Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Shoe shaped house/store in Memphis
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 8:11 pm

When I lived in Memphis, as a kid I remember there was a store shaped like a shoe, or a boot. I thought it was on Lamar, but I don't recall exactly.

Anyone know the building I'm talking about, where it is/was located, and whether it still exists?
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 8:29 pm

It no longer exists, and it was out Lamar somewhere. It was shaped like the "old woman who lives in a shoe" shoe and was a kid's shoe store.
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 8:30 pm

Miss linda hides her crack underneath the heel.
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 8:31 pm

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 8:41 pm

I went in here for shoes a couple of times as a kid when we lived in SE Memphis...also a fave in the same general area was the amazing department store, The Treasury.
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 1:02 pm

I remember being 3 years old at that store, maybe I was 5, but the main poit is this is how I began to resent interaction with other people.

I had to try on all these shoes I didn't want, and the shoe salesman, and my mom asked me if I liked them.It seems this didn't matter,and why would I be asked if I liked the shoes when they knew it wasn't up to me anyway.
Typical shopping with women,pointless!
So I had the priviledge on trying on some "Calholic school-girl" saddle shoes, and they were the ones I liked, but I still didn't get em'.
What the hell was the reason for asking if I liked them or not?
The next time mom tried to make me buy shoes there, I freaked out so loud she didn't make me go in there any more.
When I was arround 12, or 13 I saw that the big shoe had been torn down, and I said to my mom"...oh, it's too bad they tore that down...", that's when she reminded me of the saddle shoes episode!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®