Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Really, John McCain?!?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 10:42 pm

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 10:47 pm | Edited by: paristheatre

Ya know it caught me off guard for a minute. I was like...hmmn what's this UNDENIABLE CUNT about? She seems kinda cool in a "I'm about to step on your balls with cleats and a smile kinda way" but then The old man came on stage afterwards and it all came back. What a mess.
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 10:52 pm

Oh, she was a bitch. In all the good ways.
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 11:02 pm

I'm kind of sorry I missed the speech because Venus and Serena went late.
I would have liked to have seen it, but I'm afraid my head would be exploding now if I had watched it. She makes me crazy.
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 11:04 pm

the rugged, Alaskan Tina Fey,

that's exactly what i thought of her when she took the stage!

In fact, at risk of sounding sexist, conspiriatoral or cynical, I'd say Rove and a comedian wrote it. It was that good.
Hate Rove, but, the dude is a political, dirty trick genius.

i agree

i really hated the media bashing tho
they can't live without the media
they use the media to spread their own crap.
thank god for joe klein
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 11:12 pm

alisa - watch CSPAN during the day - they will repeat everything from tonight - tomorrow afternoon.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:47 am

Horrible, horrible speech. Palin spewed the same 'ole divisive, empty, condescending, hate-filled rhetoric that the Republicans have been preaching for the last 70 years. All of tonight's speeches just galvanized the Democratic base and also the McCain = Bush notion. Palin made it obvious; voting for McCain is like another Bush/Cheney term (but WORSE!!). The speech was embarrassing.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:52 am

as governor Palin cut budget affecting teenage and unwed mothers...

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/03/palins-budget-cuts-affec t-teenage-mothers/
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:15 am

it wasnt about unity, the whole purpose was to shore up the republican base that was unenthusiastic about mccain. she's young and inexperienced, but unlike the democrats, they have it in the right order. the older, more experienced person is running for president. obama has less experience than palin. hope is not a plan. change is not always a good thing. democrats underestimate her appeal at their own peril.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:33 am

Facing down her critics with smiling resolve, Palin took crowd-delighting swipes at Obama and what she called the Washington elite. "Here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion. I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country," she said.

A new celebrity herself, Palin cast Obama as a little more than a fancy speaker with a compelling biography.

"The American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of 'personal discovery.' This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer," Palin said, a clear reference to Obama's time as a community organizer in Chicago.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:42 am

but unlike the democrats, they have it in the right order. the older, more experienced person is running for president.

Yeah, that really worked with your beloved Bush and Cheney? Fuck that. That's precisely what Obama is getting away from. Hence..."change".
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:48 am

another carter. one term president if there ever was one. get ready for $8 gas...
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 2:01 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

the same 'ole divisive, empty, condescending, hate-filled rhetoric

Disagree. This was about Big Metropolis vs "li'l ol' me".
It will play in Peoria.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 2:06 am

I didn't. A fair shot, actually. It's taking the corner at start in tic-tac-toe. This tactic has been around for forever. "The media hates us (so you should love us), we're the underdog."
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:46 am

McCain is another Bush. A .25 term president before he croaks. Then comes Palin the inept, inexperienced bible thumpin' hockey mom. Get ready for WWIII, a military draft, police-state, great depression 2.0, constitution ass wiping and $18 gas...

Good luck with your hoochy. I'm sticking to my "nigger" (as classy Brad puts it).
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 4:04 am

mccain aint gonna die. they made a joke of him running again in 2000 on snl, and here he is. his mother is alive and healthy, in the unlikely event he is defeated, he will just run again in 4 or 8 years from now.

when people are polled they are pro obama, but we'll see what happens when theyre in the voting booth. its gonna be a close one, as far as "nigger" is concerned, after 8 years of "dubyah" if B.O. loses you know the reason why. a white guy woulda won in a landslide, as days go by this reminds me more and more of the way gore pissed away a sure thing in 2000...
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:43 am

I didn't. A fair shot, actually. It's taking the corner at start in tic-tac-toe. This tactic has been around for forever. "The media hates us (so you should love us), we're the underdog."

and twenty minutes after her speech, the media was fawning over her... real believable.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 10:17 am

"mccain aint gonna die." "his mother is alive and healthy"

Wow Bradx, those statements are ridiculous and your grammar is terrible. There have been several cases of peoples parents out living them, I believe one of them was that guy Jesus.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 11:24 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 11:30 am

obama has less experience than palin

yes if you define "experience" as "palinosity" and palin has more "palinosity" than everyone in the world.

how the fuck do you go from a mayor of a shitbreath backwoods town to a possible heartbeat away to leader of the freeworld in 20 months?

Foreign policy , the republican camp actually said that Alaska "borders to foreign nations, Canada and Russia"(??!?!?!?!?)

ok, so hawaii borders japan, the phillipines, China, Australia, etc...WTF?

a "70 question" questionaire..that was the ONLY vetting process...im sure you had to fill out more paperwork to deliver fucking pizzas.

"The PTA prepared her for the presidency" gimmie a break..ok, so she is fit to organize a bake sale...

She is a pentecostal...she might break out into tongues in one of these speeches(that would be cool though)...scary, she believes in talking snakes...good leader material

Sorry im going on intelligence in this election...so Obama it is.

We havent voted the "intelligence" factor in this country in a LONG time.

Its time we go for the smarter of the 2 camps.

Obama
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 11:30 am | Edited by: Rich Balls

Attacks, praise stretch truth at GOP convention By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer
Wed Sep 3, 11:48 PM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her Republican supporters held back little Wednesday as they issued dismissive attacks on Barack Obama and flattering praise on her credentials to be vice president. In some cases, the reproach and the praise stretched the truth.

Some examples:

PALIN: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending ... and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks but no thanks' for that Bridge to Nowhere."

THE FACTS: As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a "bridge to nowhere."

PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform ��" not even in the state senate."

THE FACTS: Compared to McCain and his two decades in the Senate, Obama does have a more meager record. But he has worked with Republicans to pass legislation that expanded efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to help destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. The legislation became law last year. To demean that accomplishment would be to also demean the work of Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a respected foreign policy voice in the Senate. In Illinois, he was the leader on two big, contentious measures in Illinois: studying racial profiling by police and requiring recordings of interrogations in potential death penalty cases. He also successfully co-sponsored major ethics reform legislation.

PALIN: "The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes, raise payroll taxes, raise investment income taxes, raise the death tax, raise business taxes, and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars."

THE FACTS: The Tax Policy Center, a think tank run jointly by the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, concluded that Obama's plan would increase after-tax income for middle-income taxpayers by about 5 percent by 2012, or nearly $2,200 annually. McCain's plan, which cuts taxes across all income levels, would raise after tax-income for middle-income taxpayers by 3 percent, the center concluded.

Obama would provide $80 billion in tax breaks, mainly for poor workers and the elderly, including tripling the Earned Income Tax Credit for minimum-wage workers and higher credits for larger families.

He also would raise income taxes, capital gains and dividend taxes on the wealthiest. He would raise payroll taxes on taxpayers with incomes above $250,000, and he would raise corporate taxes. Small businesses that make more than $250,000 a year would see taxes rise.

MCCAIN: "She's been governor of our largest state, in charge of 20 percent of America's energy supply ... She's responsible for 20 percent of the nation's energy supply. I'm entertained by the comparison and I hope we can keep making that comparison that running a political campaign is somehow comparable to being the executive of the largest state in America," he said in an interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson.

THE FACTS: McCain's phrasing exaggerates both claims. Palin is governor of a state that ranks second nationally in crude oil production, but she's no more "responsible" for that resource than President Bush was when he was governor of Texas, another oil-producing state. In fact, her primary power is the ability to tax oil, which she did in concert with the Alaska Legislature. And where Alaska is the largest state in America, McCain could as easily have called it the 47th largest state ��" by population.

MCCAIN: "She's the commander of the Alaska National Guard. ... She has been in charge, and she has had national security as one of her primary responsibilities," he said on ABC.

THE FACTS: While governors are in charge of their state guard units, that authority ends whenever those units are called to actual military service. When guard units are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, for example, they assume those duties under "federal status," which means they report to the Defense Department, not their governors. Alaska's national guard units have a total of about 4,200 personnel, among the smallest of state guard organizations.

