildly cool pictures in there such as one with Dali, one with Sinatra, one of him goofing around behind Cher who was standing at the podium of some award show, & one of him, Liza Minelli, & Tina Turner around a hanging studio mic. He's holding a Budweiser in that one.

When we saw him in the summer of 2006, the fiancee got one of the roadies to give her a setlist. He did 5 tracks from Killer during that show. Coolest thing might've been 10 yo girl we met who was sitting next to us with her family on the lawn. Her family went on a cruise & she left all of her boyband CDs at home, forcing her to listen to her dad's Alice Cooper CDs. She flipped.

He owns a home on Champions Golf Club in Columbus.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 2:23 am

I lived in Tucson from late 2005 to early 2007 so I don't know any of the classics. But I did catch one with Alice flying a CGI WWII bomber over the desert at the very end.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 2:26 am

his radio show aint bad. only time you'll hear gudby t jane on broadcast radio.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 3:40 am

his radio show always let me down. it sounded, for the most part, like any other classic rock station. would it kill him to dig up some gems like Little Steven? I mean, maybe that's not what the format's all about (dudes who wanna hear Van Halen's Diver Down on repeat, forever, if possible), but hey I can dream
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 3:52 am

while i agree, i was going fucking crazy when i was delivery driving and stopped to gas up at the local filling station and heard gudby t jane cranking out at the pumps and inside. it was one of the only times i actually turned on the radio in my car to hear the end of the song, and then he played psychotic reaction. that can only be a good thing on a station that usually plays the standard classic rock format.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 4:11 am

no, fucking cooler yet was when I was driving cab in Madison and got a top-dollar passenger-free delivery all the way across town and student radio graced me with Sabbath's "Ice Age" and I pretty much destroyed the factory speakers on an '02 Crown Vic banging my head all the way over to the High Point Rd. Kinkos...
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 4:30 am

on the way down to our honeymoon in memphis we were cranking little steven and he played the mummies! that was pretty whoop ass.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:25 pm

No mention in this thread of Glen Buxton, Michael Bruce, Denis Dunaway or Neal Smith? This is not an Alice Cooper thread. It's a Vincent Furnier thread. Alice Cooper was a BAND , before Vinnie decided he could carry the load by himself (and I like some of his "solo" stuff, but it in no way holds a candle to the stuff done by the original band). Anyone who thinks otherwise is a mongoloid with palsy ears.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:27 pm

That said, he was pretty decent when I saw him a few years back, with some backing band that was functional, but not even a pubic hair's the worth of the original band, who could easily compete for the best rock'n'roll band of all time.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:59 pm

shit, I was drunk drunk drunk posting in this thread last night. forgot about that.

I saw Alice a few years back and his band members must have been 1/3 his age! sort of a neo-hairmetal / emo look to them, but they played...yes, functionally is the word....
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 8:54 pm

mm, I dunno, what else you wanna know?? The man rules on the vocal tip! He was filling my Toyota Corolla with some dulcet tones as we rolled!

i just meant that the same thing happened to a friend of mine
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 9:08 pm

this thread sucks and so does alice cooper.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 3:52 am

U suck and Walleye is correct.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 8:13 pm

This is not an Alice Cooper thread.

I can only refer you to my previous, unedited quote.

Alice Cooper was the 1st band

Besides, it's not like you'd go up to the man formally know as Vincent Furnier & say "Hello Mr. Furnier."
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 3:19 am

the best alice interview ever!

http://nardwuar.com/vs/alice_cooper/
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 6:38 am

who could easily compete for the best rock'n'roll band of all time.

cough cough

they are barely top ten DETROIT band although i like two of their lps (versus let's say 14 by the kinks)

motor city

stooges
mc5
seger early
sonic rendevous
SRC
the funk brothers (i know i know)
rationals
alice cooper
frost
amboy dukes
savage grace

detroit was a rockin place
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 9:08 am

I know I'm staggering into Chico Harris territory but one of my earliest concerts was Alice Cooper on the "Killer" tour . Alice was hanged at the climax of the show. Opening bands were Blue Oyster Cult and The Chambers Bros. who were awesome .The brother on the cowbell on "Time Has Come today" was downrifght scary. I missed the earlier "Love It To Death "show which featured Amboy Dukes and Wadsworth Mansion as openers and Alice going to the chair.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 9:59 am

Awesome songwriting, talented musicians, powerful fascistic sing-a-long anthems, vocal support of the military and Vietnam war, and a stage show way more macabre than anything KISS could copy make him one of the greats. Bob Dylan acknowledged Alice C as one of the best songwriters during the 1970's.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 3:49 pm

I read Vince's golf book/autobio.

No matter what you think about his act, he sure leveraged it. I mean, he had his own Hollywood Square! And was Groucho's friend!

of course, it could all be B.S. --- like his music. Dude ripped off every bit of Detroit sound he could. There's one in every crowd.........
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 3:54 pm

alice is the prettiest man I've ever seen
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 5:14 pm

SRC

I was looking at a "I'm So Glad"/"Who's That Girl?" 45 the other day & was reminded that there's a newly minted A-Square compilation available. I must look further into that.

rationals

You can have them. Scott Morgan would not make my Xmas card list.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 5:39 pm

newly minted A-Square compilation available. I must look further into that

suckage is high
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 12:10 am | Edited by: eric o

agreed.

I LOVE ALICE COOPER BAND!

michael bruce's book (and band) are/were BAD ASS!

barely top ten? none of those bands had 4 good lps!
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 1:48 am

mm, I dunno, what else you wanna know?? The man rules on the vocal tip! He was filling my Toyota Corolla with some dulcet tones as we rolled!

i just meant that the same thing happened to a friend of mine

Oh, yeah, I kinda figured that Bruce. My comment was directed towards Sunnyside Turner's post, the one prior to yours. I'm just so damn slow on the keyboard that your post got in before mine...
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 1:50 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Ike Willis is a WAY better vocalist than Alice Cooper, and WAY funner to party with... unless you get suckered in to buying drugs from him!

I'm glad I don't like drugs so much that I'll buy them from strangers, even if I worship records they've appeared on.
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 2:09 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Hmmmmm, I'm trying to remember the last time I bought street drugs. It's been many years. Drugs are dumb, unless they're free! Even the free ones are usually dumb!
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 2:44 am

I wasn't going to say anything.
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 6:41 am

neither did AC; and comparing four good lp's to stooges' second and third? you guys are just adding quantity not quality to yr basement files
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 1:46 am

yes, I loved Alice Cooper to death when I saw him in St. Louis a month ago- decent sized club, so I could see very well from all the way at the back; sure, not the original lineup but what you gonna do?!

and Alice Cooper (band and guy) have/ has a bunch more great LPs than four; as far as I'm concerned, everything up through Alice Cooper Goes To Hell is rock solid- I have no patience or tolerance for that Trash and Hey Stoopid shit, though
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I liked his radio show too.
He's a funny ass alcholic.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®