Goner Message Board / ???? / Tim Russert is Dead
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Heart attack at age 58.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:38 pm

Man this sucks.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Shut the fuck up! Seriously!?!
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:44 pm

R. Kelly was acquitted and god is ANGRY!
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:44 pm

He had type 2 diabetes and was over weight.
Truly a great journo.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:49 pm

WHOOP! It’s Friday and time for a new episode of Get Drunk and Play Records!!! It’s PBR this week up in Manitowoc, and this episode features hott cutts by the Nomads, Little Killers, Dirtbombs, Deadly Snakes and a whole SHITload more!! @#%*#!! GET DRUNK!!!!!
http://blip.tv/file/get/BradX-GetDrunkPlayRecords58859.mp3
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:49 pm

just figured this thread would get more views than any i would start...
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Man, that sucks. He was my favorite.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:04 pm

his cousin was in Homicide and he once had a great cameo
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:36 pm

maybe cheney declared him "in season"?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:44 pm

the good news is John Mclauglin turns 200 this year!
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Man, that sucks. He was my favorite.

total
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:56 pm

pretty horrible when you fire up your computer and the first thing you see is a big ole photo of the guy with the headline "tim russert has died"

sad. too young to die. seemed like an all around great guy, too.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 4:23 pm

After David Brinkley retired from This Week, I became a regular MTP watcher. Russert always seemed to be more on the ball than any guest or panelist on the show, yet never came off as a stiff or a snob. I cannot think of any contemporary who comes close. RIP.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm

his cousin was in Homicide and he once had a great cameo

Very true.....not always a fan of his "gotcha" journalism, but he knew his shit....
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm

I've been watching the coverage on MSNBC and it's super sad.
They just read statements from Cronkite and Ted Kennedy!

And, the guy was from Buffalo. (I love Buffalo.)
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:13 pm

they're next. right after cool hand luke
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

they're next. right after cool hand luke
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:34 pm

I heard him coming home from the airport on ESPN GameNight and he was so great; he was telling hilarious stories about his dad driving in an old station wagon in the snow to see Bills games, throwing empty beer cans into the back seat.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 6:52 pm

My god, they just had Ben Bradley on there! On the phone! Surely he must be dead?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:06 pm

I've been watching the coverage on MSNBC and it's super sad.

Watching that right now. Really enjoyed watching Meet the Press w/ him hosting. Seemed like a great man too. RIP
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Should have been Rush or Bill O'rielly (spelling?)..
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Bill O'rielly (spelling?)..

Blowhard Cuntface is correct SP
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Charles Kuralt forever !!!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Hey look, it's the youtube version of Brad's comments..haha!

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 6:29 pm

theres all kinds of fresh loaves of knowledge from the westboro baptist oven hahaha
havent check in on them in awhile since they didnt respond after i called them out on their sunday worship. the bible says to keep the sabbath, Gods perpetual ordinance with His chosen people, there is nothing in the bible that says we can change the Lord's holy day of rest to the pagan SUN-day for our own convenience.

that was the doing of pagan roman emperor constantine, who changed the church of Jesus Christ and forced them to adopt pagan practices such as sun-day worship and x-mas, or be PUT TO DEATH!

clearly, tim russert, a devout catholic, is burning in hell right now, as are all dead catholics, for not practicing the Christianity taught in the bible, and instead holding to the traditions of men, and mary worship. he'll be right alongside fag pope john paul II, roasting on the devil's spit for all of eternity.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 6:52 pm

it's funny that you can rape and kill people and as long as you accept jesus as your personal savior in the end wind up in heaven, but if you do that and then go to catholic church you get sent back to hell

religion is wacky
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 6:57 pm

you have the responsibility to read the bible if you consider yourself to be Christian, and follow the Christianity it contains, not the mary worshipping false doctrines of men. and again, its because not everyone can hear God, for them religion is futile. that doesnt mean the catholics arent all too happy to take their money and tell them they're going to heaven though! the reality, according to the bible, is this. if you dont have the Holy Ghost in you, and if you dont hear the word of God as truth, you may as well spend your life raping and killing, because no amount of prayer and good works will save you. if you are predestined to hell there is nothing you can do to change that.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 7:05 pm