FORMER ARKANSAS GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE: Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States."

THE FACTS: A whopper. Palin got 616 votes in the 1996 mayor's election, and got 909 in her 1999 re-election race, for a total of 1,525. Biden dropped out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, but he still got 76,165 votes in 23 states and the District of Columbia where he was on the ballot during the 2008 presidential primaries.

FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOV. MITT ROMNEY: "We need change, all right ��" change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington! We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington ��" throw out the big-government liberals, and elect John McCain and Sarah Palin."

THE FACTS: A Back-to-the-Future moment. George W. Bush, a conservative Republican, has been president for nearly eight years. And until last year, Republicans controlled Congress. Only since January 2007 have Democrats have been in charge of the House and Senate.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:08 pm

Obama in a landslide.

People who have never voted before
are going to come out. I remember the last two times
this "government fatigue" has happened....1976 and 1992.
I remember both pretty well.
Neither one of those had a snowballs chance either.

One turned out pretty good and the other bombed for the
most part. How Obama's term will go remains to be seen
altho it does help to have the house on your side( I dont
count the senate with that neo-republican Lieberman sitting
like a soreloser overlord waiting to punish those bad democrats
for rejecting him)

At least politics are fun and totally weird... for once
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:13 pm

And for the devil's advocates on the board..and in the sense of
fairness...and just cuz I'm morbidly curious...

List the positive accomplishments of the Bush II presidency.

Should be a fun read
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:22 pm

List the positive accomplishments of the Bush II presidency.

Help for AIDS victims in Africa.
Hurricane Preparedness was much better this year.
Started a war in Afghanistan, looking for Osama.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:23 pm

pentecostal

Really? Fuck! Can we get her up on the podium with a motherfucking snake, talking in tongues and doing that crazy dance?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:23 pm

Kept Cat Stevens out of the country.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:24 pm

Can we get her up on the podium with a motherfucking snake, talking in tongues and doing that crazy dance?

Hey, don't go bashing the snake handlers...
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:27 pm

you're a snake handler, if you catch my drift.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:29 pm

A case in the Tennessee state supreme court in 1975, Swann v. Pack , (527 S.W.2d 99), concerned a Holiness Church in which snake handling occurred. The court examined the matter from the common law point of view, that is, they weren't enforcing any particular statute but were actually deciding if the court had justification to shut down Rev. Pack's church. In sending the case back to the lower court, the supreme court instructed the lower court judge to: "enter an injunction perpetually enjoining and restraining all parties respondent from handling, displaying or exhibiting dangerous and poisonous snakes or from consuming strychnine or any other poisonous substances, within the confines of the State of Tennessee."

Indeed...
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 12:38 pm

Wasilla is a tiny little shithole (I've been there many times) that she did nothing to improve but load it with an operating deficit of $26 million. she's an entrenched power-broker in the tiny circle of ak oil who has no precedent for the scale of the role for which she has been chosen. night and day to the scale of the projects with which obama has dealt.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:11 pm

I only know how to express my political frustrations through ironic tshirt slogans so here is the shirt Bill is making for me...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/roebots/MAVERICK.jpg
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:16 pm

Did you guys catch the part about how she will be a champion for all the disabled people in america?

She really is going for the retard vote.

Thanks GW for breaking the glass ceiling for retards in the White House
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:28 pm

I don't think McCain is healthy enough that we can afford to take a chance on putting a PTA lady in the WhiteHouse.
The dude could drop dead tomorrow.

I'm not going to comment on her bad parenting skills except to say maybe if Bristol hadn't gotten drunk she wouldn't be preggers now.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 1:36 pm

I'd say Rove and a comedian wrote it.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2008/09/putting_words_in _palins_mouth.html -
There was a flutter of attention when McCain campaign manager Rick Davis told a group of Post reporters and editors yesterday that his team was having to rework the vice presidential acceptance speech because the original draft, prepared before Gov. Sarah Palin was chosen, was too “masculine.” While we all wondered to ourselves what might make a speech masculine or feminine, no one batted an eye at the underlying revelation: that the campaign was writing the nominee’s speech before knowing who the nominee would be.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 2:15 pm | Edited by: Pistol Pez

convention speeches are never about offering details. they're about whipping up support for the candidate(s).

i'm certainly not a republican. but i'm no democrat, either. i just don't see much of a difference. i'm proud to have never voted for either party for president in 20 years.

all that said, i thought palin absolutely killed last night. part of that is almost certainly due to low expectations.

and anyone who thinks obama will win in a landslide is delusional. he might win, but it will be very, very close.

most of this country just ain't ready for a black man - any black man - to be president.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:10 pm

"The allegations contained on the cover of the National Enquirer insinuating that Governor Palin had an extramarital affair are categorically false," Schmidt said. "It is a vicious lie. Governor Palin is the most popular governor in the country. She is a proven leader, an accomplished executive, a champion for ethics reform, and a fighter against corruption. The efforts of the media and tabloids to destroy this fine and accomplished public servant are a disgrace. The American people will reject it."

Straight from The Dark Knight cutting room floor.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:11 pm

An' anotha thing:

Does anyone else think of THIS when they think of Sarah Palin?

(I guess so because check the title on You Tube)
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:20 pm

Oh, she was a bitch. In all the good ways.

Except that absolutely godawful accent. Whatever accent that is (Midwestern US combined with Canadian?) is definitely the most annoying accent I have ever had to hear. And her bitchiness was snarkiness written by two political speech writers. She didn't come up with that guns/religion line nor the mayor vs. community organizer one on her own.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:22 pm

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:35 pm

Midwestern US combined with Canadian?

dakotan
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:44 pm

She really is going for the retard vote.

yeah! i texted that to my BF last night and he texted back that they already got that vote.

and they do. anyone who votes for mccain on the strength of palin IS a retard.

i CANNOT WAIT for Tina Fey's satirical skit on this lady
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:48 pm

And her bitchiness was snarkiness written by two political speech writers. She didn't come up with that guns/religion line nor the mayor vs. community organizer one on her own.

are you under the impression obama writes his own speeches?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 3:48 pm

or any of them, for that matter?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 4:20 pm

i think it is common knowledge that pols have speech writers --- the speechwriters themselves have a high profile reputation. there's peggy noonan who is in the news all over again, for instance.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 4:23 pm

Obama did write his speech, but had people come in to whittle it down.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 4:33 pm

right, and JFK wrote his own book too...
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 5:09 pm | Edited by: saispas

He wrote the last one (he's a Harvard lawyer, not a big stretch to believe he can write a speech) and yes I am aware of the omnipresence of political speechwriters, that is why I mentioned them in regards to Miz Palin.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 5:19 pm

Kept Cat Stevens out of the country

That's one....

America...land of fat delusional retards and a Wal-Mart for every pot.

All hail China..The next world superpower for the next 800 years.

YEEHAW Wheres muh guhn?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 5:50 pm

My speech is written on toilet paper, cum on by Stall No. 3, Minneapolis Airport Men's Room and check it out next to my foot.

Bring pizza Bradley you hunka hunka burning chunk
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 6:20 pm

he's a Harvard lawyer,

that's why he needed someone to whittle it down!

i think there's a clause in the diploma from harvard (any school) that says they matriculate you on the condition you mention harvard 2-3 times in every conversation. fer reals, i had a boss who went to biz school at harvard and she mentioned it with such regularity that it seemed her life depended on it.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 7:02 pm

he's a Harvard lawyer,
He was fucking head of the Harvard Law Review!
I'm voting for intelligence this time too. It's so refreshing.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE2DC1631F935A35751C 0A966958260
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 8:20 pm

I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.
William F. Buckley, Jr.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 8:34 pm

UGH! <plop> (dies)
William F. Buckley Jr.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:22 pm

blah errrr creepy creepy (awkward smile)

USA

USA

USA

USA

anyone else watching the speech?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:22 pm

I think its time for another Colbert green screen challenge!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:23 pm

sweet! 2 protesters already!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:28 pm

where is wahrshington?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:29 pm

3!

