Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Good luck, NOLA Goners!
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 9:09 am

Godspeed.
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 10:25 am

Yeah!
Good luck!
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:01 am

Yup, yup!
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:21 am

Seriously... All the best!

As bad as we might think we are, we are nothing but an itch on Mother Nature's back. When she needs it scratched, the results are devastating.

I heard an interesting opinion on NPR the other day. The speaker brought up the notion that most of Europe was rebuilt in a couple of years after WW II. Sure, Blixa went on to remind us that new buildings collapse, but 2 years after Katrina many parts in NOLA are still in dire need of help. Would any NOLA Goners shed some light on this?

This is absolutely fucking terrible. W's paying (his boy Cheney's) Haliburton to do nothing in Iraq, yet we still can piece one of our national treasures back together. I don't believe Haliburton is doing anything by the way. If construction on a hospital, school, or even a pay toilet was completed, there would a constant tape loop of the ribbon cutting ceremony on CNN.
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 12:38 pm

good luck indeed friends

the tennessean's print edition has a headline today that some Gustav evacuees will be coming to nashville.

holla if you are headed this way & need help; least i can do is feed you good
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Blixa went on to remind us that new buildings collapse

oh no you di-int!
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Blixa went on to remind us that new buildings collapse

oh no you di-int!

What? He did! Doesn't the Destino thread cut me a little slack anyway?
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 3:51 pm

the tennessean's print edition has a headline today that some Gustav evacuees will be coming to nashville.

There goes the neighborhood!!!

p.s. this is the gayest thread ever.
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 4:08 pm

p.s. this is the gayest thread ever.

agreed!
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 10:56 pm

There goes the neighborhood!!!

I would invest in window bars and security doors now. No joke.
PS. thanks
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:00 pm

Im gonna stay with my family to help with the HARDWARE STORE...my mother and I will bail to Jackson and we got two passes from JEFFERSON PARISH to get back in and open up the store for all of the respoders...Just cant swim out another cane I'm afraid my luck would run out this time...King Louie
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Woah! Yeah last I heard it was a Cat. 4. I hope a miracle happens. I'd like to visit N.O. one day... :-(
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:52 pm

I got a JEFF PARISH CORONER'S OFFICE OFFICIAL BUSINESS pass, for whatever that's worth... probably not much.

the katrina thread from three years ago was much more entertaining. this is just depressing.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 12:22 am

hey raider.come on buy the store when you get back. Ill be pumpin that pane
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 12:36 am

I do have an empty propane tank... I hope that's the only thing I need to worry about when I get back here. shit looks pretty bad.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 12:49 am

FUCK...This is pretty SHATTERED!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 1:00 am

take care you guys!!! New Orleans wont die, im not one to say, ive been there once a few months ago, it was something i'll never forget, theres too many good people in NOLA. Im sorry that our fucked up corrupt government isnt doing anything to help rebuild such a great city.
-Chris VandenBosch.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 2:05 am

this is a final plea to get womb raider and st. sarah to move in with me. Really i just want some good food!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 4:16 am

p.s. this is the gayest thread ever

you're a p.s.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 7:29 am

this is a final plea to get womb raider and st. sarah to move in with me. Really i just want some good food!

nothing's out of the question at this point.

I am feeling a little better about the storm this morning though.

Still getting outta here later today.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 9:50 am

im staying.
fuck off
everybody.
pulling the truck in the oven today and
am boarding up the doors.
have fun sitting in contraflow all day!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 10:06 am

You've got a gun, right?
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 10:07 am

Good luck and take care everybody. I hope it misses by miles.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 10:49 am

hey it's king louie...for sum reason the password i'v been using on this site says it's wrong...so now i'm posting as donkey wind.

any way, thanx to all memphis goners who call and offerd saftey for me and my family!

we have decided to RID THE STORM OUT!

