Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Who watched Intervention last night?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:00 am

This girl and her little sister were molested as kid and it tore the family apart and her dad split to the middle east. Then the older sister, while in college, was turned on to inhalants by her boyfriend. She then became addicted to huffing dust remover (not pledge, but the air cans that clean dust off of computers and such) amd barely graduated. She got married and then divorced, had a ton of finacees, then got married again and was ditched by the second husband and got a herself a married with kids sugar daddy. every half a minute she'sd suck on the can of dust remover and went through about 5 cans a day. she was slobbering and falling over and could barely talk. She also was cutting her arms up with a razor, and they showed it.

This was easily the most disturbing thing i've ever seen on this show, or television on general.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:21 am

She went through 10-12 cans a day. And she was anorexic.

I think watching that laid the basis for the awesome dreams I had last night.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:22 am

did not see this - but i've huffed dust remover before - personally, i'm more of a freon kinda dude
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:26 am

She went through 10-12 cans a day.

the sickest. that was crazy when the pigs showed up and took her away. i thought she was really gonna kill herself. was waiting for the text screen at the end saying she slit her wrists or something.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:27 am

i've huffed dust remover before

got a can sitting right in front of me. hmmmmm...
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:44 am

got a can sitting right in front of me.

dude i saw defalco go into a convulsion from huffing that shit! DON"T!

do sum jenkem instead!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:53 am

I thought it was halarious!
Especially when she was stumbling thru the grave yard all high and takin hits off the spray can sayin she wishes she was "one of them".. You can't write this stuff!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:58 am

dude i saw defalco go into a convulsion from huffing that shit! DON"T!

in high school i watched my friend huff freon in his garage. he fell off his chair and was passed out on the floor for about 5 minutes and he drooled so much it almost covered the entire garage floor.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am | Edited by: Seamus

What the fuck was up with her and her sister's ears? Were they half donkey or elf or something? I was almost thinking her sister was hot until I saw those fucking wingnuts and later they revealed her powerneck, a la Rollins.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am

I saw the commercials for this show and decided it was way too disturbing to watch. Sometimes I like to watch Intervention to laugh at idiots or feel good about myself, but last night's episode looked like it would give me fucking nightmares. Seriously, how do you keep alive for that long doing that shit?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:56 am

does everyone else agree that it was the dad that molested the girls? i tihnk it was implied.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:08 am

give me fucking nightmares.

and as i alluded earlier, that's exactly what happened.

i will never shut my eyes again. not even to blink.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:32 am

mom should have slapped the shit out of her instead of bringing her pizza!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:36 am

That was so fucked up. If I knew nothing about that show and turned it on to see that chick sucking on a computer duster can after every sentence I would've thought it was a joke.

I was almost thinking her sister was hot until I saw those fucking wingnuts and later they revealed her powerneck, a la Rollins.

Haha totally. She kinda reminded me of this chick, until she started yelling and turned into a man.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 12:45 pm

Who did they send out for the intervention? Von Vonderen?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 12:59 pm

"Here's the deal. They're gonna say what they're gonna say and then you're gonna say what you're gonna say and then we're done."
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 1:00 pm

"Here's the deal. They're gonna say what they're gonna say and then you're gonna say what you're gonna say and then we're done."

That's directly after "There's a lot of people here who love you like crazy."
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 1:43 pm

I saw one episode where the family thought a woman was addicted to painkillers but she had a horrible medical condition that left her in constant pain. Max and I were screaming at the TV, we were so pissed.

The cameras found her passed out in a pile of broken dishes and called her brother, then just filmed her lying there, no ambulance, nothing. Just call her brother to come make her feel bad.

Oh yeah, the worst part of it all was like here's this woman who's in constant pain and they've called an intervention so she wouldn't act embarrassing at an upcoming wedding. Like don't ruin my big day with your horrible debilitating condition. We were laughing at her during the previews when she dripped Taco Bell down her shirt but we had to change the channel so we wouldn't punch holes in the goddamn TV
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Right before the show came on I saw the preview for it where she was acting all down-syndrome-esqe and she yelled, "I feel like I'm walking on sunshine"!!! Freaked me out, I had to flip the channel.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 1:51 pm

She then became addicted to huffing dust remover
What a stupid thing to get hooked on. Almost as dumb as getting hooked on collecting Beanie Babies. That said, I gotta keep an eye out for this show. Sounds like good tragi-comedy.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Who did they send out for the intervention? Von Vonderen?

Yup. And she was having none of it till the Boys in Blue came around.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 1:57 pm

I didn't see it, was she attractive?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 2:48 pm

this was one of my favorite episodes, right up there with the vodka-slamming southern belle who embarrassed her aged mother by showing up in a cab ("we don't ride in taxis," her mother chided) and the crazy bo derek hair-sporting ex-model who was a meth head.

am i the only one who got the total pookie adams vibe from allison? right down to the graveyard scene, she was the 21st century version of the sterile cuckoo!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Man..I watch it but I didnt see that one. Sounds like a goodie!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Right before the show came on I saw the preview for it where she was acting all down-syndrome-esqe and she yelled, "I feel like I'm walking on sunshine"!!! Freaked me out, I had to flip the channel.