you cannot accept Jesus as your personal savior, as you put it, without him preordaining it. you cannot decide to do that any more than you could decide to grow gills and go live in the ocean! if the Lord has chosen to truly save someone, He obviously wouldnt have the Holy Spirit guide them to the pagan catholic "church". if they choose to try and go to church and seek forgiveness on their own, it is an exercise in futility and they will never truly be saved unless it is God's will that they find bible truth, and cast aside the commandments of men.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 7:22 pm

so basically all your bible lessons are for naught

if we're gonna go to heaven it's already been pre-ordained, you can't help us
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 7:38 pm | Edited by: bradx

perhaps i have been driven by the Holy Spirit to preach to you heathens for a purpose. either way, it is the will of God and i will continue to do whatever He moves me to do.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 7:46 pm

romans 1:14
I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish: so I am eager to preach the gospel to you also
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:07 pm

but by your own admission there's no need for it

I think you need to go back to seminary before your preacher career can take off
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:10 pm

the seminary is not biblical. as far as "need" its arbitrary. i am doing the will of the Lord, all things are His will. i will continue to do as the Spirit moves me to do.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm really pissed off this became a thread for your lunacy, brad.

That guy loved his religion as much as you love yours.
You should be ashamed.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:15 pm

you do know the bible makes it clear drunkards will not enter the kingdom of heaven, right?

see you in hell, don't forget your grim reaper albums
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm really pissed off this became a thread for your lunacy, brad.
why do you want give it up like that?
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:18 pm

why do you want give it up like that?

I've been drinking.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:18 pm

everybody sins. noone is without sin. therefore either God will forgive my sins or He wont, its not up to me, ALL THINGS are His will. i dont even drink that much anymore.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:20 pm

no he definitely won't

you're going to hell just like everybody else

heaven is so elite NO ONE gets in

GOD DON'T LIKE NONE OF US NO HOW!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:22 pm

heaven is nowhere
heaven is now here.

My kid showed me that.

So, how do you know if you're one of the chosen, brad? You think if you just talk, talk, talk about it you might just well be?
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 2:10 am

god spelled backwards is dog. thats all the proof i need.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 8:43 am

There was a dyslexic agnostic insomniac who would lay awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 9:15 am

everybody sins. noone is without sin. therefore either God will forgive my sins or He wont, its not up to me, ALL THINGS are His will

I'm a chosen one, so I get into heaven fo free! Right?
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 3:11 pm

YES.
everybody sins, noone can get to heaven through good works, its Jesus' gift to some that they are saved, through no actions of their own, while others, who may be good people, likewise are sent to hell.

mother theresa, for example, according to the bible, is in hell right now

“Of course I convert. I convert you to be a better Hindu or a better Muslim or a better Protestant. Once you've found God, it's up to you to decide how to worship him.” -mother theresa

mother theresa calls Jesus a LIAR!

John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 3:15 pm

It's easier for a needle to smoke a pack of Camels than for a...
wait...it's easier for a camel to smoke a pack of Salems than....crap...and I went to Catholic schools...bottom line is a lot of you ain't going to heaven.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:02 pm

YES.
everybody sins, noone can get to heaven through good works, its Jesus' gift to some that they are saved, through no actions of their own, while others, who may be good people, likewise are sent to hell.

