Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / digital camera vids to computers?
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 12:11 pm

how do i get a vid a took with my digital camera onto my mac? i wanna start uploading shit on youtube. i have the camera connected wih that fuckin' cable already.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Buy a Staags! record and find out!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

just import it to iphoto. then upload it.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 12:24 pm

i uploaded all the pics that were in it, but the video is still in the camera. all iphoto is telling me is that there aren't any photos to be uploaded.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:20 pm | Edited by: spyceeburrito

Directly upload onto youtube from your camera through the USB cable, then you can show us just how gay you really are!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Buy a Staags! record and find out!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Buy a Staags! record and find out how gay you really are!!!
!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:28 pm

HOORAY!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 1:43 pm

spycee, call me up and talk me through this dumb ass shit.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 2:05 pm

I reckon iPhoto can't see your video for one of two reasons:
1. You're rockin' an olde iPhoto that didn't have video capabilities.
2. iPhoto just don't like the file format your cam saves to.

Does your cam show up as a drive when you have it plugged in? If so look on that drive, then drag and drop movie files to your desktop and edit them with another program.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 2:27 pm

i actually haven't updated iphoto in forever. i'll try to install.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 2:29 pm

that was kristena that posted that! i'll have her call you....
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 3:09 pm

quit jack'n to redtube and answer yer phone!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:29 pm

You have a mac. I thought it "just works". I didn't even think you had to think about it. Right? Especially if you're an urban hipster in your 20's. Not like that over-weight stuffy suite & tie spread-sheet nerd in his 30's.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:56 pm

fuck iphoto. why can't he go to into imovie?

then save to quicktime or whatever.

party.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 12:55 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

fuck iphoto. why can't he go to into imovie?

I was kinda wondering the same thing. figured he's got a stripped-down version of iLife sans iMovie, Garage Band and alla that shit.

Seems like the cam should show up as a drive on ye olde desktop when it's plugged in, but I've only got a couple hours experience on a Mac running anything newer than Mac OS 9.2

Shit's too damn expensive. iMac 24s are a good deal cuzza their killer display, but 20s suck ass for the money. Lappys all seem like ripoffs to me. MacPros ain't bad if you need that power and buy your drives and RAM from other vendors...
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 4:00 am

Seems like the cam should show up as a drive on ye olde desktop when it's plugged in

Exactly. The easiest way. Jjust drag it off.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 8:33 am

when i plug the camera in all that happens is my iphoto opens. i have imovie, but when i open it with the camera plugged in i don't have any options with the camera. nothing shows up on the desktop when the camera is plugged in either.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am

Is there something similar to "My Computer" you can click on. Or... whatever you open up to look for folders? Maybe it'll show up there. "Should be" a simple drag from one to the other.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®