Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Freaks (1933)
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 3:27 pm

Available to watch HERE

I tried to grab it, but the site I use blocked me, boo.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 5:43 pm

Gooble Gobble we accept you
ONE OF US!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 6:16 pm

i love freaks.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 6:17 pm

ONE OF US..ONE OF US....
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 7:48 pm

Great movie. Worm dude with a knife in his mouth = creepiest shit ever.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 7:52 pm

That dude had a kid! FREAKS is one of the best movies ever!
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 9:20 pm

Man, I looooove this movie. L-U-V!

The scene at the end where they're creeping under the wagon in the rain with knives is BONE-CHILLING.

I've had a thing for Venus since I first saw this movie as a kid. Smart talkin' dames from the 30's rule. "That's it, go ahead and laugh. It's funny ain't it? Yeah. Women are funny, ain't they. They're all tramps, ain't they?!"
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 8:47 pm

the freaks come out at night.
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 11:46 pm

the freaks come out at night.

Whodini is one of the few rap acts I enjoy, but I must join the chorus here and continue the praise of this film. Pinheads are great, and when the black dude with no arms and no legs lights a cigarette you know he means business...

People with disabilities seemed much more able to deal with their problems back then, eh? Nowadays, there's a fucking mechanism that opens ever door and a ramp to get there. Condescending, I say! Besides, every fucking kid on a fuckin' bicycle (some with training wheels even!) has to wear a fuckin' helmet. It used to be that you didn't have to wear a helmet until AFTER your head got smushed. Christ, what a fucking nanny pussy era we live in!

Back then, freaks got respect for being freaks. Now, everybody thinks they can cash in.

Anyways, great film!
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 11:55 pm

Pinheads are great

First place Zippy was published south of the Mason-Dixon was in Oxford...Commercial Appeal should drop that extra-lamo Mallard Fillmore and put Zippy on the opinion page.
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 4:38 pm

"Nightmare Alley" with Tyrone Power & Joan Blondell had the best geek theme ever!

I believe that was where geek was defined as "someone who bites the heads off live chickens"
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 5:05 pm

Freaked! is better.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®