Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / anthony bourdain
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Gay?
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 1:09 pm

Most likely. He does wear Ramones shirts all the time...
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Gay?

hardly
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Perhaps.

Sexy, definately!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm

he's not...married twice
with a kid. some asshole
told me he was a flamer the other night
and i refused to believe it...then he told me
i was an idiot and my "gaydar" was off.
fuck that dude.
i rule.
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 5:52 pm

he's mo and I'm Earnest Borgnine....
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 6:38 pm

He's one of my few celebrity crushes and he is NOT gay!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 7:59 pm

I used to think he was super-hot, but something happened. I do think he is indeed the coolest celebrity chef. Mario B seems pretty cool too, but he has a new show with Gwenyth (sp) Paltrow whom I despise, so he goes down a notch by association.
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 8:13 pm

mario batali is a jerk.
bobby flay is the biggest ahole of them all.
has he ever won a throwdown?
fucking cocky bastard.
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Not Gay, read his books.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 1:18 am

All ageing punk rock chicks wanna fuck that dude.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 2:15 am

mario batali is damn cool and pretty gracious too
i dated one of his sous chefs and i frequently ate after-hours in the kitchen at babbo with the rest of the kitchen staff... served on a couple occasions by mario himself - as in "try this" kind of stuff. i adore me some mario

as for bourdain... he's an aging punk rock dude, so... that goes with the territory
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 6:12 am

how come girls get so upset if you say somebody they have a crush on is gay

but if you say somebody they find repulsive is gay it's all good?

double standard...you bitches need to check yo self
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 7:35 am

I don't know who A bourdain is but I have a man crush on Todd English. He's not gay and neither am I but if I were gay and hungry he could toss my salad anytime.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 7:53 am | Edited by: paristheatre

Lidia Italy.

A dash of BDSM? just say when...
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 7:54 am

PBS is so dirty.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 10:00 am

todd english is the biggest fuck nut of them all.. on my tv screen at 3 in the morning peddlin some crap cookware w/ 3 inches of lipgloss on..fuck that dude and fuck Olives.. the start of no reservations this season seemed more like some peace corps show..getting tired of that shit..until he went to spain then i be like Ok..
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 11:23 am

he\'s not...married twice

I don\'t know who the fuck you\'re talking about. I don\'t know if he\'s gay or not, but his being married doesn\'t mean anything, sweetheart.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:40 pm

All ageing punk rock chicks wanna fuck that dude

well put.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 12:51 pm

I think he's had more than his fair share of Padma paneer.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 10:35 pm

I cooked for the guy at In Good Taste in PDX in 02-03?and got him to sign my first edition Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly. Pretty much exactly like he is on T.V. kinda of dick but what linecook ain't. And does he take it in the culoo probably not but does he care if you do not really.Sidenote cook friend smoked with the guy and he was moaning about his stoner wife in NYC having dank delievered everyday to their place. What a drag huh? Cook transcended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Eric Ripert, cooked for him the same month too. Total cocksucker!! Said the word "sputz".
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Chef culture creeps me the fuck out!

I mean, it's even stranger than the military (as far as rank structure). The reverence newbies show for "Chefs" is more like bdsm slave to master.

I was around a wanna-be chef friend who took me to his work after hours for some drinks. They were all like "yes chef" and "no chef' and tip-toeing around this goofy douche like he actually mattered. I just wanted to tell him "shut the fuck up and go make me a waffle, asshole". Jesus!

I know the reality-tv chef shows are over dramatized. But even that makes me sick. Anthony Bourdain is a complete shit-head on those shows. I'd be like "look dude, I saw you eat the hibachi'd ass-end out of a nutra-rat in the sewers of Bangladesh... so step off my creme brulee! Nasty motherfucker".

I mean... why can't they just be like "oh hey kid, you like to cook, awesome, so do I... Let me show you how to fry up some chicken".