Man that "fuckin' redneck" kid better buckle up, cuz he is going for a ride!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 9:39 pm

wow, those are some sexy white voters...did you catch that flag wavin' fool with the massive dip in his lip?!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 10:12 pm

THEY CLOSED WITH "BARRACUDA"?!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 10:40 pm

Speech summary:

POW!
Drill Baby Drill
POW!
USA USA USA
GOD
POW!
Change. <--HAHA! That kills me. Change?!?
POW!
USA USA USA POW! POW! USAPOW!
POW Baby Drill!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 6:15 am

obama is a n...
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 7:18 am

most of this country just ain't ready for a black man - any black man - to be president.

Where did you find that information? Stats to back it up? I don't feel this is a relevant point at all. So 5-10% of white America would never vote for a black dude (shut up, Brad), they're primarily Repubs, anyway, and every black person in America (OK, 95%+) will vote for Obama, canceling this out.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:43 am

Where did you find that information? Stats to back it up?

given the extreme clusterfuck of the last 8 years, why is obama consistently only polling around 50%? for months now? wouldn't you think he'd be up by much more?

why did obama lose the ohio primary by 230,000+ votes? pennsylvania by 210,000+? if obama loses one of those states in the general election, it will be very difficult to recover. lose both, he's done.

i'm not saying race is everything, but if you don't think large parts of this country aren't filled with people who wouldn't vote for a black guy under any circumstances then we must have two very different life experiences.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:14 am

and every black person in America (OK, 95%+)
I bet less than 20% of the black population votes.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:17 am

did i see someone waving a sign at the convention last night reading something to the effect of "Palin tough on terrorism. Just ask Obama"??

Pure class USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:27 am | Edited by: Will

also, i know Obama's done his fair share of equivocating here and there, esp since he's clinched the nomination and started the inevitable drift to center, but McCain has completely "flip-flopped" on, oh I don't know, JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. Dude has totally and completely wrapped his lips around the Religious Right's sanctimonious prick. Isn't this the guy that was inches away from defecting to the Dems as little as four years ago?

Fuck him. And his yosemite sam whore of a running mate.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:30 am

I bet less than 20% of the black population votes.

http://people-press.org/report/292/who-votes-who-doesnt-and-why

4th Box Down

Looks like 50 per cent regular and intermittent, which for Presidential race and black man is sure to swell number nearer 50 than 20. I don't care who wins. In Paris we dream of Mrs Obama, I mean, Josephine Baker, as the garbage floats by on the River Seine. Fucking German tourists.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:20 am

In Paris we dream of Mrs Obama, I mean, Josephine Baker, as the garbage floats by on the River Seine. If you do indeed live in Paris I am tres jealous but I also don't believe you- as in that you dont' care who wins...or at least if you don't care the French public at large cares very much. On holiday there last fall I met many local Parisians who were uber-interested in the political theater then only beginning to unfold here in the US. I was even told by residents of the S. of France that "all eyes are on America and this election." This talk was constant and it wasn't me who would bring up the topic of politics.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:35 am

And his yosemite sam whore of a running mate.

I swear, she makes my blood boil more than George W. Bush. And that's saying a lot.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:57 am

The irony of McCain is that had he chosen a competent moderate Republican woman to be his VP, like Sen. Olympia Snowe, he might have had a floor fight at the convention, but he probably would have easily won the election...

I still think that Obama should have chosen Richardson....
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:59 am

Palin = religious nutjob.

Here's some nice videos of Palin speaking in front of an Alaskan Assemblies of God congregation. Check out at the end, after her speech, how the pastor proclaims that Alaska is going to be a refuge when the end times hit. (But I thought all the faithful would get "raptured"?)

Part one:

Part two:

I've got no problem with somebody "outside the beltway" being president or VP. I don't think an ivy league degree or being a member of Skull and Bones should be a requirement. Palin, however, doesn't believe in evolution. It's one thing for the Republicans to pay lip service to the religious right in order to win elections, in order to make themselves and their friends wealthier. It's quite another to actually put one of the wackjobs they patronize for votes in the freakin' white house.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:09 am

Has anyone in the Republican party ever fucking heard of SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE???
The Religious Right have no business existing as a platform for a political party.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:25 am

I think that this is going to kill it for McCain. Obama, as much as republican extremists try to brand him as "socialist," (ha ha) poses no threat to the status quo economically. There might be some token social spending from Obama, but there won't be any large scale corporate or financial reforms. He's a Chicago Boy, after all. He's not going to rock the boat of our evil overlords.

The Democrats and Republicans are two parties representing the rich and powerful, one that pays lip service to God and family values, the other to gay marriage and abortion rights. The extremely wealthy elite who run this country don't go to assembly of god churches and don't really believe this jaayyyssssusss b.s. They are going to be uncomfortable if the religious right gets any real power in this country, and that's going to make it harder for McCain.

You gotta look at the views of the wealthy elite: they want lower taxes on their extreme wealth, of course, and they don't care about health care or social security or schools or any of that. But they are uncomfortable with overt displays of racism and religious fundamentalism, and don't care what gays do as long as they are rich. They are a pretty tolerant bunch as long as you are a multi-millionaire. But they have a real contempt for the religious right, who they have only tolerated thus far because it served their purposes of maintaining money and power. I don't think they want somebody who actually believes that shit in the White House.

Of course, the American electorate is so ignorant, bigoted, and has been whipped into a frenzy about peripheral "family values" issues for so long, our evil corporate overlords may have created a monster they can no longer control. If enough dumbasses turn out for McCain, and he later kicks it, the religious wackjob he picked to appeal to the jeebus freaks could end up in a position of actual power. I don't think the people who actually run this country would really be comfortable with that. It would make for an interesting (and horrifying) spectacle should it occur.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:39 am

It's a dead heat. I love and hate both sides. Schooley, have you been listening to Alex Jones again? You forget the wealthy elite are just as likey to be religious nut jobs as wine sipping sweater wearers. We are a country completely divided over nothing.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:44 am

The extremely wealthy elite who run this country don't go to assembly of god churches and don't really believe this jaayyyssssusss b.s. They are going to be uncomfortable if the religious right gets any real power in this country, and that's going to make it harder for McCain.

I certainly hope you're right. It sounds right to me but:

Of course, the American electorate is so ignorant, bigoted, and has been whipped into a frenzy about peripheral "family values" issues for so long, our evil corporate overlords may have created a monster they can no longer control.

I've watched my mother go from an independent thinker who taught me from a very young age that the main thing that made America so great was that you had freedom of thought and speech. That you could be a communist, an atheist, a snake-handler, a tree hugger or a war monger and you were still an American.
I've watched her go from that to "I will never ever vote for a candidate who is pro-abortion or pro-homosexual. It's against God's law." I don't know whether to blame her Catholicism, or the religious right.
All I know is that it's sad and dangerous for the country to hear her say those things.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 12:14 pm | Edited by: Schooley

Schooley, have you been listening to Alex Jones again? You forget the wealthy elite are just as likey to be religious nut jobs as wine sipping sweater wearers.

First of all, Alex Jones is just trying to sell dvds, and anybody who believes him is deluded. I am not a conspiracy nut and never have been. Me saying "evil corporate overlords" in tongue in cheek, I'm not worried about the Tri-lateral commission or whatever. It's not some wacky conspiracy theory to say that the wealthy and powerful run this country, it's just the way things are. They are "wine sipping sweater wearers" about as much as they are alien reptiles. Give me a break.

Secondly, how many of the wealthiest 1% of Americans do you think go to their local Assemblies of God church ev'ry Sunday? Didddly/squat, that's how many. They don't care about religion or apple pie or the flag, they care about power, profits, and holding onto the money they've accumulated. They have a pretty big tent, and anybody is welcome as long as they share those "values."
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 12:30 pm

You know I was joking about the Alex Jones bit. I still think you are mistaken about the wealthy elite and religion. Not all the wealth in this country is on the coasts. There are a lot of very religious and very wealthly folk out there. Plus you have to remember, the heads of corportations want the average american to make more more money. Then they can spend it and make them richer.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:01 pm

Didddly/squat, that's how many.

Quiet. You'll wake up Joe. And Rich Jews don't go to church. DUH!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:04 pm

Plus you have to remember, the heads of corportations want the average american to make more more money.

This will comfort the millions of laid off employees who are that way because of shareholder--a piece of the industrial puzzle peripheral to almost everything human or pragmatic--profit. Gertie says there is no there there.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:05 pm

Plus you have to remember, the heads of corportations want the average american to make more more money.

