Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / what happens if...
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:32 pm

you get busted driving a motorcycle without a motorcycle license?

im thinkin of gettin a cheap motorcycle but not thinkin about getting the license.... takes?
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:38 pm

You probably won't be able to get motorcycle insurance without proof of a motorcycle license. Riding a motorcycle without proper insurance is about as smart as going to a Haitian whorehouse without a condom...that's my take.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Is this why you call yourself Idiot String?
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:43 pm

i dont pay insurance for shit
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:44 pm

going to a Haitian whorehouse without a condom.

Didn't Bear Gryllss do that on last weeks show?
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:45 pm | Edited by: The Troll

Get the endorsement. Even take your local class as they often waive written/driving test. Otherwise, you'd just be another Squid. (put the last ")" on that link...)
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh, and

won't be able to get motorcycle insurance without proof of a motorcycle license

This
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:50 pm

i know how to ride a bike you fools
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:53 pm | Edited by: The Troll

Although the laws vary by state, I think most states will impound your vehicle on the spot and ticket you if you are stopped without a license/endorsement.

If you know how to ride, why not just take the fucking test?
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:54 pm

i fail every test
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 4:57 pm

Take the class then. Most states will waive the testing portion if you pass the class. Plus the class is usually cheaper than paying the DMV. Most importantly, if you can't pass the fucking test, you shouldn't be endangering my life on the road with your stupidity. Whatever. You asked, the answer is: they impound your bike and fine you, possibly worse if you don't have insurance.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 5:01 pm

thanks just curious. wisconsin doesn't require its motorist to have insurance but you guys are right. i could surely injure myself and be crippled the rest of my miserable life.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 5:10 pm

ive been driving for about 10 years with no insurance for the majority of it. never been in an accident that i caused. been in two minor accidents other idiots caused.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 5:14 pm

That'll be a great comfort for that family you collide with when they're all in hospital with no way to pay the bill - well, fuck'em, cause they'll be dead anyway, right? Fuck the man!
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Josh, MATC has a class you can take...it's $250 but you don't have to take a road test.
I'll be takin that whenever I get my bike running. I just bought a '72 Kawasaki H1 for $50(!), but she needs a bit of work.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 5:49 pm

I took the MATC class (actually run by the MSF http://www.msf-usa.org/) a few years back (2004?) and it set me back a whopping $75 or so dollars at most. It's fun, and if you're lucky you'll get to see any of the following

1. classmates getting chewed out for popping wheelies and other hotdog shit
2. classmates blubbering and crying because this manual transmission thing is SOOO HARRRD
3. classmates eating shit on the road course.

You get to spend a couple afternoons riding little 150cc bikes around in a parking lot. Also be prepared to see how retarded your new motorcycle peers are. We had a couple 17-year-olds in my class who were just dying for an opportunity to brag about doing 165mph down the freeway blah blah blah.

And by the way, riding a motorcycle sans license gets you a ticket and a couple points off your license in Wisconsin.

Also, you can get your learner's permit in WI by merely taking the written test at the DMV. It's good for a few months. You can renew it at least a couple times before taking the MSF course (or a road test) and getting your real license. I'd been riding my first motorcycle for a full year before I got around to getting my real license.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 5:54 pm

I should also note that every asshole under the sun seems to be buying a cheap motorcycle these days to beat gas prices. I've been searching around here for a beater / project bike and coming up empty handed.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 6:23 pm

That'll be a great comfort for that family you collide with when they're all in hospital with no way to pay the bill - well, fuck'em, cause they'll be dead anyway, right? Fuck the man!

Yes, that's exactly how I feel.

I can pass the test no problem. I've been around and on bikes my whole life. I've been checking out Craigslist for a while waiting for a good deal to pop up so I can snatch it up. I was just curious what the consequences are for not having a motorcycle licence. I don't know this because I'm a responsible young man that's never had to think about it before. Also, when you live in a place like Wisconsin where insurance is optional you'll find all sorts of folks without it. When you drive a 3000 dollar car, the 110 bucks a year for 10 years doesn't seem hardly worth it until.... you know.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Fuck the man!

...exactly!
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 7:54 pm

i came about an inch from hitting a motorcyclist the other day.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:02 pm

wisconsin doesn't require its motorist to have insurance

WRONG!! http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=wi
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:08 pm

they dont require car insurance, only financial responsibility, which is in reality, meaningless.
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:15 pm

check yer email, idiot...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®