Speaking of waffles though... Waffle House cooks: now they deserve the respect.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 10:51 pm

... and that's what grinds my gears.
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 11:16 pm

That's some european old school bullshit kitchen mentallity. I cooked high end, low end and for 15 years all over north america. Most the chefs I cooked for liked to be called "chef". But, fuck you never going to last if you stoop down on two knees and kiss the fuckers plastic clogs, I mean it's a fucking wage job!!!!!Most cooks I worked with were either journeymen cooks that where old crazy drug addicted assholes that have done prison time that don't kiss ass or monomanical thoroughbred hotshots that where to busy thinking about food to really give a fuck about what they where calling the boss, the waitress or the busboy. You know don't believe the T.V. shows. Bourdain nailed the industry in ONE BOOK and spoke to a somewhat segmented part of the population,kitchen workers . That's why he is where he is , he wrote a fucking masterpiece.
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:56 am

He's NOT gay and refused to party with me in Stall No. 3, Minneapolis Airport Men's Room.

Said he hated I-da-hoe french fries and I couldn't tap him for the wide stance.

My wife blew him though and said he tasted like chicharrones. She must of got some from our Mexican gardener
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Speaking of waffles though... Waffle House cooks: now they deserve the respect.

Indeed, that was pretty rad of chef Ramsey to hook that Waffle House broad up with culinary school funds after she got booted out of Hell's Kitchen.
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 4:27 pm

The funny thing is all the imitators Bourdain has spawned. Following his show there's something called "Extreme Foods" where the guy just goes around eating the grossest things imaginable, done in a humorless fashion.

I would much rather see Tony going upstream in Borneo in a dugout canoe wearing a "Hey Ho Let's Go" T-shirt.
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Andrew Zimmern "Bizarre Foods," or something like that, if that's what you're talking about. Fat bald guy who eats spiders? Doesn't try and cop a tough guy line cook attitude or anything. Doesn't drink or smoke or use bad language. Doubt he's ever worked at Waffle House. Despite the gross out factor, he's really boring as hell.
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 6:34 pm | Edited by: michael baker

Eric Ripert, cooked for him the same month too. Total cocksucker!!

it's a crowded field in mid town who is the worst cocksucker; drew Kunze is up there too; Ripert's partner Maguy Le Coze was rumored to be sleeping with her brother who died in mid 90's i think.
' i was lucky that i managed for decent (and talented) chefs : Tom Valenti, Jean-Georges, and Home's David Page. Across the street from Home was mario B--an ok guy too but hardly the "great" innocent that he portrays on cooking shows.

a guy could spend 2 years on a novel that changes people's lives and be broke after all of it; a chef could cook a salmon and be a rich celebrity. Ha!

ripert in the mid 90's btw was a great chef, the best seafood around. a dick who could cook.
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 9:31 pm

my old man is the executive chef of a fine dining joint over in Collierville. . . the culture hardly creeps me out but there's never a dull moment to say the least. and unlike many chefs, he actually cooks for me. ;)

i'm pretty sure Bourdain is married to his highschool sweetheart.
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 10:08 pm

i'm pretty sure Bourdain is married to his highschool sweetheart.

He was...they divorced a few years ago...the new wife is Ottavia Busia, they have a baby, she's young, pretty and Italian.

http://www.superiorpics.com/pictures2/Bourdain_FL015782.jpg
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Across the street from Home was mario B-

you talkin about Po? out of all of mario's restaurants, that one i thought was just feh.... i have had about 12 of the dishes there and let me tell you -the salmon was so average that ANYONE who managed to buy a decent cut of fish could have made it.... the dish i was hoping would be stellar was strangely bland.... a stew of baby octopus in a blood orange/tomato-based sauce. too many octopi that were rubbery and the sauce was almost tasteless.

i believe, however, mario sold out his stake in po. i could be wrong, but it no longer shows up in his portfolio of eateries.
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 1:25 am

that's a little nuts that he and his highschool girl were together for so long and through all his shit and just now (or recently) split up. she def helf out for the big bucks, huh???
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 2:55 pm

how come girls get so upset if you say somebody they have a crush on is gay

Because it makes them want him even more.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm

This guy is unwatchable. What a pretentious d-bag.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®