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:10 pm

Third segment title: "Citizen Kang"

Late at night, Homer is relaxing on a boat.

Homer: Ah... The old fishin' hole. So peaceful and relaxing, doesn't
even matter if I catch a single fish. [yawns]
[pauses, then abruptly springs forward]
Come on, you stupid fish! Take the bait! Don't make me come down
there!
-- The pleasures of fishing

His attention is quickly grabbed by nothing else than a flying saucer
over him. The saucer drops a crane and brings him on board -- after
dropping him in the lake once.

His abductors are none else than... Kang and Kodos!

Oh, my God. Space aliens. Don't eat me! I have a wife and kids! Eat
them!
-- Homer faces alien abduction

Kang: Silence! We are travellers from a certain nearby ringed planet
whose name we'd prefer not to mention.
My name is Kang, and this is my sister Kodos.
Kodos: [masculine voice] Hello.
-- Charmed

Homer: [gulps] I suppose you want to probe me. Well, might as well get
it over with. [unzips his pants]
Kang: [disgusted] Stop! We have reached the limits of what rectal
probing can teach us.
-- And what a passionating subject

Kodos explains that they're on a mission of conquest, and need to
locate Earth's leader.

Homer: I guess you mean President Clinton. He usually hangs around
Washington, D.C.
Kang: President Clin-Ton? Excellent.
Homer: Except, um... there's this election next week, so after that, it
might not be him anymore. It might be what's-his-name, uh...
Mumbly Joe, uh... I saw him on TV the other... uh... Bob Dole!
-- The well-informed American voter

This election complicates matters a bit, so Kang and Kodos decide to
abduct both candidates.

Their first target is Bob Dole, who's walking out of the Republican
National Committee.

Ugh, Bob Dole doesn't need this.
-- Bob Dole being abducted by aliens

Next is Bill Clinton, who they pull through the roof of the White
House, still in bed.

Wha-wha-wha what's happening? Is it noon already?
-- Bill Clinton being abducted by aliens

Dole and Clinton are stripped bare naked (urgh!) and pushed into some
kind of tube.

What the hell is this, some kind of tube?
-- Bob Dole, in some kind of tube

Dole's tube quickly fills up with some sort of fluid which stops his
movements, yet keeps him alive. Clinton thanks Kang and Kodos for
taking care of Dole for him, but he soon goes through the same
process.

The aliens link themselves to the tubes, and initiate a
bio-duplication. In other words, Kang and Kodos take the shape of Dole
and Clinton, respectively.

Oh, no! Aliens, bio-duplication, nude conspiracies... Oh my God! Lyndon
LaRouche was right!
-- Homer

Kodos: What? Are you still here? I'm afraid we'll have to dispose of
you... [pushes a button]
[out of somewhere comes a cannon, which reveals a smaller
cannon, which reveals an even smaller one, from which emerges a
tube, spraying Homer]
Homer: What are you spraying me with?
Kang: Rum. So no one will believe your story.
[Kodos kicks Homer off the saucer]
Kodos: And don't come back.
-- That should take care of him,

The next morning, Marge and the kids watch a portable TV in the
kitchen.

Kent: Kent Brockman here, with Campaign '96: America Flips A Coin. At
an appearance this morning, Bill Clinton made some rather cryptic
remarks, which aides attributed to an overly tight necktie.
Kodos: I am Clin-Ton. As overlord, all will kneel trembling before me
and obey my brutal commands. [crosses arms] End communication.
Marge: Hmm, that's Slick Willie for you, always with the smooth talk.

Homer runs in.

Marge! Marge! There I was, I had just caught the largest fish you'd ever
seen, when I was abducted by a flying saucer!
-- Homer, catching up the fisherman profile

"Sure you were, rummy" replies Bart. Homer gasps when he sees Dole on
the screen.

Kent: Senator Dole, why should people vote for you instead of President
Clinton?
Kang: It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way,
your planet is doomed. DOOMED!
Kent: Well, a refreshingly frank response there from senator Bob Dole.

These candidates make me wanna vomit in terror!
-- Homer speaks out loud what we think,

Bob Dole gives an electoral speech:

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, 73-year-old candidate, Bob Dole.
Kang: Abortions for all.
[crowd boos]
Very well, no abortions for anyone.
[crowd boos]
Hmm... Abortions for some, miniature American flags for
others.
[crowd cheers and waves miniature flags]
-- American politics in its simplicity, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

Later, Kang and Kodos are walking down the streets, holding hands.

Kang: Fooling these Earth voters is easier than expected.
Kodos: Yes. All they want to hear are bland pleasantries embellished by
an occasional saxophone solo or infant kiss.
-- "Treehouse of Horror VII"

A Democratic National Committee van pulls up, and George
Stephanopoulos pokes his head out.

George: Uh, Mr. President, Sir. People are becoming a bit... confused by
the way your and your opponent are, well, constantly holding
hands.
Kang: We are merely exchanging long protein strings. If you can think
of a simpler way, I'd like to hear it.

One night, Springfield holds a Dole-Clinton debate. Clinton is giving
the opening speech:

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but
tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward,
and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.
-- Kodos gives a speech, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

The crowd is cheering heartily, and Dole is about to take the stand,
when Homer comes bursting in.

Homer: Stop! Those candidates are phonies!
[crowd murmurs]
You heard me! They're alien replicons from beyond the moon!
[crowd laughs at him]
-- You just said the "A" word, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

Homer tries to prevent secret agents from throwing him out by using a
flag as defence, but to no avail. "Don't forget your stinking flag"
says one, before throwing it at him.

Dejected, Homer takes a walk by the shore of a lake.

Why won't anyone believe my crazy story?
-- Homer, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

In frustration, he kicks a bush, only to hit metal. Removing the bush,
he discovers the aliens' spaceship -- clearly visible anyway. Inside,
he removes the liquid from the tubes, re-animating the real
candidates.

Clinton: Oh, no, am I still here? I don't wanna serve out my term naked
in a tube...
Dole: I am so mad at the Secret Service right now.
-- Clinton and Dole wake up, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

Homer takes the ship in space, flying towards Washington.

Clinton: You know, Senator, being in suspended animation gave me time to
think. Partisan politics are tearing our country apart.
Dole: You got a point there, Bill. If you and I are gonna whup these
one-eyed space fellas, we're gonna have to set aside our
differences.
Clinton: Together, we can lead America into a new Golden Age.
Dole: Friend, you got a deal.
-- But enough with the fairy tales, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

Dole asks Homer to get them out of those tubes, but Homer somehow
manages to press the wrong button, and sends them both flying into
space.

Oh, no. What have I done? What am I doing? What will I do?
-- That is the question, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

In panic, Homer smashes the control panel, and sends the saucer
crashing towards Washington.

Meanwhile, outside the Capitol, the candidates are giving their last
electoral speach.

Kang: The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work
again. Tomorrow, when you are sealed in the voting cubicle, vote
for me, Senator Ka... Bob Dole.
[applause]
Kodos: I am looking forward to an orderly election tomorrow, which will
eliminate the need for a violent blood bath.
[applause]
-- Pre-electoral speeches, "Treehouse of Horror VII"

From the sky comes a scream, as Homer is crashing right into the
Capitol. A few footsteps later, he comes running down the stairs.

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're
nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]
[audience gasps in terror]
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

The next day, Kodos announces the result: "All hail, President Kang."

The field in front of the Capitol has now become a working ground
where humans are whipped by aliens and used to carry materials.

The Simpsons family is working too, with Homer and the kids carrying
wood, and Marge pushing a wheelbarrow of cinderblocks -- with Maggie
on top.

Marge: I don't understand why we have to build a ray gun to aim at a
planet I never even heard of.
Homer: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:15 pm

THEY CLOSED WITH "BARRACUDA"?!
When I heard that, I knew that Heart were not gonna be happy.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:18 pm

I am not a conspiracy nut

I AM!!! I AM!!!!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:23 pm

my god, the comments on that page.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:35 pm

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

Simple economics. If the average citizen cannot afford your product, how are you going to sell it to them? A robust economy has to have supply and demand. You are buying into the class envy that propels the democrats. I run a business, and most of my clients are wealthy. There are more people out there doing well than you think. It's perception v. reality. Obama wants you to think that things are the worst they have ever been, while the GOP wants you to think everything is perfect. Neither is true. What is preventing you from making more money? Is it the govt? Is it those who are in power? You are a smart, articulate hardworking guy. You like everyone else here has chosen what you want to do professionally, no one has forced you to choose a job. You have made your choice. Others have choosen a path that has lead them to wealth. For many, it is simply handed down. but you can't tell me that they all have prospered at your expense.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:49 pm

i'm not saying race is everything, but if you don't think large parts of this country aren't filled with people who wouldn't vote for a black guy under any circumstances then we must have two very different life experiences.

