Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / i quit smoking ciggarettes today! and now i want to KILL YOU!
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 10:34 am

i quit once before about 10 years ago.it just seemed alot easier then. i'm over smoking cigs. i hate the way they make me feel. FUCK A CIGGARETTE!
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 10:41 am

good for you dude! wish i never started
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 11:08 am

me too. i need to quit. i was about to go on a murder spree a few months ago when i tried to quit.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 11:17 am

You should take up the banjo. Because you obviously don't know shit about it.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 11:22 am

never said i was an expert on the banjo anyways! did you quit smoking today 2???
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 12:23 pm

hey tacotamale:

try this

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 12:50 pm

the old glue yer hands to yer head and hang yerself trick is fuckin last year...
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 3:18 pm

I quit cold turkey about 6 weeks ago. I'm still hacking up more crap out of my lungs than I ever did when I smoked.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 6:48 pm

Cold turkey is the way to go. Nicorette and other smoking cessation programs want your repeat business.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 7:28 pm

I quit cold turkey about 6 weeks ago. I'm still hacking up more crap out of my lungs than I ever did when I smoked.

That's 'cause your lungs are getting stronger, and hacking up stuff from the bottom that they couldn't reach before.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 9:01 pm

Yeah...I quit "cold turkey" a few years ago. People always ask "how'd you stop smoking?" I say..."uhh, I just stopped buying them."

One thing that helped me was to tell all my smoker friends not to offer or give me smokes/drags even when I asked...To my surprise, they obliged. That helped a lot especially when out drinking. Now the smell of cig smoke makes me cringe. Fucking overrated nonsense. Smoking also makes chicks ugly and stinky too. Patuey!

Good luck!
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 9:47 pm

cold turkey would have NEVER worked for me.
cut down VERY slowly, like over a 5 month period, I did.
that was like 4 yrs ago, haven't had one cig, not even a drag off one.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 11:03 pm

Stone COLD turkey...7 years and counting. Only ex-smokers know how fucking awesome we are!
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 2:47 am

I can't quit. Never. I love 'm so much.
My breakfast:
2 cops of sugar with some tea sprinkled over it, and about 15 cigarettes.
A two hours slow motion pic.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 8:21 am

that was like 4 yrs ago, haven't had one cig, not even a drag off one.

thats the "secret" to quitting: realizing that you can't have a single drag ever again (unlike our non-smoker friends). the chemical addiction returns immediately even on one puff
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:21 am

I quit 2 years ago. In the psat year I have had maybe 4 drags of cigarettes, including a drag off a kool. Everytime I have wanted to barf. Made me wonder how the hell I started smoking in the first place.

Good luck.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:34 am

Yes, in fact...I encourage having a few drags (after a "safe" length of quittin' time) you WILL hate it...no matter how drunk you are. Go ahead and convince yourself that you deserve this guilty pleasure...you will not find it. It will suck, and you will move on with your life...

(surely someone will now tell of how they started again after quitting for 'X' number of years...whatever, that is only because you are too stupid to live)
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:37 am

holy shit this is fucking harder than i thought,but still going GOOD.day number 2. i'm already hacking up fucked up shit..
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:45 am

you are too stupid to live

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:58 am

harder than i thought

don't worry, it'll get easier. just, whatever you do, don't smoke.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 12:43 pm

i never even think of cig's anymore, even when i'm fucked up. and i'm fucked up a lot. good luck.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 1:34 pm

Lighting on right now and thinking "Fuck, someday I'll quit these for good."
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 2:31 pm

Only ex-smokers know how fucking awesome we are!

Go ahead and convince yourself that you deserve this guilty pleasure...you will not find it. It will suck, and you will move on with your life...

So true! Move on! Keep it up! Stay quit but don't stay down!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®