Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THE BEST & MOST RARE GARAGE - PSYCH SINGLE IN THE WORLD
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 4:04 pm

i just saw this listed on ebay:

subject: THE BEST & MOST RARE GARAGE - PSYCH SINGLE IN THE WORLD

Starting bid: $1495.00
Buy it now price: $2800.00

For auction today: It the best in my opinion and others I played it to. Rarest? There is a sole copy in existence as far as my research has shown....and this is it. It is in EX+ condition.

I am not going to disclose the name and title of the single. I have used an art-program to blank out and alter the printed details on the label, for reasons I will explain to you if you ask me via email.

The A-side which is a preppy American-style teenybob sounding track. Label says it runs for 3 mins. 46 seconds. This is pretty much a throwaway/rubbish track.

The B-side however is a different story. It runs 2 mins. 51 seconds.
I have asked some experts and apparently it was recorded in Australia in late 60's to early 70's and is a demo-only recording. It never had a release as such.

are you fucking kidding me?! here's the link to this boner's listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BEST-MOST-RARE-GARAGE-PSYCH-SINGLE-IN-THE-WORL D_W0QQitemZ160264458968QQihZ006QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:08 pm

iI am not going to disclose the name and title of the single. I have used an art-program to blank out and alter the printed details on the label, for reasons I will explain to you if you ask me via email.

what a douche
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass "Spanish Flea"...Aussie demo edition.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:41 pm

This is reminiscent of that TV Guide Elvis flexi disc the guy at Graceland Too claims is the world's most valuable record and worth close to $10 million. It totally made sense that he would put a thumb tack through a $10 million record so he could affix it to his wall.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:46 pm

oops! I left it on my windowsill and now there are zero copies left.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 5:56 pm

It's Australian. Maybe it's "Devil Inside" by INXS?
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 6:40 pm

that guy sucks.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Obviously "PortionControl" is the guy who is responsible for
THE DEATH OF GARAGE - PSYCHE AS WE KNOW IT.

I'd call him a "cunt" but that's a term of endearment in Oz.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 8:17 pm

It's alright I guess, he edited the best parts out of the sample. He seems pretty excited about there being fuzz guitar and "phasing" throughout the ENTIRE track.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 8:39 pm

that guys the greatest! i'm dibbing on it I'VE GFOT TO HAVE IT
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 8:40 pm

lame!
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass "Spanish Flea"...Aussie demo edition.

we got a REAL early A&M Herb Alpert promo 7"... really bizarre looking. i'll scan it if hoppe didn't trash it.
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 8:46 pm

I wrote and asked him to tell me what the record is....

here is what he said:

Hi.
Like I said, I'm not interested in revealing the name or title of this record. I have my reasons. The winning bidder will get it in the mail and see all the writing on the labels including band name, song titles, catalogue number, songwriting credits, run-times, exactly where (which studio) it was recorded etc... its is all printed there - but without seeing the money/payment first, no-one will know, other than a few people in Australia I showed this to. There is no gamble on this record for anyone. If the samples you heard are not the same as on the disc or if its not graded correctly , you get full refund including your postage to me. Your exposure to financial risk is ZERO. You only stand to gain a single, known copy of an insane fuzz & phasing blaster/killer from about 40 years ago, bought from a seller with 100% positive feedback. Thats a good offer, I think.
I dont care if I dont sell it, like I said before, I'll not see another one of these again and its my loss. I think it will get some bids from people anyway (you should see the number of watchers there are right now) - I'm not worried about it at all.
With all due respect to you....it's your move.
portioncontrol

- portioncontrol
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 10:43 pm | Edited by: spyceeburrito

known copy of an insane fuzz & phasing blaster/killer from about 40 years ago, bought from a seller with 100% positive feedback. Thats a good offer, I think.

wha??
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 5:48 am

I'd call him a "cunt" but that's a term of endearment in Oz.

not usually. this guy fits the bill nicely.
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 8:25 am

it's not that rare

it's the 4th track on here

Hip!
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 10:21 am

that sounds awful...i wouldn't pay a dollar for it..
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 6:35 pm

