Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 10:52 pm

is it just me, or did ebay just change some layout to make it completely SUCKTASTIC?

didn't anyone learn anything from google?

total myspace style crap everywhere. screw you.
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:34 pm

I just checked and didn't notice anything different.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:31 am

ebay loves the Paypal. Fuck paypal....ive tried multiple times to get on "paypal" but still..no go.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 1:54 am

ebay loves the Paypal

Uhhh... eBay owns PayPal. Stub Hub, too.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 7:57 am

i think it kicks in during searches. or maybe i was buggin.

nope!

this is at the bottom, after a series of sponsored ads, ads in a sidebar, flash ads, etc

You are currently testing eBay's new search experience. If you prefer, you can opt out of the test.

opted out.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 8:49 am

this is the second or third time they have done this and EVERYTIME their "new and improved" layout sucks skunk balls. Im just afraid one of these days the "opt out" option aint gonna be there...at least this "opt out" was relatively easy to find...the first time it was WAY hidden.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 9:36 am

Ebay doesn't allow "sellers" to leave negative feedback anymore.
the bulletin said something like:
"So buyers can leave honest feedback about sellers without worrying about sellers leaving them negative feedback."
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 10:13 am

ok, lets start the band called NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 10:14 am

Uhhh... eBay owns PayPal. Stub Hub, too.
the new yankee stadium is going to be called Ebay Park.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:04 pm

Announcer: You wanted the best! You got the best! Introducing, the greatest band in the world...100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:07 pm

eh, so i hardly ebay anything and i just won a new multitrack 2 nights ago. i paypaled right away and my money has cleared but i still havent heard a response from the seller. i know its holiday time and shit but if i dont hear from him soon what should i do? how easy is it to get money back if this guy tries to avoid me? maybe he wanted more for the unit than what i got it for and is now pissed off or something?
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:14 pm

it's totally fucked...it freezes my computer.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 1:22 pm

I just got a 60's Norma off ebay for $70. I am stoked on Ebay right now.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:36 am

Ebay doesn't allow "sellers" to leave negative feedback anymore.
the bulletin said something like:
"So buyers can leave honest feedback about sellers without worrying about sellers leaving them negative feedback."

This is the screwiest policy I've ever dealt with on there. Get this.
I just received this email:
Hi. I won the mustard seed necklace, and didn't realize it was so large. I an a small person and it looks enormous on me. Is there any chance I can return it to you and be refunded? I would be so appreciative if so. Thank you, Donna

I told her no! The size was clearly stated in my ad, and also I put a disclaimer in all my ads "Items sold AS IS. Please ask all questions now if condition is very important to you". I also direct them to my "ME" page explaining my selling practices in detail. If she leaves me bad feedback I'm filling a complaint against her with ebay (the only option a seller now has).
WHAT A CROCK!
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:47 am

Are you talking about yet another new selling layout? The old one was FINE but they keep making it overly confusing. I don't care cos they are going DOWN--Louis Vuitton won a 6 MILLION dollar lawsuit against them for the facilitation of selling counterfeit bags.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 11:09 am

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 11:25 am

Ebay needs to install a breathalyzer.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:07 pm

i can't stand that you can't leave negative feedback as a seller! but then i also read that you can't leave negative feedback as a buyer either!
i'm not sure what the hell is going on with that. i think that they have the sellers rate you rather than give you a negative now...
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:09 pm

i mostly sell...and i think they sent me a post awhile ago saying noone can leave negatives anymore coz there trying out that new rating system????

yeah, i have a girl in france who still hasn't received her 45, don't know what i'm supposed to do with that. she didn't request insurance, tracking or registered mail and i have my receipt that i sent it. awesome...
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:19 pm

eh, so i hardly ebay anything and i just won a new multitrack 2 nights ago. i paypaled right away and my money has cleared but i still havent heard a response from the seller. i know its holiday time and shit but if i dont hear from him soon what should i do? how easy is it to get money back if this guy tries to avoid me? maybe he wanted more for the unit than what i got it for and is now pissed off or something?
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:32 pm

but then i also read that you can't leave negative feedback as a buyer either!
i'm not sure what the hell is going on with that. i think that they have the sellers rate you rather than give you a negative now...

Buyers can give you negatives and neutrals. They also can give you "detailed seller ratings". If your DSRs are 4.7 (out of 5) or higher then ebay now gives you preferential treatment in how your listings show in search features.
It's totally ridiculous. This woman ("small person") is having buyer's remorse (the pendant sold for $30) and will probably mess up my ratings because of it. There's really nothing I can do, but I'm not giving her $30 back because she can't read or use a tape measure.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 4:16 pm

63 MILLION dollar lawsuit!!

EVEN BETTER!!! Die eBay die!
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 4:42 pm

Die eBay die!

Please don't say that, saispas! In spite of all the bullshit bullshit bullshit that I deal with every day on there (people are NUTS!) I deperately need to make the bucks I make on there every week.
I mean, it's not much but...
Anybody know of another auction site where people will actually buy crap from you? Emphasis on the word crap...
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:23 pm

yeah, i have a girl in france who still hasn't received her 45, don't know what i'm supposed to do with that.

dispute that shit on paypal! i'm going through that rite now .. fuck people that have no problem taking money ,but won't send the shit they sold..
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:42 pm

Oh I don't really mean it, but I'd like them to experience a huge comeuppance and have to revert back to some of their old, seller (and buyer) friendly ways. This is likely a dream, but whatever. I will always sell on eBay, but I don't do it 1/3 of what I used to simply because the profit margin is so bleak.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:55 pm

but I don't do it 1/3 of what I used to simply because the profit margin is so bleak.

no kidding. I'm totally sweating it all over here. Not to mention the postal increases...
I'm almost maniacal about my selling and shipping practices, and am totally into the whole "excellent seller" bit.
Still...it's crazy dealing with people.
The "small person" just left me feedback...
Seller was a good communicator, and shipped the item fast. Very pleased !
What the hell? I thought she wasn't pleased and wanted her money back??!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 11:25 am

She was just a lil upset.

I just sold a 1929 Model A and a 1934 Plymouth coupe for my pappy. He got around $12,000 each for them.

Buyers can leave any kind of feedback that they want as I was just given the option to leave negative.

Sellers can leave positive or nothing.
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 12:19 pm

really? fucking a...i think thats bullshit. i've had buyers and sellers suck on both ends and i do not think its fair! and although ebay and paypal can suck my balls i need to make money on there as well!
it is the only forum for me to do this right now and thats just bullshit!!!!!
i have noticed the seller end of shit where i have no choice to leave very much.
but whats with the buyers crap???
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®