Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Alaska and US gun law
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 5:42 pm

How easy is it for a non-American to legally get hold of a shotgun? I've been warned about bears and a bar called 'Elbow Room'.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Why in the fuck are you going to Unalaska?
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 6:24 pm

You mean you can just go into a store, buy a gun, and walk out with it?
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 6:46 pm | Edited by: Wire

You mean you can just go into a store, buy a gun, and walk out with it?

If you're a citizen with no felony record, yes (in Alaska and many other states). Otherwise, it's more complex, and I don't know the particulars.
Don't forget that tribal lands are NOT operating under the same laws as the rest of the country.
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 1:14 am

The Elbow Room on Unalaska is great, but there ain\'t a bear for hundreds of miles.
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 8:21 am | Edited by: Shaun A

What about as protection from Alaskan men? I mean, they have a serious shortage of women up there and these are big rough guys. A few beers in a darkened bar and one sight of a skinny limey would have their addled brains turning to romance. At least get a taser, Chris.
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 1:48 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I saw one of my favorite shirts of all time on a broad up in Bellingham. It said "Remember girls, you're in Alaska. You're beautiful now!"

She was a totally haggard lady that worked on a fishing boat. She and the couple eskimos she was kickin' it with were totally hilarious, though!
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 5:08 pm

I wanna get warmed up by some burly Alasakan dude.

I love those Alaskan butts!
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 11:08 am

I don't think you even have to be a citizen, you may just have to show a visa or legal residency papers to purchase. I see illegals stockpiling at gun shops, but they may be riding someone else's SSI# and committing identity fraud (no way to check criminal history in their native country).

Buy from a private seller in the newspaper and avoid all of the hassle (if your state allows it). You are still allowed to use and possess a gun while in the US, even if you're legally restricted from purchasing one.

http://www.gunowners.org/

The lower the score, the better the state.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ak
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®