I wrote the seller back and asked him "why can't you tell me what record it is"

this is his response:

I do not wish to disclose the name of the band or track name to people because in the last 15 years of dealing in rare vinyl records, I have told too many people in Sydney too much information about obscure and rare Australian records that I know about (and that goes for listing them on ebay for all to see)....I buy all the Pokora books, the Joynson book and other reference books on Oz/NZ prog and psych and I study them always. The result of disclosure is that they grab them first when they see them in a box cheap at the same venue as me, and I am always the nice guy with obscure knowledge but the loser as far as money is concerned. It's very painful. There is such as thing as >proprietery information< you know - and I sell records for a living (no job) and am not about to tell everyone all my secrets just like KFC wont tell you the herbs and spices they use. Get it?

e.g. I listed a copy of an Aussie LP a few weeks ago that not many people knew about for example and as soon as I sold it for $250.00 I got 3 phone calls from people here in Sydney and met 2 more in person and they were all saying: >Oh, that was a good sale I saw on ebay you made - I didn't know that even existed and its good to know about isn't it?< That makes me angry and I lose info that could make me money one day. I put in all the work and they just get the info free with no effort.
So, if you want to see all the printing on the label for this Aussie killer 7", you have to win it first by bidding on it.....sorry.
People have to pay for info like this in my opinion, where there is much money involved. Too much was free until now, esp. for this ultra rare item which is all killer, no filler IMO.
So did you listen to the track? What is your opinion of it?
thanks,
portioncontrol.

PS. There is no information anywhere about this band or single so you cannot do any check about info before you bid, anyway. As I said, if its not as I stated, send it back - full refund.
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

so dumb
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 7:23 pm

no we're dumb - music is made to be obscure and profitable!!!
not for listening!
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 9:45 pm

this is what happens when trust fund meets poser!

fuck this fag,and his gay ass RARE record that he can't name. lame poser!
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 12:08 am

bidding ended.
no bidders.
big shocker.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 1:24 am

That makes me angry and I lose info that could make me money one day. I put in all the work and they just get the info free with no effort.

please kill yourself.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 2:24 am

fuck this fag,and his gay ass RARE record that he can't name. lame poser!

Well put.

I would think if you didn't like the record, you send it back & if he didn't take it, you could turn him into eBay for misrepresenting the item in the description.

Would be nice if it was something by The Missing Links, tho'.

I ran into a similar dickhead a few days ago. He was selling a lot of 60s records & would only show the picture. The only thing you could tell from the photos was there was an Elephant's Memory LP.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 8:28 am

Elephant's Memory

love old man wilow.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:05 am

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:17 am

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 11:20 am

jade

JVB2389 (1 day ago)
90's music was the best.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 3:19 pm

sold for less than 15 bucks last week
BRAY
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 4:08 pm

this ultra rare item which is all killer, no filler IMO.

except for

The A-side which is a preppy American-style teenybob sounding track. Label says it runs for 3 mins. 46 seconds. This is pretty much a throwaway/rubbish track.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 4:12 pm

I have to have this.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 4:13 pm

at any cost!!!
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 5:56 pm

sold for less than 15 bucks last week
HA!
his auction says:
Background: As if 15 years of me dealing in rare records was not enough to make me an expert, I asked some other Aussie "experts" and they put a time frame of its recording at late 1960's or early 70's. They also mentioned that judging by their knowledge of the studio in question, that it is a demo-only recording. It never had a general release and probably a demo they put to vinyl for their own use. I strongly believe that perhaps 1 or 2 other copies may exist but whereabouts are not known. Never offered for sale before to best of my knowledge.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 6:08 pm

also, its from 1977.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Hahaha!@!! That dude is eBay's finest comedian!
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 7:25 am

Might have to move fast on Blood Duster
BLOOD DUSTER. RAREST DEATHMETAL CASSETTE IN THE WORLD!
BIN: 149 clams
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 11:11 am

thanks for them JADE links!

90s music IS the best!

move over miss jody watley, jade's in town-ah!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®