Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:07 am

Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda (first quest only)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:25 am

Super Mario Bros
Metroid

Oh, and I can kick ANYONE'S ass at RC Pro AM.

those are the only 3 games I ever got for my NES.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:28 am

Gyruss is conquerable? I used to rock it a lot at the arcade. Seems like the type of game with increasingly difficult levels 'til no human could possibly play...
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:32 am

Ooops, I forgot I had Tecmo Bowl too, I didn't rule it as hard as RC Pro AM, tho.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:49 am

Gyruss is conquerable? I used to rock it a lot at the arcade. Seems like the type of game with increasingly difficult levels 'til no human could possibly play...

Well, I had to use a code. Enter A, B, R, L, R, L, D, D, U, U at the title screen and you get like 30 lives. I dunno about the arcade version, but on the NES version you go past all the planets until you get to the Sun, where you have to fight this giant robotic eyeball that sends out smaller robotic eyeballs and shoots laser beams at you. After you kill it, it tells you that the Universe is now safe.

And I will destroy ANYONE at Blades of Steel.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Softball Tengoku
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Ninja Gaiden

I can't remember if it was this one or the second one. So fucking hard. Got to the last guy with like 10 lives left kept dying.

Bionic Commando

Probably the best NES game ever. AND it had Hitler in it.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Blades of Steel.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 6:40 pm

excitebike kicked major ass!
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=m8M6ovU7Ng4
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Metroid
Metal Gear
Trojan
almost beat Golgo 13!!
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 4:23 am

gyruss was the only arcade game i got totally addicted to. i got it in the bar i worked at last year and once a month the guy would come and clean out the money and give me 30+ free credits. i'd go in early to let him in and use them all up before opening. only ever made it one warp to earth. tried the nes simulator version, kinda sucks. really need a joystick.
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 9:44 am

River City Ransom! Never beat it back in the day, but finally finished the virtual console version on my Wii.

In other news, I just beat Metal Gear Solid 4.

Never before has a game been so alternately awesome/gay.
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 11:13 am

The Legend of Zelda (both quests)
The Adventures of Link
Rygar
Ikari Warriors
Castlevania
Super Mario Bros
Megaman
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 6:00 pm

Ninja Gaiden

I can't remember if it was this one or the second one. So fucking hard. Got to the last guy with like 10 lives left kept dying.

That was what always happened to me on the 2nd one. Eventually gave up because i don't have a competitive bone in my body.
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 7:55 pm

pussy! quitter! fag!

come on boy, get up and play this fucking video game you fucking faggot ass pussy queer!
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 10:48 pm

Super Mario Bros

and

Bubble Bobble! Ha!
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 11:25 pm

Bionic Commando (killing Hitler was fun! Best NES game ever... Best fucking ending for any game ever!)
Contra
Life Force
Mega Man 2
Metroid (it\'s easier if you turn into a girl!)
Super Mario Bros. 1
Super Marios Bros. 2
Golgo 13 (tits and ass)
Karnov
Castelvania
Section Z (that\'s obscure... jet-pack space thrills!)

This list could be totally inaccurate and obscured by time. The original NES is the only gaming system I\'ve ever owned...
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 9:33 am | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

That was what always happened to me on the 2nd one

I think it was the second one.

I could get to the end stage of Golgo 13 but those goddamn lasers kept killing me.
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:33 am

Contra
Bubble Bobble
Marios

I could never get past Glass Joe in Punchout. My ability peaked at Super NES and went downhill from there.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 1:39 am

snes metroid = probably my favorite game

nes= has anyone ever played the elaborately hard star wars game ?
conqured= ,gengis kahn, metal gear, skate or die 2, adventures of bayou billy, gallaga, kung fu, mega man3 , micromachines, rush n attack, dd2, abadox, duck hunt, double dribble, YO Noid, dragon warrior
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 5:01 am

Marble Madness. I think I may be the only person in history to beat it.abadox Really? That game was hard. And pointless.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 8:03 am | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

YO Noid

The Dominos Pizza game? U R HARDCORE!

Staags needs a song about the Noid, he makes pizzas cold. Jack Stands, get to work.
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 8:58 am

Staags needs a song about the Noid, he makes pizzas cold. Jack Stands, get to work.

good call, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID THE NOID!!!
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 9:02 am

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 10:18 am

Life Force

Oh yeah, this one too. BUT, I need the code because otherwise it's next to impossible. Same with Contra, but at least in that game I could actually get kind of far with only 3 lives.

Also, re: Ninja Gaiden, the first one was always impossibly hard for me. I beat the second one back in the day, but I only just beat the first one last year, probably 15 years after I first played the damn game. The third one is really hard too, but I haven't really tried all that hard at it. Maybe that will be a summer project.
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:02 am

As of last night:

Super Mario Bros. 2
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 11:14 pm

OMG, FireNES doesn't work on Firefox 3! I need to downgrade.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 7:18 am

None
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Bayou Billy
Captain Skyhawk
Mega Man 3
Jackal
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Bayou Billy
goddamn. that game ruled. the sound effects menu was the BEST!

so was the jeep ride.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm

I just borrowed an N64....had a hell of a time beating the flame dancer (current obsession is Zelda: Ocarina of Time) , but I did the deed. I will conquer this one just like I did Zelda 3 back in hi school. But then there's Goldeneye and Rampage 2. My winter is all planned out.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
EPIC.
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Crowbar, I think you deserve one of [url=http://www.supermandolini.com/acatalog/console_wars_veteran.html] [/these]
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Damn. Just click this link...

URL
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®