True. I know my mom has gotten on the Obama Wagon now that her pain over Hillary losing out is canceled by Yosemite Sam Whore, but for awhile she and my auntie were very angry about Obama and it was definitely Southern Lady Racism tinged with fear. Wait, that is the same thing.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:51 pm

"I feel completely f---ed over." She and sister Ann Wilson then e-mailed the following exclusive statement:

"Sarah Palin's views and values in NO WAY represent us as American women. We ask that our song 'Barracuda' no longer be used to promote her image. The song 'Barracuda' was written in the late 70s as a scathing rant against the soulless, corporate nature of the music business, particularly for women. (The 'barracuda' represented the business.) While Heart did not and would not authorize the use of their song at the RNC, there's irony in Republican strategists' choice to make use of it there."

I hate Heart, but I decided to now love them.

I guess the RNC wanted to avoid what happened back in 84 when Reagan wanted to use "Pink Houses" and asked up front to only get publicly lambasted by Mellencamp.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 2:56 pm

the Gipper got denied on using "Born in the USA", too, right?
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 3:02 pm | Edited by: saispas

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 3:14 pm

Yosemite Sam Whore

ha! i'm definintely makeing t-shirts & bumper stickers
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 3:15 pm

the Gipper got denied on using "Born in the USA", too, right?

Quoted it in one of his speeches, I know, and Bruce called him to the carpet for it, big time. Can't remember if it was actually played. I know that to this day most people still think it's some kind of "rah rah America" song it and definitely isn't.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 3:38 pm

This has nothing to do with how much money I make or what choices I have made. I'm talking about the big picture here. The standard of living and amount of money the majority of American's have has been in steady decline since the 70's. Don't try to lecture me on economics.

Simple economics. If the average citizen cannot afford your product, how are you going to sell it to them?

The "simple economics" you are talking about barely exist in this country anymore. They have taken a backseat in the past few decades to the burgeoning FIRE Economy which is where real wealth is produced nowadays. If you are a hedge fund manager you don't care how much a quart of milk costs at the grocery store.

A robust economy has to have supply and demand.

Exactly. The recent bank failures, widespread foreclosures, etc. going on right now hardly make our economy appear "robust". The real money in this country is involved in financial speculation, not the messy selling of actual goods and services. As Chris Rock said, "I'm not talkin' about rich, I'm talkin' bout WEALTH!" Yeah, you can start up a business, and even be successful on a small scale, but you can't touch the amount of money made in financial speculation, which is the money that controls things.

Manufacturing and selling goods and services (Main Street, if you will) is not where the money has been made in this country (Wall Street) for quite some time. You can make more manipulating the stock of a company that manufactures a product than you can make actually being involved in the buying and selling of said product. This is a fairly recent (ie: the past few decades) phenomenon.

Financial speculation doesn't produce any tangible benefit to society, and actually has many detrimental effects. You have been completely brainwashed if you think this is some "class envy" thing. Extreme income inequality (like where the top 1% of the country controls 40% of the wealth, like we have now) is bad for society. Look at Mexico, for example. If the extreme inequality of income in this country continues and gets worse, rich people are going to be getting kidnapped and held for ransom constantly like they are in Mexico City.

Who might be considered "rich" in this town has little to do with who really wields power in this country. There's no hedge fund managers down at the Baptist Church or running for mayor. They aren't worried about the potholes. Even members of the business world (who are actually involved in manufacturing and selling tangible goods) have become wary of our financial system as it currently functions.

Yes, you have pulled yourself up by your own bootstraps and we are all very proud of you for starting your own business, but even if you succeed beyond your wildest dreams you will not really have a political and economic say in what happens in this country. You might be able to keep some gays from getting married, or conversely you might get to voice your opinion about a woman's right to choose. You can get evolution out of the kid's textbooks, but the truly wealthy won't have any kids at a school that would use those textbooks anyway. That's about as far as it goes.

You can also look down your nose at those poorer than you, and say that they just didn't work hard enough and therefore deserve what they get. If you look at other countries you see that extreme differences in income result in very unpleasant circumstances - increased homelessness, a rise in violent crime, etc. The income distribution in the US has traditionally been much more egalitarian than it is at present, and if it gets worse than is is already it's going to be very bad for the country. It will look like Mexico or Brazil. I personally don't want that for America, but hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself to know there are people out there worse off than you, perhaps you'll enjoy it more than I will.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 3:47 pm

Simple economics. If the average citizen cannot afford your product, how are you going to sell it to them? A robust economy has to have supply and demand.

That's how Henry Ford thought, but that's not the Wal Mart model or the modern corporate model. Enlightened self-interest is soooooo librul. No, we are back to the good old 19th century mercantilism! The Wal Mart philosophy is: get Chinese slave labor to make a bunch of cheap products that the peasants can afford, then pay them jack shit. That way, they have no choice but to shop with you, and they will never lift themselves or their kids above the poverty level and you have a guaranteed workforce forever. All hail the free market! The modern corporate philosophy, as best exemplified by the pharmaceutical companies, is the razor blade model writ large. Don't concentrate on selling them the razors, sell them the blades that they will have to come back to you for time and time again. And make sure it's something they need, like medicine, because if people merely want something, they can choose not to consume it, and that's just unacceptable.

What is preventing you from making more money? Is it the govt? Is it those who are in power?

The health insurance and pharmaceutical companies. I could make more money, work less and/or have more rewarding work, but I have to keep the job I'm in because of health care. I wonder how much entrepreneurship the health insurance companies have destroyed in this country over the last few decades. And don't think it's not by design, that it's the fucking "invisible hand of the market", 'cause it was totally designed to work that way.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:01 pm

You are missing my point completely. I'm not looking down my nose at anyone, I'm not even close to wealthy. I have managed to get myself almost out of debt (besides a very modest mortgage), that is freedom. I do have an economic say in this county. I vote with my dollar every day. I just don't understand your constant class envy and overall dour outlook. Yes, things are generally fucked up, but they have always been that way. The world has always been contolled by a very small minority.

I'm definitely not an expert in economics, but it makes sense that to have a decent economy, there has to be consumers of goods as well as those who make those goods. And it would follow, that those making goods, would want the consumer to be able to afford said goods. Hedge funds an speculation are not my forte. We live in a capitalist society, and for better or worse, that's what we have. You can accept that and work within the system or you can hold on to your quasi-socialist ideas of about redistribution of wealth.

As for saying that I oppose abortion rights and gay marriage and do not believe in evolution, you haven't read anything I have posted here before.
You and I have just have a philosophical difference of opinion. You want to redistribute wealth from the rich to the poor and I want everyone to be succesful.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:10 pm | Edited by: Donkey

"Born in the USA"

Brorn!+)
BRUSA
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:18 pm

Brorn!+)
BRUSA

"Born In The USBRAY" would've been so easy.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:39 pm

(CBS) The presidential race between Barack Obama and John McCain is now even at 42 percent, according to a new CBS News poll conducted Monday-Wednesday of this week. Twelve percent are undecided according to the poll, and one percent said they wouldn't vote.

This is in contrast to a poll conducted last weekend, where the Obama-Biden ticket led McCain-Palin by eight points, 48 percent to 40 percent.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 4:43 pm

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/02/05/no-more-pink-houses-f or-mccain/

that article says something about rockers like bruce, mellencamp and bon jovi all in the same breath about republicans being denied the right to glom on to their "for the people" stance....

but

tomorrow, jon bon jovi is hosting a mccain fundraiser at his house in new jersey, with a $30,000-a-head entry fee. no shit.

i have his home address. i'll give it up for $30K
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 5:07 pm

First of all, sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you do or don't support gay marriage or abortion or anything. I don't know what your views are on any of that. By "you" I just meant anybody. I was using those things as examples of what the limits of political discourse are in this country. Those are the things you can talk about. Economics is off the table.