I never understood why, in the minds of Christians, us Jews get into heaven for free.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:22 pm

jews are Gods chosen people. there was a dual covenant which covers them, given at sianai. in genesis 12:3 it is written that God will bless those who bless the jews, and curse those who will curse them. maybe you'll understand more after my upcoming sermon, prophecy = fulfilled how the biblical prophecies regarding the jewish people and israel have been revealing themselves at an alarming rate. Christians should be supportive of the jewish people returning to their homeland as is written in the Bible, for that is one of the main signs of the second coming of Jesus being near. there are several events that have to take place first however, if you know them you will be more aware that the end is near when they are eventually fulfilled. at the end of times, the remaining jews, after the war of armageddon, will turn to Jesus to save them, and He will. quite simply, the jews have a separate covenant, and are an important part of God's plan for the world. the Jews remain part of the elect. israel has a vital role in end times prophecy fulfillment.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:26 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

I never understood why, in the minds of Christians, us Jews get into heaven for free.
Is this for real? If so, perhaps my Woody Allen-esque fear of death can be eased somewhat.

I thought the reason us Jews were "chosen" was because the bible says something like the Jews must return to Israel before the Apocalypse can begin, which in turn faciliates the second coming of Christ? Brad?
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Asked and answered.

Woah, if I'm guaranteed a spot in heaven, I'm gonna start being a total jerk as of today! Tough cookies on you, gentiles.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:35 pm

yup. thats what i just wrote.

Christians should be supportive of the jewish people returning to their homeland as is written in the Bible, for that is one of the main signs of the second coming of Jesus being near.

i'll have alot more about it in my upcoming sermon, along with relevant scripture and interpretation. my plan is to have it ready for the 4th of july, with some extra commentary on that subject as well.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Hey Huge, high-five baby!!! We goin to heaven no matter what!!!
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Brad,
Hugh can't go. He has tattoos. God won't recognize him.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 5:02 pm

i would assume you are still required to follow the tenets of judaism.

“For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.” leviticus 17:11

again, though, in the end times the jews will turn to Jesus and he will forgive their sins, thus fulfilling his covenant with those whom he has "set aside"

romans 11:25 and thus all Israel will be saved...

its imperative that the temple be rebuilt in israel so the jews can be saved once and for all. only one little thing stands in the way, the most holy mosque in all of islam, where it is said mohammed ascended in to heaven, stands in the very spot the temple is to be rebuilt. i doubt they would be very pleased with the jews tearing it down to rebuild their temple. thats where the antichrist comes in... but i'll save the rest for my upcoming sermon, prophecy = fulfilled.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 5:03 pm

God won't recognize him.
I'll just whip out my ritually-cut "bizness", shout "Yo, J.C.! Recognize this!," and strut on through the pearly gates like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 5:07 pm

June 01, 2008

JERUSALEM " Jerusalem and the Temple Mount belong to the Muslims and any Israeli action that "offends" the Mount will be answered by 1.5 billion Muslims, declared the chief of staff for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

"Jerusalem is Muslim. The blessed Al Aqsa mosque and Harem Al Sharif (Temple Mount) is 100 percent Muslim. The Israelis are playing with fire when they threaten Al Aqsa with digging that is taking place," said Abbas' chief of staff Rafiq Al Husseini.

The First Temple was built by King Solomon in the 10th century B.C. It was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 B.C. The Second Temple was rebuilt in 515 B.C. after Jerusalem was freed from Babylonian captivity. That temple was destroyed by the Roman Empire in A.D. 70. Each temple stood for a period of about four centuries.

The Temple was the center of religious worship for ancient Israelites. It housed the Holy of Holies, which contained the Ark of the Covenant and was said to be the area upon which God's presence dwelt. All biblical holidays centered on worship at the Temple. The Temples served as the primary location for the offering of sacrifices and was the main gathering place for Israelites.

According to the Talmud, the world was created from the foundation stone of the Temple Mount. It's believed to be the biblical Mount Moriah, the location where Abraham fulfilled God's test to see if he would be willing to sacrifice his son Isaac.

The Temple Mount has remained a focal point for Jewish services for thousands of years. Prayers for a return to Jerusalem and the rebuilding of the Temple have been uttered by Jews since the Second Temple was destroyed, according to Jewish tradition.

The Al Aqsa Mosque was constructed in about 709 to serve as a shrine near another shrine, the Dome of the Rock, which was built by an Islamic caliph. Al Aqsa was meant to mark what Muslims came to believe was the place at which Muhammad, the founder of Islam, ascended to heaven to receive revelations from Allah.

