Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / you ever seen a UFO?
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 1:25 pm

i have yet to see one. Hopefully before i die, i'll see a UFO.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 1:29 pm

i have yet to see one.

yes
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Hopefully before i die

thats what i've been saying as well.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Look at the stars for thirty seconds and you will see something unidentified flying around in space. Then take some acid and they will shoot ropes into your eyes and move your head around from space while the forest demons dance around you in a circle. Or at least that's what happened to me.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 2:18 pm

They came through Portland a while back, but I didn't go see 'em. Most of the classic members are in the current band (Mogg, Way, Parker and Raymond), but no Schenker, though.

Oh, and I was convinced I saw a ufo one night when I was about 8 or 9.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 2:24 pm

saw a few

not impressed
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 3:25 pm

you've never seen a flying object you couldn't identify? geezuz fuck, what kind of sheltered live do you lead? i've only seen one that i suspect might've been little green men from space, though. was when i was a kid, we were at my grandparents house out in the country. was very dark, my cousin and i were playing outside and all the sudden there was this blinding light from above. we ran into the house screaming and everyone followed us outside into the darkness. the light was gone. can't say there was actually a "flying object" involved, but whatever it was is still unidentified, unexplained and creepy as hell.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 4:21 pm

I don't believe anyone's seen alien spacecraft, but lots of people have seen unidentified objects.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 5:42 pm

I've never seen UFO, but I saw Triumph, 38 Special, and Iron Maiden (Bruce Dickinson's first US tour) at the same outdoor concert. UFO played that fest 2 years earlier with Mahogany Rush and Nugent.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 6:00 pm

I don't believe anyone's seen alien spacecraft
Really? Check out the triangular lights that slowly flew over Arizona for like four hours sometime last year (I think it was last year). And above Russia a few months earlier. There is a cave painting in the desert from like ten thousand years ago or something of a stick figure pointing at a big triangle of lights. However, I am also a crackpot.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 6:20 pm | Edited by: miss linda

I saw a whiskey bottle today, and my ding dong when I peed all over the toilet seat in the Burger King ladie's bathroom.

GOOD TIMES!!!
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 8:03 pm

I saw what I thought at first was a satellite suddenly do a 180 once (stopped, shot off to the side, stopped, shot off backwards at the same speed). No idea what it was. I've never met anyone (who wasn't wearing trainers with a suit and hanging around in a bus station) who's seen a close up flying saucer though.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 9:40 pm | Edited by: Theresa K

i've seen UFO and a UFO - schenker on his own (walking around LA)

schenker wears clothes a space alien might covet
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Back around '94 I was driving my (then) girlfriend home which was well outside of the city. We came around a corner and saw a solid diamond-shaped light sitting in the sky about the size of the full moon. We stopped and watched it while it slowly went straight up and then diagonally down to the right...then straight up and diagonally down to the right. It did that 5 or 6 times and then shot off quick to the south and was gone.
No idea what it was.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 3:16 am

YPAFOS!!!
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 8:31 am

Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up

July 24, 2008 12:01am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 10:26 am | Edited by: Shaun A

My friend did a community radio show in about 1994 and they were supposed to have this guy on to talk about this UFO conspiracy book he'd written. The guy pulled out at the last minute, and as no listener was gonna take him seriously anyway, my friend had me go on the show and pretend to be this guy. I didn't know the title of the book so made up a title and did the interview and made up a load of 'UFO facts'.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:53 am

after Vietnam, my dad was stationed in Oklahoma to fly B-52 Bombers loaded with warheads to the Russian border every couple of days in case war broke out. I know, total Slim Pickens stuff. anyways, when it came to flying/the military/the US govt, my dad never joked around, but every few years he would tell us this story about the time he was somewhere over Alaska and he saw something similar to what Shaun and Luke Warm discussed above -- he said it was a bright orange sphere (not fiery though) that flew alongside his plane for awhile, then it zipped around and hovered in different areas, then it took off and was gone. he also said it affected the magnetics in the cockpit while it was near. I don't think he was kidding about it.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

I want to believe.
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 4:01 pm

I want to believe.

Same here. Also, love to believe in an afterlife. Will need tangible proof to go from want to believe.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 10:13 am

Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up

July 24, 2008 12:01am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Here is audio of the actual interview. Hmmm...
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Why is this stuff all over the media all of a sudden? I guess they're gearing us up for the whole "faked UFO invasion/2nd-coming via hologram technology during the 2008 Olympics so martial law can be instituted" thing.

Those big sillies!!
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Why is this stuff all over the media all of a sudden?

guerilla marketing for new x-files movie......
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Yep. Fox carries all of the UFO news. Fox are doing the X-Files movie. Did you read about the 'UFO chase' with the police helicopter in the UK a month or so ago? Which turned out to be a fire lantern? Well, Fox's coverage (after it'd been debunked) had 'actual footage' of it which turned out to be footage from Arizona from three years ago. I think theyre stirring up interest in the X-Files movie. Which is about the only 'conspiracy' that holds weight.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 4:10 pm

I think theyre stirring up interest in the X-Files movie. Which is about the only 'conspiracy' that holds weight.

This is the best conspiracy I have heard in a long time. Ha!
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 6:12 am

I saw a whiskey bottle today, and my ding dong when I peed all over the toilet seat in the Burger King ladie's bathroom.

The perfect plot for a new X-Files movie!
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 8:24 am

love to believe in an afterlife.

bradx is proof: he was harriet tubman

check his DNA
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 9:42 am

I think theyre stirring up interest in the X-Files movie. Which is about the only 'conspiracy' that holds weight.

No offense but...."they" have you programmed pretty well. Great bit of marketing with the word "conspiracy" over the years. You mention it at all and your credibility goes down the commode immediately.

So...NO conspiracy theory EVER has ANY truth to it? Magic Bullet my ASS!

Think about it like this. Would you respect someone on this boards' opinion if they kept talking about how great the White Stripes were at this point in history? They like those guys so they must not like ANY good music, right?
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 9:57 am

Would you respect someone on this boards' opinion if they kept talking about how great the White Stripes were at this point in history?

ChicoHarris! paging ChicoHarris!
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 10:01 am | Edited by: krakhaus

I was going to mention that entity but then I just pooted...
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 10:55 am | Edited by: arman

ever seen a UFO? this guy has. 1 of 14...
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 3:58 pm

P.B.S. had an hour show about "Flying Saucers".

It turns out alien spacecraft is Exactly what the U.S. Government wants you to believe,according to the show.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 4:36 pm

i have seen a ufo.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 4:48 pm

i have seen a ufo.

you are a ufo

ungodly fatheaded oaf
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:10 am

It turns out alien spacecraft is Exactly what the U.S. Government wants you to believe,according to the show.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout...
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:16 am | Edited by: paristheatre

Friends and I saw one over manhattan very soon after The Tradge. Like December 2001. While I 'could' be convinced it wasn't aliens there's no question that that was an unregistered vehicle.
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:17 am | Edited by: spyceeburrito

i just got my black orphan 45,and now there's ufo's landing in my backyard!
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 12:07 pm

One Word: ChiefDaniels
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®