Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Pins in Feet?
Posted: May 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Has anyone had surgery on a broken foot and gotten a pin put in?
How hard is it to heal after surgery? How long were you laid up?
Posted: May 14, 2008 5:27 pm

Sam's gonna be in a cast for a month or more.
I went back to work at the shit hole Arcade with my cast on, making pizzas AND washing dishes. I didn't let anyone know I was in pain walking arround for 6 hours a day, but I also drank beer on the job, so I guess there wasn't really that much pain by the time ole' beer breath linda clocked out.
Posted: May 14, 2008 7:53 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

I broke my foot near the end of January and was all healed up by the end of March

without any modern voodoo at all

just wrap it with ace bandages and drink alot
Posted: May 14, 2008 8:18 pm

ole' beer breath linda

i love that whore.
Posted: May 15, 2008 9:00 am

beer, pizzas, cast, and Joe's record collection SOUND better than these possibilities

# One or more screws may be inserted across the break to hold it
# A steel plate held by screws may be drilled into the bone
# A long, thick metal pin (sometimes called a rod or nail) with holes in it, may be driven down the shaft of the bone from one end, with screws then passed through the bone and through a hole in the pin
Posted: May 15, 2008 9:53 am

i love that whore
get in line
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:16 pm

I was assaulted in late January -- double (both sides) left ankle fracture. The outside bone was broken into about 5 pieces, the inside just one break.

I have 10 screws and a metal plate forever -- in essence it's casted from the inside. as Baker illustrates above.

I am almost walking now, can get around very slowly with just one crutch. I'm expecting to walk normally (no limp) by end of summer, hope to be able to go hiking as before (i.e., uneven surfaces) by the end of the year.

This is an ankle, tho, not a foot. I had no support, could not bear weight for 2 months. Spent six weeks on the couch with my foot elevated.

Nevertheless, I am going to my first r 'n r bar show tomorrow, The Dirtbombs. Whadda recovery!
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:19 pm

My co-worker broke her foot in February and finally had to have surgery to have pins, etc. put in a month or so ago. She's still on crutches.
Posted: May 15, 2008 2:53 pm

The Dirtbombs. Whadda recovery

You haven't heard the new record I guess
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®