Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Does anybody know of any good record stores in pittsburgh????
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 12:57 am

I've lived here for 8 months, but i've spent about a months worth of time here ,and i don't really know of any vinyl shops! HELP!
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 2:32 am

Used to be Jim's. Don't know if it's still there. Notorious Columbus photographer Jay Brown would go there from time to time to shop. It's how he wound up with multiple copies of the 1st Mudhoney 45 on brown wax & multiple copies of the Drunks With Guns 7"s.
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Drunks With Guns 7"s.

now you can just head to clintonville and get 'em from Mikey Doskocil himself.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 3:10 am

now you can just head to clintonville and get 'em from Mikey Doskocil himself.

I would be amazed if he's still got a copy of New Wave Negro Girl. If you ever see him out & I'm out, I'd love to meet him.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 8:16 am

sorry, I was exaggerating, as usual. I think he only has headgiver in his possession. But, I have never once seen him outside of his house.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Jerry's in Squirrel Hill is (was?) really great.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 1:17 pm

No, but you can get sandwiches served with french fries and cole slaw actually stuffed onto them in Pitts-burgh.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 2:30 pm

you can get sandwiches served with french fries and cole slaw actually stuffed onto them in Pitts-burgh.

disgusting!
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 9:40 pm

<i>you can get sandwiches served with french fries and cole slaw actually stuffed onto them in Pitts-burgh.

disgusting!</i>

Not hardly. They are the mutha fukkin' jam. You can get those in any Panini's throughout Ohio, although I stopped going to the one up by the OSU campus years ago 'cause that place smelled like puke as much as the old Buffalo Wild Wings on campus.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 10:14 pm

you can get sandwiches served with french fries and cole slaw actually stuffed onto them in Pitts-burgh.

disgusting!

you're uninvited to my wedding.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 10:25 pm

Jerry's is legendary!
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 10:31 pm

i dated a girl around the corner on douglas street. she was legendary too. a great city.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Jerry's Records
2136 Murray Ave.
(412) 421-4533
If you like your tunes retro, then Jerry's Records is a treasure trove of hits. The store is crammed with records. The albums are incredibly cheap, most under $5. These prices will make you wonder why you ever bothered with CDs and iPods.
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 12:50 am

Jerry's is incredible.

I think Brave New World is still around too, for your more modern punk fare.

Wheres Steve Beat on this one?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Jerry's on Murray in Squirrel Hill
Paul's Cd's in Bloomfield on Liberty
Wicked Discs on Craig st. in Oakland.
The Attic in Milvale

You should be able to get the phone numbers and exact locations for all of those on the internet.
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Jerry's is legendary
damn placed opened at 9:30am one hot moprning last week
gotta love a joint that has the doors open 1/2 hour before it's supposed to.

after a couple of tall coffes and the Starbucks a block down Murray, I had to dump, bathroom was clean and I felt like a comfy shopper as I climbed the library ladders to look for all the tunes I walked in 7" format, the tunes I'd heard played by Caveman Ralf and his pal on 770 am via the morning show. Man, the burgh had lots of catholic radio on the am.
I even prayed the rosery via my transistor. Nothing beats a bearded freak with a radio jammed in one ear, walking along mumbling "have mercy on us"

I mean 50,000 singles on the walls all arranged in abc ordering and all priced at $3 - $5. He even has a northern soul section. I found a mint Sun Ra do-wop on Saturn and a Ruby Andrews "Casanova"

about 14 in all and the tag was just $50 (about the price ebayers want for a mint Chuck Edwards' "Bull Fight" on Rene).

Walked right buy the polka lps and all the new "punk" arrivals (those collectors who trade it all in for some cheap skag, what else you gonna do when it's "always raining in Pittsburgh"?
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 7:30 pm

"always raining in Pittsburgh"?
YEP! saw that 45 there!but it was the gay cynics version... anyways thank you alot. Jerry's is outta control ,and now ive been sneezing for a good hour from rumiging threw about a thousand 45's ,and i still haven't put a dent in what they got!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®