Louie
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 10:51 am

russel call if you want. i got hard ware after the the storm if you need it

SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 11:04 am

I was re-thinking the decision to leave town but then I realized I have ONE SINGLE TALL BOY OF SCHLITZ and maybe an inch of Gordon's Gin. That's it. This is simply unacceptable and it's too late to stock up now, everything is closed. So fuck it, I'm outta here.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 11:06 am

Also a note to all americans: this thing may very well spare new orleans but it could be MUCH MUCH worse than katrina in regards to destruction to oil & gas infrastructure. fill your cars up now. $8 gas in a few days would not surprise me. look up Port Fourchon on wikipedia to see what I'm talking about.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 11:13 am

hey -- anyone still in the process of evacuating -- got a call from one friend who spent 4 hours getting from the city to hammond... if you can get over to alabama, my mama is coming up US-45 and she says it's smooth sailing...
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 11:42 am

getting outta town going east is supposed to be even worse than I-55 north.... oh well, at least I got satellite radio.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 12:10 pm

Good luck Uncle Mike and Aunt Caroline
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 1:13 pm

Muscle yer crazy. Shit looks bad on CNN. I'd be hoppin a train to memphis if i was you...
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 1:24 pm

Storm is now 400 miles wide!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 1:30 pm | Edited by: Wire

Im sorry that our fucked up corrupt government isnt doing anything to help rebuild such a great city.

Then get rid of Nagin and hire someone responsible.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 1:32 pm

at least it\'s down to a category 3 again. maybe it\'ll lose some power before it goes masso destructo on land.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 2:44 pm

gay.
im locked in.
adios internet!
catch ya on the flipside gonerboard.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 2:50 pm

Marshal Law?

Go to the Bar!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 2:58 pm

everyone arrested will be bussed to ANGOLA till its all over ...REALLY!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 4:23 pm

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 8:16 pm

HANG ON LOUIE, LOUIE HANG ON!

(matt, too!)
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 8:42 pm

fill your cars up now. $8 gas in a few days would not surprise me.
No kidding. I was on a quarter of a tank, but went ahead and filled up. If I waited a day or two and then filled up for $$$$$/gallon, I would have been so pissed at myself.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 9:54 pm

FIRST FEEDER BANDS ARE COMING THROUGH!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Keep them pickles cold Louie! It'l be over soon!
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 11:01 pm

This is fucking nuts -- on the anniversary?

What up with everyone else?
Jason & Blithe, Die Rotzz, Q & P, Pasta & Lynn? Matty?

Sheesh -- dunno if I would stay or leave.

Best of luck to everyone.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm gonna have to dig out Louie's swamp story. It's somewhere around here.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 1:39 am

Matty
europe
Pasta & Lynn
Chicago
i]Jason & Blithe, Die Rotzz,[/i]
Memphis(>?)
Q & P
?
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 1:51 am

fema fest 2 "escape from shattercity" staring master muscle
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm(Andy Rotzz) at a Fairfield Inn in Olive Branch with Jeanne's parents . See you in Memphis.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 1:50 pm

I got back to Austin......not the best time for the first visit home in 3 years, lol....
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 3:05 pm | Edited by: jahna

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 5:57 pm

Posted: Aug 31, 2008, 4:23 pm Quote

the katrina thread from three years ago was much more entertaining. this is just depressing.

Ahh, yes...good times.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 6:21 pm

Ahh, yes...good times.

Just re-read that.......so much for that Rocks Off prediction....
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 9:18 pm

whew. i have spent the last 9 hours volunteering in a shelter. whew. that is probably the most mentally and physically exhausting work i've done in ages. did the same thing yesterday. and will be doing it through wednesday at least. i'm just glad it didn't wreck shop as bad as katrina and that these people are going to have homes to go back to for the most part. some of the folks are from houma and belle chasse though, and i have heard that area got hit a lot worse than nola proper.
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 8:56 am

IT'S OVER PLEASE COME HOME AND GIVE ME DRUGS!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 10:33 am

IT'S OVER PLEASE COME HOME

We'll see you next weekend!
Signed,
Memphis

ps. Hanna actually doesn't look that bad... yet.
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 4:39 pm

PAAAAAARTTTTTTTY!
Fuck you fags!
contracontraflow dont work!
IMMM DDDRRRRRUUUUUUNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
kkk
white powder!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®