Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ha! I knew it! Scientists prove the obvious, yet again...
Posted: May 16, 2008 4:13 pm

From Scientific American
URL Link

To find out whether orgasm looks similar in the female brain, Holstege’s team asked the male partners of 12 women to stimulate their partner’s clitoris"the site whose excitation most easily leads to orgasm"until she climaxed, again inside a PET scanner. Not surprisingly, the team reported in 2006, clitoral stimulation by itself led to activation in areas of the brain involved in receiving and perceiving sensory signals from that part of the body and in describing a body sensation"for instance, labeling it “sexual.”

But when a woman reached orgasm, something unexpected happened: much of her brain went silent. Some of the most muted neurons sat in the left lateral orbitofrontal cortex, which may govern self-control over basic desires such as sex. Decreased activity there, the researchers suggest, might correspond to a release of tension and inhibition. The scientists also saw a dip in excitation in the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex, which has an apparent role in moral reasoning and social judgment"a change that may be tied to a suspension of judgment and reflection.

Brain activity fell in the amygdala, too, suggesting a depression of vigilance similar to that seen in men, who generally showed far less deactivation in their brain during orgasm than their female counterparts did. “Fear and anxiety need to be avoided at all costs if a woman wishes to have an orgasm; we knew that, but now we can see it happening in the depths of the brain,” Holstege says. He went so far as to declare at the 2005 meeting of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Development: “At the moment of orgasm, women do not have any emotional feelings.”
Posted: May 17, 2008 2:41 am

Those nerds are just going to take that data & beat their dicks like Iraqi prisoners.
Posted: May 17, 2008 3:13 am

“At the moment of orgasm, women do not have any emotional feelings.”

Keep 'm comin'.
Posted: May 17, 2008 9:22 am

Fear and anxiety need to be avoided at all costs if a woman wishes to have an orgasm

NOW they tell me.
Posted: May 18, 2008 10:55 am

From my research I've discovered that orgasms or snorkeling are excellent treatments for mania.
Posted: May 18, 2008 11:31 am

From my research I've discovered that orgasms or snorkeling are excellent treatments for mania.

God I wish I was a girl! I'd be wearing those Magic Balls 'up there' all day long while breathing through the legendary Sexually Aroused Gas Mask!
And then I would calm down!

Probably.
Posted: May 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Here's another great study about the magical female orgasm; 'Orgasms have been described as being elicitable from any part of the body'. Finally, the nosegasm will be a reality.
Posted: May 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Finally, the nosegasm will be a reality

Euhm, do you actually have to screw the girl up her nose, or is fingerfuckin for a booger good enough?
Boning a nose would be a bit cruel.

This explains all those toegasms though.
Posted: May 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Shijiiiit, so all them girls pickin their nose are actually masturbating?
I always thought it was disgusting but this puts it in a complete different perspective.
Posted: May 18, 2008 2:40 pm

The Scientists first few records were great, but the more recent stuff sucks shit!
Posted: May 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Wrong,
they're all shit.
When will you people 'learn' this truth is out there!
Posted: May 18, 2008 3:43 pm

I don't think insertion is necessary, just a little bit of rubbing on the outside should be enough.
Posted: May 19, 2008 3:51 am

And then they'd sneeze out the snot just like that?

Last time I rubbed a girl's butt for sure.
Posted: May 19, 2008 12:57 pm | Edited by: miss linda

No one cares if a girl has an orgasm!!!
As soon as the ejaculation is over, it's time to think of something VERY important to do that involves traveling across town, alone!!!!!
Posted: May 20, 2008 1:52 pm

As soon as the ejaculation is over, it's time to think of something VERY important to do that involves traveling across town, alone!!!!!

HAH!
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:47 pm

No one cares if a girl has an orgasm!!!

Squirt & Scram
Posted: May 20, 2008 5:46 pm

The wicked ways of "love" is how Robert Plant explaines it.

.....honey, I gotta' pick up a pack of smokes and then I'm gonna swing by Burger King and the bank. Can I borrow some money? I swear I'll pay you back.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®