That is exactly what I saw & decided hell no to nightmares!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 4:30 pm

I didn't see it, was she attractive?
She was hotter than her sister, but that ain't saying much. I'm guessing they've got some inbreeding in their family tree.

I only got to see the very end when she got checked in. The word "inhalants" popped offa the screen when I was scanning the guide, but got distracted by Luke's Parental Advisory - the best family reality show to date! Well, I guess that ain't sayin' much either, but stilll.....
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Yup. And she was having none of it till the Boys in Blue came around.

Von Vondy is getting serious lately; he'll call the cops in with a quickness, cuss a lot (i.e. "You're so full of shit.") etc. The one I saw where he was last pulling out all the stops was the meth head/alcoholic who was living in a trailer his mother paid for on her property and he kept locking himself in his room, demanding they leave "his" house and then finally jumping out the window and running. A cop finally broke him down and he agreed to go to rehab. Natch it didn't take and he came home after getting kicked out and was last seen working at a liquor store.

I too LOVED that Bo Derek/early 80's Cocaine Party Queen Mom Methhead one!!!! She cleaned up.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 6:05 pm

Two observations now that 16 hours have passed.

1) Best Show on TV
2) I am in Love
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 8:33 pm

My ol' lady loves "Intervention".

Last night's episode was easily the most fucked up, depressing shit I've seen in a long while.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:38 pm

I couldn't stop laughin. The old italian lady sremin"whateva" totally wasted. That was classic!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:11 pm

i'm so gay!
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Very engrossing...but in the wrong frame of mind can render me a quivering mess. It doesn't just chip away at your faith in humanity, it takes hearty chunks out of it. That said, I just set my DVR to "record series", for some "glad I'm not you" time...whee!!
Posted: May 4, 2010 2:47 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Posted: May 4, 2010 4:08 pm

There's a great youtube remix of her getting jumproped by the cops to the Katrina and The Waves hit.
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:36 pm

Von Vondy is irritating, but not as bad as the skinny effeminate guy with the gelled hair. Candy Finnegan is the only one who seems like she could scare anyone straight.

I had to stop watching Intervention because it made me feel like an asshole for enjoying it. The same goes for Hoarders.

Besides the duster episode, my other favourite is the one with Cristy, the young, blonde, alcoholic meth-head stripper brat with no eyebrows. The scene where she's completely nude and fighting her sister in the driveway is the best!
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:47 pm

The scene where she's completely nude and fighting her sister in the driveway

Thank you! I was trying to remember which person that episode was last night!
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:52 pm

had to stop watching Intervention because it made me feel like an asshole for enjoying it. The same goes for Hoarders.
Posted: May 4, 2010 11:45 pm

avid fan from the first season:)
lady who stashed mouthwash to drink all over the house was a pretty good episode
Posted: May 6, 2010 12:43 am | Edited by: Uptight White

That show brings back too many bad memories of former friends to watch for very long. The one thing I've noticed is how most of the addicts have been grossly enabled by people who knew better. Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night was on one episode trying to help his mega-addicted meth head son. The kid seemed hopeless. Sad to see so many wasted lives.
Posted: May 6, 2010 11:56 am

That show brings back too many bad memories of former friends to watch for very long
Posted: May 6, 2010 4:31 pm

Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night was on one episode trying to help his mega-addicted meth head son.

Papa told him not to come.
Posted: May 6, 2010 4:44 pm

Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that I should have said:

"That ain't no way to have fun, son."
Posted: May 6, 2010 11:16 pm

haha^^^
Posted: May 6, 2010 11:29 pm

The lady from South Carolina that drank out of airplane bottles, and her old, proper, southern mama and aunt killed me. That was the hardest one to watch for me.
Posted: May 7, 2010 10:10 am

All these shows are fucking WRONG. Dr. Drew. 16 and Pregnant, Hoarders etc.

Not to be high and mighty, just saying. Whatever happened to Cops?
Posted: May 7, 2010 10:45 am

The lady from South Carolina that drank out of airplane bottles, and her old, proper, southern mama and aunt killed me. That was the hardest one to watch for me.

See, my wife laughs her head off at that one, especially when they're having the discussion about the ballgame. She used to know every line.

OTOH, this week's episode (Tyler, the dude who got his brother and sister hooked on smack, to have both die later) was tough, if only b/c I had the sense it was an exercise in futility.
Posted: May 9, 2010 10:35 pm

Besides the duster episode, my other favourite is the one with Cristy, the young, blonde, alcoholic meth-head stripper brat with no eyebrows. The scene where she's completely nude and fighting her sister in the driveway is the best!

Those are two of the three I have seen. The meth-head chick was like some Peter Bagge character...I also saw the one with the old guy who was addicted to painkillers and whatnot, and would actually believe the Nigerian email scammers. I almost cried at the end when they showed him free of pain and meds, playing basketball.
OK, I did cry...
Posted: May 10, 2010 9:43 pm

tonite was utter sadness but that guy seems like he'll make it
the feeding tube lady episode was pretty rank last season;(
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®