Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Iron Maiden roll call
Posted: May 19, 2008 5:42 pm

THis tour is all songs from powerslave tour- 1984 revisited.
June 2 in Auburn WA...

figured since we are talking 80's metal (Priest and Motorhead)
who is on I-5 that day...

a
Posted: May 19, 2008 5:59 pm

here
Posted: May 19, 2008 11:38 pm

i'm going in ny!
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:18 am

I, per usual, will be a complete poseur, because I have no money or time to tour and see them; and yet, I know a dude in Chicago (not on this board) who is going, and will buy me a t-shirt. I will wear it, and you can throw oranges at me. I don't care. I love Iron Maiden, and Powerslave sounds great to me now. If a garage band helped me pass Junior year History, please stand up.
No? No one?
Macedonian History for $200 please, Alex Trebec.
"The cutter of the Gordian Knot."
"Who is Alexander the Great?"
I win.
I love you Iron Maiden.
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:41 am

I was there in 1983 when they played the Toledo Sports Arena with Fastway & Coney Hatch.

So, no. Gonna skip this one.

Where's the reunion tour with Paul Di'anno?
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:52 am

Oh, bullshit. BULL-SHIT.
Paul was great. No denying it. But shirking off the rest of Steve Harris' bass playing is for dicks. I stoped after "Somewhere in Time", by the way, although "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" helped me pass another class.
Posted: May 20, 2008 10:55 am

I was disappointed by Powerslave when I finally heard it. I still think the Di'Anno stuff, Piece of Mind and Seventh Son are tops.
Posted: May 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Where's the reunion tour with Paul Di'anno?

Now that would be road trip worthy! Saw them w/ Bruce singing in 2000 on a triple bill and they still were great, just more prog than I remembered.
Posted: May 21, 2008 11:21 am

they are playing all songs from that era- including piece of mind -7th son and somewhere in time. with Eddie surrounded by pyramids and three guitarists.

so everybody flunks- back to class. or better yet skip and see ya behind shop class...
Posted: May 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I still think the Di'Anno stuff, Piece of Mind and Seventh Son are tops.

PS he was only in the band until 81 so he did IM and Killers only- the rest is all bruce
Posted: May 21, 2008 4:43 pm

I only enjoy Blaze Bayley era Maiden.
Posted: May 21, 2008 5:15 pm

first time i smoked pot was at IRon Maiden, Fastway and Saxon. Piece of Mind tour. I was 12.
Posted: May 21, 2008 5:52 pm

I still think the Di'Anno stuff, Piece of Mind and Seventh Son are tops.

Yeah, I know that; that was a comma, not a colon.
Posted: May 21, 2008 6:08 pm

They are in San Antonio tonight. I wish I could go, but I can't take arena concerts anymore. I'll go to about 2 a year and each time swear I'll never do it again. Stands, we just confirmed my students are opening up the Dallas and Houston stops on the Yes tour. That should be interesting.
Posted: May 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Saw them on the Powerslave tour, so count me out too. Although, if I was a plane spotter, I'd go looking for Ed Force One.
Posted: May 22, 2008 4:20 am

Killers

I loved that album, but I just don't listen to it like I used to. Some of that stuff isn't even metal, it's much more like hard punk.
Posted: May 27, 2008 3:03 pm

anyone in S town, Tac or Portlandia going?- camping at
URL Kanaskat-Palmer near venue

aces high.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®