Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / ATTN: artists and creative types
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

i recently acquired this crazy set of 60s mod/ go-go kid cutouts and i'd like to somehow display them in a frame or on some other surface (not a wall). any good ideas on how to go about putting something like this together?
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

shadow box?
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:00 am

there's too many and i want them to be permantly displayed and unmoveable. i was thinking about maybe glueing them onto some kind of surface and then urathane coating it, but i don't know if thag's the best idea.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:13 am

I would float them on an acid-free matt with acid-free framers tape and frame them. This will help to preserve the color and condition of the pieces. I'd group them in two per frame. Use frames that are all uniform sizes and choose vivid matt colors. Or do a frieze of all the dancers in one long custom frame. That would be pretty cool, but probably way more expensive.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am

I find framing stuff to be one serious buzzkill/chore so i try to do it as little as possible. Which is a shame b/c frames really can set things off...make em look better. If I absolutely must have it framed I take it to a framer who knows what they're doing. If you want it done really right I bet you could get away with havein a framer arrange and mount those cut outs for roughly $100. Whatever it is you can always take this stuff in to a frame shop and get an estimate. Depends on how crafty you want to try to be to defray the costs. If you'd really rather diy then I might could give you some instructions/directions but ultimately you're looking at time in a woodshop or a trip to somewhere like pier 1 or urban outfitters to buy some simple pre-fabbed frames with plexi.

i was thinking about maybe glueing them onto some kind of surface and then urathane coating it, that would look good. like maybe uerethaned on to wood or something but beware the yellowing. You'd have to make tests to make sure the uerethane don't cloud up or discolor your cut outs
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:24 am

whatever you do use acid free everything - from glue to mounting materials if you want them to last.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:24 am

i was thinking about maybe glueing them onto some kind of surface and then urathane coating it, that would look good. like maybe uerethaned on to wood or something but beware the yellowing. You'd have to make tests to make sure the uerethane don't cloud up or discolor your cut outs

nice tip, thanks! if i can get them framed for $100 i think i will. not that i have the money to get it done right now though. i want to see if i can find an original set that haven't been cut out yet, too, and maybe get that framed instead. i just need to figure out what they're specifically called. it's key-word testing time.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 12:46 pm

urethaned!
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 12:49 pm

you could dry mount them- and then frame or shadowbox or whatever..
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 12:54 pm

yeah, dry mount those kids and then frame em or shadowbox em
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm

that seems super complicated. or at least too difficult for a moron like me.

urethaned!

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Shove 'em up your ass.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:23 pm

if you live in memphis, my friend owns a frame shop and has a great eye and would definitely be able to do those kids justice. he framed some kids like that for me- he'd dry mount them and do something cool with them for around what you wanna pay.

those are really cute and im really jealous, by the way.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm

woodsy, which frame shop? I need a lot of large pieces matted for my upcoming show. I can do the framing, but not the matting.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Shove 'em up your ass.

that's MY line!
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:31 pm

village frame & art- 767-8882 his name is klay.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Shove 'em up your ass.

that's MY line!

that sounds like a Lil Jeffy Gunn line to me
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:34 pm

urethaned!
No, You're a thaned!
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 2:05 pm | Edited by: Miss Strange

If you're handy. you can make your own shadowboxes.

in wood
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_boxes/article/0,,DIY_13747_2270413,0
0.html
or even easier cardboard
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/08/diy-wednesdays-cardboard-sha dow-box.html

might look cool with them staggered in front of a black velvet background & line the inside edges of the frame with a string of black lights.
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Just tape them to the wall at crazy angles
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 8:23 pm

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?phrase=shove+up+ass&where =0&forum=&sDay=28&sMonth=8&sYear=2000&eDay=18&eMonth=8&eYear=2008&post erName=bazooka+joe&action=search&searchGo=1

shove it up your ass hole!*giggles* i just cussed..

i want my waaaaaaa burger and french cries from burger king!*sniffles*

p.s. my dad bleaches his B-HOLE!
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Shove 'em up your ass.

that's MY line!

Miss Linda says shove 'em up MY ass!!!!!!!!!!11
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Miss Linda says shove 'em up MY ass!
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 4:18 am

miss linda-

on a side note- i think you and miss klay mentioned above went to elementary school together.

confirm? deny?
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:51 am

I'd like to review:

for some reason this is crackin me up

in this thread we have Joe Diddley screaming 'look at me I said shove em up your ass first' and the above poster is attempting to reconnect Miss Linda with a gradeshool bud (after Linda has requested something be shoved up her ass). Hot.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:51 am

You should all go dry mount yourselves.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 8:16 am

shove yourself up your ass!
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 9:14 am

I'm pretty sure I said that before somewhere.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

I deny everything.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Don't deny what happened last night in the Burger King parking lot. Oooh!
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 3:43 pm

She can't deny anything with your cock in her mouth!!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 6:42 pm

decoupage!
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 8:00 pm

did someone say burger king parking lot? my daddy says thats a good place to meet people. i'm lonely,and playin with myself will only make me go blind... thats what momma says!

i want my waaaaaa burger and french cries from burger king*sniffles*

p.s. i make my own homemade mayonaise! want the recipe????
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®