I'm definitely not an expert in economics,

Well, that's obvious. Zing! Seriously, though...

You want to redistribute wealth from the rich to the poor and I want everyone to be succesful.

This is complete and utter bullshit. I don't believe in some socialist utopia. It's not goddamn class envy. Republicans use that term to completely turn off any discussion of economics. You can't talk about how the system is set up without it being considered "class war" and reactionary and therefore beyond the pale of discussion.

You say you want people to be successful. The best way for that to happen is to assure a better quality of education, healthcare, and opportunity. The best way to assure that is for there not to be a massive gap between the wealthy few and everybody else. We currently score crap-tacularly low on all those items compared to many other countries in the world. Capitalism needs some regulation and restraint to keep those on top from overly exploiting their position. It's better for society as a whole if there aren't extreme gaps of wealth between the rich and poor. The countries with gaps like this are generally lousy places to live, unless you are one of the few at the top.

I never said this has to happen through some violent commie revolution and "redistribution of wealth". It could be achieved through regulation, enforcement of those regulations, and actual penalties if they are broken. I'm not talking about guillotines in the town square. How about...bringing back Glass-Steagall? How about, just, maybe, that the SEC should do it's job? If it's not too much trouble? Jesus. Yeah, I'm a regular fucking Trotsky here.

We currently DO have a socialist state. However, it is socialism for the wealthy at the expense of the majority of Americans. Look at the recent bailout of Bear Stearns. Privatized profits, socialized losses. That money couldn't have been better spent on some other problem in this country?

I just don't understand your constant class envy and overall dour outlook.

I don't understand your inability to admit that anything might be wrong with this, "the greatest country in the world". There are actual problems with this country, and they would be more likely to be fixed if you could bring them up without being accused of lack of patriotism or being a whackjob. Yes, the world is never going to be perfect, but to be able to improve things at all (it IS possible) you first have to admit things need improving. Personally I think I'm an optimist because I think we could turn shit around, rather than just shrugging our shoulders and saying that hey, at least it's better than Somalia or Rwanda or somewhere worse.

As it is now, you gotta wear a flag lapel pin and shit red white and blue streamers out of your ass. Otherwise you are considered part of the "blame America first crowd" should you dare to say anything other than "USA! USA!". The patriotic bullshit just serves to silence anybody who might suggest that the status quo isn't somehow the best of all possible worlds.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 5:08 pm

tomorrow, jon bon jovi is hosting a mccain fundraiser at his house in new jersey, with a $30,000-a-head entry fee. no shit.

Fercrissakes.

After all this discussion, I still say mysogyny trumps racism in this country any day. Didn't black men get the vote a full eighty or so years before women did?
Even me...I was for Obama during the primaries because I was certain that a woman could not win. Nothing against Hillary per se, but the opposing party sure did make a big deal of what a lesbian ball buster she was.
Jesus...at least she never described herself as a pit bull with lipstick. I'm sure if Hillary had self-described as such even her constituency would have been offended. I don't think she'd ever resort to that (blatantly mysogynist but sounds good) characterization, because her experience in the political arena is proven.
So, I'm trying not to be too upset about Miss Read My Lipstick, though I'm not doing a very good job of it. That's a slap in the face to half the women in this country...who can't AFFORD lipstick.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 5:13 pm

As it is now, you gotta wear a flag lapel pin and shit red white and blue streamers out of your ass. Otherwise you are considered part of the "blame America first crowd" should you dare to say anything other than "USA! USA!". The patriotic bullshit just serves to silence anybody who might suggest that the status quo isn't somehow the best of all possible worlds.

A-fucking-men.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 5:26 pm

"patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"-Samuel Johnson
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 5:29 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

"patriotism is the goddamned last refuge of a fucking scoundrel, and I hope he burns in hell!l"-Samuel Jackson
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 6:25 pm

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 6:27 pm

Yosemite Sam Whore

ha! i'm definintely makeing t-shirts & bumper stickers

Just be sure to give Alisa the royalties.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 6:29 pm

"patriotism is the goddamned last refuge of a fucking scoundrel, and I hope he burns in hell!l"-Samuel Jackson

HAHAHAHA! Oh my god, this is my fave today. Speaking of, seen the trailer for "Lakeview Terrace"?!?!? SO there!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 6:33 pm

WHAT? What a prick. My uncle just sent me the following about BonGiovi:

Also not so funny: I had to (figuratively) crack some heads in the newsroom the other day because of our reporting on a Bon Jovi-funded home in Newark for people living with HIV. Our (young) news folks were using HIV and AIDS as if they were synonyms, which meant they were also further besmirching the dignity of people with critical illnesses. Then, of course, when asked why he got involved and what his message was for others, Civic Jon said, "I wanted to make a difference... that's what everybody should do, to be a difference-maker..." He didn't say how his day-job as a rock 'n' roll songwriter influenced him to coin terms like "difference-maker," but expect to see the phrase on a bootleg T-shirt outside his band's next arena date.

Maybe he is a sucker for that tacked on bullshit of McCain's speech that amounted to being a "Difference Maker".

(sorry for the triple post; sometimes it cannot be helped)
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 7:14 pm

He's hosting one for Obama not McCain according to what I can track down through google news
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/barack_obama_due_in_nj_for_fu n.html

http://news.google.com/news?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficia l&client=firefox-a&tab=wn&hl=en&nolr=1&q=bon+jovi&btnG=Search
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm trying not to be too upset about Miss Read My Lipstick, though I'm not doing a very good job of it

Don't apologize. But more offensive is their total hypocrisy on the "family values" bullshit.

I just can't believe a pregnant unmarried 17 year old is no great shakes for the Repub constituency. They have been railing about "responsibility" for years now and nominate an obviously irresponsible Hockey Mom for Veep.

If they're willing to parrot "privacy" about the pregnant 17 year old, why can't they endorse "privacy" for the millions of Americans who may have a different religious view than theirs? (i.e., consider abortion a medical procedure, not "taking a life against God's wishes")

Once again, the hypocrisy is appalling.

And never mind the lying about war issue, or the phony hero issue, or the barely concealed racism issue, or the fact that they DO NOT represent Americans
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 7:57 pm

He's hosting one for Obama not McCain according to what I can track down through google news

well, that would be a HUGE relief because i got an email from someone in NJ just totally OUTRAGED that he was doing so, and it pissed me off, too. i mean, he can support whoever he wants to but.... mccain supporters just piss me off
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:02 pm

yeah i was pretty sure Bongiovi leaned Dem.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:05 pm

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:12 pm | Edited by: Schooley

The money has spoken:

(CNN) Barack Obama's campaign for president has raised $10 million since Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin spoke Wednesday night, the campaign announced, calling it a "one-day record...

The Republican Party announced earlier in the day it had raised $1 million in the wake of Palin's speech.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:15 pm

Didn't black men get the vote a full eighty or so years before women did?

Giving something to someone and then denying them the use of that thing until 1964 is not exactly the same thing as giving it to them. Sort of like Indian Giving, another example of what is wrong with your country: your socio-econo driven genocide of your indigenous people. Wave that flag proudly, Yankee Lovers.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 8:15 pm

Bristol. Her breasts I mean. Mmmmm....

when i saw bristol on tv the other night, i thought that her breasts were way too big for how pregnant they say she is... sorta like... perhaps she's having a baby immediately after giving birth to trig, thinking she couldn't get pregnant while she was lactating (big mistake... and wrong!)... because i still do not buy that sarah birthed trig. i'm sticking w/ trig being bristol's baby...
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 9:24 pm

i'm sticking w/ trig being bristol's baby...

Me too!
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:55 pm

when i saw bristol on tv the other night, i thought that her breasts were way too big for how pregnant they say she is... sorta like... perhaps she's having a baby immediately after giving birth to trig, thinking she couldn't get pregnant while she was lactating (big mistake... and wrong!)... because i still do not buy that sarah birthed trig. i'm sticking w/ trig being bristol's baby...
maybe Bristol has big tits. And by the way, who cares about who some teeenager fucked and what her deal is.