Tamimi said descriptions of the Jewish Temples in the Hebrew Tanach, in the Talmud and in Byzantine and Roman writings from the Temple periods were forged, and that the Torah was falsified to claim biblical patriarchs and matriarchs were Jewish when indeed they were prophets for Islam.

"All this is not real. We don't believe in all your versions. Your Torah was falsified. The text as given to the Muslim prophet Moses never mentions Jerusalem. Maybe Jerusalem was mentioned in the rest of the Torah, which was falsified by the Jews," said Tamimi.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

I'll just whip out my ritually-cut "bizness", shout "Yo, J.C.! Recognize this!," and strut on through the pearly gates like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.

Awesome
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Awesome

fuckin A. And I can just see that.

So again, how do you know if you're chosen? I mean, besides the Jews who have a "seperate covenant"?
And, like, can anyone write their seperate covenant?

Oh yeah, all the religions did that, didn't they?

So again, how do you know? Is it just some kind of "feeling" you get? Or, is it for everyone who declares Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour? I mean, I really don't understand this. If you "accept the lord" how can that
superceed the predestination?

CULT!!
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:08 pm

And, like, can anyone write their seperate covenant?
No, but you can buy a separate covenant-this week only. Because I like you, I'll let you have a covenant for 10% over cost. All sales final. Mazel tov.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:16 pm

brad's trying to muddle thru all this himself

one question at a time, people
don't crowd him
you'll all get to touch his robes
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:30 pm

if you accept the Lord he meant for you to do so. if you accept the Lord and later reject Him, then you were never saved to begin with. if you're chosen, you know it, because the Holy Spirit makes it known unto you. of course the bible makes it clear that not everyone is saved, so therefore not everyone can be saved, thats God's will. the most obvious reason to believe in God is that by doing so you lose nothing, but stand to gain everything. the bible teaches us to be faithful, honest, humble, grateful, generous and truthful, and believe Jesus was Son of God, who sacrificed Himself to save your soul, that you could live in heaven for all eternity, rather than spend it in hell, among other things. by doing and believing these things you risk nothing, and most likely will live a happier life. God is, or He is not. in the words of rush, "if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice". so there are only 2 choices. if you choose God, and God doesnt exist, you have lost nothing. however, if you reject God, and God does exist, you spend eternity in hell. it is nothing less than your immortal soul which is at stake, so choose wisely.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:43 pm

the bible teaches us to be faithful, honest, humble, grateful, generous and truthful, and believe Jesus was Son of God, who sacrificed Himself to save your soul, that you could live in heaven for all eternity, rather than spend it in hell, among other things.
But since I'm Jewish, I can believe that the concept of Jesus is a load of BS and can act like a total a-hole all the time and still get into Heaven? Oh man, this is awesome! I've wasted so many years being a decent person. Where's a baby for me to abort?
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm

i would think you still have to follow the tenets of judaism.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:58 pm | Edited by: bradx

so you'd better get to work tearing down the holiest mosque in all of islam so you can rebuild your temple and get back to your animal sacrifices, Jesus killer!
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 7:05 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

Why? According to the talmud, anyone born to a Jewish mother is a Jew. One's Jewishness has nothing to do with one's level of observance. How dare you try and rain on my parade! I want my free pass into Heaven!
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 7:07 pm

I'm not so sure about that. There are A LOT of tenets of Judaism out there...wait, what am I talking about? I don't believe ANY of this bullshit!
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Wherefore my bowels shall sound like a harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kirharesh. (Isaiah 16:11)
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 7:18 pm

hey, y'all know more about jewishness than me. if you believe its your birthright and thats all there is to it, more power to ya! less message board chatter, more tearing down mohammed's mosque, please.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4345/templemountwpta9.jpg
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 9:51 pm

spent many a morning wake n baking to meet the press
i loved that guy

stuff in sale section
theyre all fucking crooks anyhow
turn off your TV's

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ponythirteen
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®