Once the king comes into your home, you cannot get him out. Big government is not the answer. The worst thing to give a drunk is a drink, the worst thing to give to a poor person is money. We are spoiled and there is a whole class of people who are spoiled (see above metaphor), because they have never had to work to get by, we make sure they get by without developing into people who do anything more than suck at the nation's teat. You can't blame them, they were spoiled and unknowingly addicted to the opium that is 60s idealism and giveaways and white middle class guilt altruism. No thanks, Obama. Also, like it or not, latent racism will keep those on the fence from voting for him. Not pretty but the truth. Further, do you really want a president who feels like he has to pander to a 15% population bloc that politically moves together whethet sensibly or not. It's knee jerk and reflexive to be for Obama and the bigger the government, the more socialized it is, the bigger our troubles will be.

Politics is always a lesser of two evils, because who could possibly stomach the whole "message" of either party. Fundamentalist Chirstians are fucking scary and they can be unfortunate bedfellows. The war thing was a fiasco in how it was presented as a search for weapons of mass destruction, but as much or more of a gaff was the way it was fucked up by pandering to the media and not just getting in and getting out and letting war be war. Saddam Hussein wasn't a saint, and we weren't better off with him around. The war needs to end, but remember Nixon ended Vietnam by bombing the shit out of Asia not and not fucking around, not being nice. It's war for fucks sake. (granted Nixon was a whackjob in many other ways, but he understood the dark truth on how you get people to a negotiation table and it is oftentimes not by being a nice guy)
The Democratic ticket this year is a timebomb, and will be absolutely bumbling when it comes to foregin affairs (unless it is Biden not Obama running for president- which were the Democratic ticket upside down with Biden as pres candidate they would be alot less scary). Government needs to shrink and we need to learn to deal with short term losses for long term gains. Oddly enough, the Republicans are the lesser of the two evils and the less pretty and PC choice. Yes, Obama=Jimmy Carter, indeed. KEEP GOVERNMENT small.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:10 pm

i'm sticking w/ trig being bristol's baby...
so palin wore padding or something, faking a pregnancy for months and months, then the hospital lied, and everyone involved, there wasnt a single democrat around to break the coverup? frankly, i believe its more likely bush was personally responsible for 9/11.
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 11:37 pm

I support Bristol. Her breasts I mean. Mmmmm....
that little girl looks like the devil

another example of what is wrong with your country: your socio-econo driven genocide of your indigenous people. Wave that flag proudly, Yankee Lovers.

correct and no indigenous people were ever killed in conquests of Europe, or Asia, or Africa, or Australia...you certainly have one up on us you open minded, free thinking bastions of excellence

everything else is too stupid to even comment on
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:17 am

correct and no indigenous people were ever killed in conquests of Europe, or Asia, or Africa, or Australia...you certainly have one up on us you open minded, free thinking bastions of excellence

Difference between killed and slaughtered, I think, and nice argument: Spanish people killed some indigenous people (I was actually referring to the decimation of a country that another group of people would call their own, not a military action or emblem of imperialism--you know, killing for land?) and therefore it was OK to do it here. Learn that on the playgrounds of Louisiana? The Jimmy raped that girl so I also raped that girl defense? What is next? America eats too many Twinkies?

And I sure love to grab my friends and sit around the Ole Campfire and listen to the story of the genocide of millions in Australia.

And when you say "everything else" is too stupid you mean like denying Blacks the opportunity to vote? Even after enslaving them and describing them as property in your hallowed documents? Too stupid for a redneck I guess. Not for others.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 8:05 am

KEEP GOVERNMENT small.

Yes. They are doing such a tremendous job with education, billions a month on two wars, NASA, and long-range energy plans.

Yup. Your present small government (Did you mean small-minded? Looting Morons would be better, I think) leaves young Sammy illiterate, his cousin shredded by Sunni shrapnel, and gives us the chemical breakdown of Saturn's rings while everyone drives a SUV. Elect Bush's brother if you are so happy. And I forgot: As Commander in Chief Obama will NOT consult with the Pentagon when he moves in to destroy Japan or Brazil?

La réunion fut annulée car le président est malade.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 8:56 am

how is it that bristol being pregnant = palin being a shitty mother?

i did lots of juvenile delinquent stuff when i was young. NONE of it was my parents' fault.

besides, having a baby when young in rural areas is not exactly news in much of the U.S.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 9:06 am

because i still do not buy that sarah birthed trig. i'm sticking w/ trig being bristol's baby...

i can't believe people are *still* beating this drum. didn't everyone give this delusion up a week ago when the pics of palin obviously pregnant circulated? there's a reason 95% of political blogs are considered garbage.

ya know - like saying obama had gay sex with larry sinclair & hillary had vince foster murdered.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 9:18 am

Cos she would have had her down at Planned Parenthood for "An Appointment" about 4 months ago. Just my opine! But it is "Bristol's Choice" (right)!
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 11:07 am

It's not Bristol being pregnant that makes her a shitty mother. When you use your children for your political purposes - that makes a shitty mother. I don't like how she used the fact that her son is going to Iraq to illustrate HER patriotism, and especially emphasizing he was leaving on 9/11.
Going back to work three days after giving birth to a Down's baby is certainly suspect parenting. Running for the VP of the USA when said baby is four months old is more of the same. Who's taking care of the baby?
When you're a religious nutjob, and hold up your "family values" as a standard for a political party then you're open to all the criticism you deserve when you're daughter gets pregnant at 17 to a self-described "fucking redneck".
And then makes a big fucking deal out of it being such a noble "choice". That's some craziness right there. She's against "choice", remember.

I also think trying to ban books makes you a pretty shitty example of a parent.

I'm sick of talking about Sarah Palin. I'll give her this, though - she certainly has done a great job of misdirection and smoke and mirrors in the McCain campaign.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 11:31 am

yeah, the mccain campaign issued an "off limits" edict when it comes to her kids, but they themselves drag them out every chance they get to show what a model conservative SHE is. obama has kids and the public has seen very little of them and it seems the media could maybe spin that since they are "black...ish" that they have overcome "SO MANY odds" to be the outstanding individuals they are. i guess since they aren't knocked up, have an extra chromosome or getting shipped off to iraq, them being black-like is too boring.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 12:02 pm

MAD MAgazine's take. "Not Vetting Sarah Palin"

The fine print is the best part.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 3:36 pm

Once the king comes into your home, you cannot get him out. Big government is not the answer. The worst thing to give a drunk is a drink, the worst thing to give to a poor person is money. We are spoiled and there is a whole class of people who are spoiled (see above metaphor), because they have never had to work to get by, we make sure they get by without developing into people who do anything more than suck at the nation's teat. You can't blame them, they were spoiled and unknowingly addicted to the opium that is 60s idealism and giveaways and white middle class guilt altruism. No thanks, Obama. Also, like it or not, latent racism will keep those on the fence from voting for him. Not pretty but the truth. Further, do you really want a president who feels like he has to pander to a 15% population bloc that politically moves together whethet sensibly or not. It's knee jerk and reflexive to be for Obama and the bigger the government, the more socialized it is, the bigger our troubles will be.

Politics is always a lesser of two evils, because who could possibly stomach the whole "message" of either party. Fundamentalist Chirstians are fucking scary and they can be unfortunate bedfellows. The war thing was a fiasco in how it was presented as a search for weapons of mass destruction, but as much or more of a gaff was the way it was fucked up by pandering to the media and not just getting in and getting out and letting war be war. Saddam Hussein wasn't a saint, and we weren't better off with him around. The war needs to end, but remember Nixon ended Vietnam by bombing the shit out of Asia not and not fucking around, not being nice. It's war for fucks sake. (granted Nixon was a whackjob in many other ways, but he understood the dark truth on how you get people to a negotiation table and it is oftentimes not by being a nice guy)
The Democratic ticket this year is a timebomb, and will be absolutely bumbling when it comes to foregin affairs (unless it is Biden not Obama running for president- which were the Democratic ticket upside down with Biden as pres candidate they would be alot less scary). Government needs to shrink and we need to learn to deal with short term losses for long term gains. Oddly enough, the Republicans are the lesser of the two evils and the less pretty and PC choice. Yes, Obama=Jimmy Carter, indeed. KEEP GOVERNMENT small.

Wow that was like an Eagles song called "this is how it is". Were any of those points even related? That was like cut and paste rhetoric from six different arguments. "60's idealism" ? Really is that our problem?
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 7:06 pm

And when you say "everything else" is too stupid

when I say "everything else" is too stupid I just mean you

I was actually referring to the decimation of a country that another group of people would call their own, not a military action or emblem of imperialism--you know, killing for land?

right, the rest of the world was completely vacant of anyone living there before the European countries sprang up...I forgot my world history...and none of them ever started a war over land...you got me
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 9:57 pm

The fine print is the best part.

Just got her passport three months ago. Wow. I'd be sick of talking about her already if she weren't so patently ridiculous.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 6:11 am | Edited by: Alice B Toklas

when I say "everything else" is too stupid I just mean you

Then learn to say it. And people are not "everything."

right, the rest of the world was completely vacant of anyone living there before the European countries sprang up...I forgot my world history...and none of them ever started a war over land...you got me

Your inability to write rivals your inability to read: I suggested that in the last 130 years genocide by a democratic country is pretty rare. We did it. Your mom the nazis did it (Democratic in the initial sense of voting), but the list is getting small,like your brain.

And yes: I acknowledge your brilliant defense of America's actions based upon long ago examples of different people under different circumstances at different times. Now I feel better for you. Sleep well. America Sucks as Much as Darfur and Nazi Germany[b][/b]. Bumper Sticker Alert for SUV's! You got me.

Tu es betes comme tes pieds
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 6:49 am

http://www.laprogressive.com/2008/09/05/alaskans-speak-in-a-frightened -whisper-palin-is-%E2%80%9Cracist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean%E2%80%9D/

Alaskans Speak (In A Frightened Whisper): Palin Is “Racist, Sexist, Vindictive, And Mean”

September 5, 2008

“So Sambo beat the bitch!”

This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination.

According to Lucille, the waitress serving her table at the time and who asked that her last name not be used, Gov. Palin was eating lunch with five or six people when the subject of the Democrat’s primary battle came up. The governor, seemingly not caring that people at nearby tables would likely hear her, uttered the slur and then laughed loudly as her meal mates joined in appreciatively.

“It was kind of disgusting,” Lucille, who is part Aboriginal, said in a phone interview after admitting that she is frightened of being discovered telling folks in the “lower 48” about life near the North Pole.

Then, almost with a sigh, she added, “But that’s just Alaska.”

Racial and ethnic slurs may be “just Alaska” and, clearly, they are common, everyday chatter for Palin.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 8:44 am

Wow that was like an Eagles song called "this is how it is".

How did I miss this? BRAVO!
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 10:49 am

“So Sambo beat the bitch!”

CLASSY! Didn't McCain talk about how he would "always hate gooks" or did I just dream that?
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 11:58 am

was it Bill Maher that used to say he wants a presidents who's better/smarter than he?

Seriously, regardless of where your politics fall, these people are NOT the best and brightest. I'll certainly give McCain his propers for enduring torture at the hand of the Viet Cong, I'm just not sure that necessarily makes him the guy I want leading the free world.

I've got a theory about why Democrats as a whole always seem to outclass the Republicans, especially in the last 35-40 years or so: all the smart, capable conservatives are running Fortune 500 companies, leaving all the yahoos, religious wingnuts and dittoheads to run for public office. Even my staunchly Republican parents agree with this assessment, to an extent.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 12:06 pm

pics of palin obviously pregnant circulated?

i've never seen these pics and trust me, i have searched high and low.
just show me - i'm empirical

however, i do prefer the story of trig being sarah's. i just prefer it. so i'm sticking to it.

and if obama had gay sex, i'm all that much more for him.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 12:17 pm

"was it Bill Maher that used to say he wants a presidents who's better/smarter than he? "

was it Bill Maher who used to say he wants a president who's better/smarter than he?

next thing you know i'll be voting GOP
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 12:26 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

I suggested that in the last 130 years genocide by a democratic country is pretty rare.

yeah sorry about the USA only being a little over 200 years old....it is always a bitch when the kids grow up, move to the big person table, and then act exactly like the other jerky adults

have fun with that superiority complex, eurodouche...and might I suggest developing a sense of humor

notice I've never denied any of your disparages against the US, only said that your country doesn't really have a clean conscience....and notice who keeps getting defensive
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 2:21 pm

CLASSY! Didn't McCain talk about how he would "always hate gooks" or did I just dream that?

"I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live."

"I will call right now, my interrogator that tortured me, a gook," McCain said.

McCain said he does not consider the comment an epithet.

"Gook," he said, "is the kindest appellation I can give."

-san francisco chronicle 2/18/00
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 2:28 pm

"I will call right now, my interrogator that tortured me, a gook," McCain said.

McCain said he does not consider the comment an epithet.

well, that says a lot right?

"torturer" is effective and crosses all gender, race, creed and class lines
there is no doubt as what "torturer" means
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 2:58 pm

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 3:20 pm

theresa, i totally agree. the man is a politician who had 30 years to choose his words carefully, and theres alot of things he couldve called them. the bastards, the sonsabitches, etc. but he chose a racial slur that offends all asians. goes to show what kind of judgment he has.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 5:47 am

Sun Sep 7, 3:52 PM ET

John McCain has overtaken Barack Obama in the Gallup daily tracking poll and has his highest level of support in that poll since early May.
ADVERTISEMENT

McCain leads Obama 48 percent to 45 percent among registered voters, by Gallup’s measure.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 7:01 am

he was too drunk to say slant eyed devil
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 8:09 am

well, that says a lot right?
I don't give him any slack for flip-flopping on a lot of points, but I give a tortured POW a free pass to use the term gook.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 9:22 am

i have to agree with brad.
ex POW or not
mccain's a politician
if he remained a private citizen, he could use any hateful words he wanted to

but as a public person who ostensibly should set an example to others - especially a man pandering to christians... he's really gotta understand AND live the "turn the other cheek" lesson.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 11:57 am

remember Nixon ended Vietnam

Correction. Vietnam ended Vietnam by WINNING the war. We LOST the war. Saigon is now called "Ho Chi Minh City". Maybe it was the secrets they tortured out of McCain that turned the tide?

McCain doesn't know how to "win" a war --- he was (another) incompetent Republican pilot who skated due to Daddy's good graces.

On the other hand, he wouldn't have a career (or a rich wife) if he hadn't gotten shot down on that first bombing run. So, crafty career move?
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 12:00 pm

according to yahoo news (don't know howreliable that is) maccain is 4 points ahead of obama in the polls.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 12:52 pm

maybe Biden should start putting together a list of books he would move to ban, given the chance. Could be good for a quick bump in poll numbers.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 12:55 pm

CNN says dead even at 48% each.
Also saying the polls are pretty much useless at this point.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:05 pm

Sarah Palin's face makes me wanna puke...
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:06 pm

she wants kesey banned but wants to kill polar bears. maybe she's right: darwinism sounds a little sketchy after thinking 48 per cent of america would support those positions.

fuck her. and then let a bear fuck her in the ass. then i'll smile.

USA!!!!!!
USA!!!!!
USA!!!!!
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:10 pm

Every one of McCain's paychecks were from the USA or his wife.......what the fuck does he know about being a working man?
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:12 pm

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:12 pm | Edited by: Will

I certainly won't bag on a dude for his military service, no matter how misused he is by the powers that be, but that's a damn fine point.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 1:45 pm

I certainly won't bag on a dude for his military service, no matter how misused he is by the powers that be, but that's a damn fine point.

I'll bag on someone who's whole life has been off the taxpayer's dime whether it's McCain (whole life), Biden (35 years), Palin (16 years) or even Obama.....
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 2:40 pm

sarah palin pregnant --

URL
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 3:24 pm

sarah palin pregnant --

it needs the date & authentication of said date...
for all i know, in that photo, she's pregnant w/ that daughter who's not Bristol

i mean... there's gonna be a shit ton of photos of a pregnant sarah palin - she's got a few kids. i want to see a photo of her preggers with all the kids in the photo, except of course trig, who would be in the photo in her womb
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 3:30 pm

she wants kesey banned

wait! where's the list of those wanna-be banned books? thanks
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm concerned about Sara Palin going through menopause and turning into a hormone-fuled maniac.
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 5:30 pm

going through menopause

ALREADY HAPPENED
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 1:33 pm

Praise the LORD!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 1:43 pm

I figured. I've been checking Snopes a lot lately...should have taken the time. Thanks, SC.
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®