Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Horrible Band makes very inexpensive Music Video
Posted: May 14, 2008 2:42 pm | Edited by: queenothetwist

A good idea but I hope these people are the only ones who do this. Painful.

Unable to afford a proper camera crew and equipment, The Get Out Clause, an unsigned band from the city, decided to make use of the cameras seen all over British streets.

With an estimated 13 million CCTV cameras in Britain, suitable locations were not hard to come by.

They set up their equipment, drum kit and all, in eighty locations around Manchester �" including on a bus �" and proceeded to play to the cameras.

Afterwards they wrote to the companies or organisations involved and asked for the footage under the Freedom of Information Act.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/1938076/The-Ge t-Out-Clause,-Manchester's-stars-of-CCTV-cameras.html
Posted: May 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Well. That's that idea used up then.
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:43 pm

that's a great idea, but not when it's done by a horrible band. and they got a good sound out of those cameras. without amps even.

and here we are, talking about them, watching it, touching ourselves, etc.
Posted: May 15, 2008 9:41 am

gay.
Posted: May 15, 2008 10:29 am

best on the cheap video is that Bob Logg video where he is just sitting in a chair playing and shit tons of bras and panties get thrown at him from off camera...
Posted: May 15, 2008 10:35 am

Pretty cheap
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:11 pm

I think this is possibly a hoax. They'd have to know exactly how much each security camera could see before hauling all their shit out into the middle of the street. What if they took the time to do all that shit, and when they received the tape, they could barely be seen? Or one guy was cut off? Or "sorry, the camera was broken on that particular day".

A much easier approach would just to get your own video camera, set it up and shoot a bunch of CCTV-esque static shots of your awful band playing, and then put a bunch of noise and static filters on 'em in Final Cut. Or run them through a few generations of dubs to get static and loss. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what these guys actually did...at least in some of the shots.
Posted: May 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Huh. They obviously had money/technology at their disposal to import all that footage and have it edited competently. So this is at least half bullshit. So does that mean the idea is still up for grabs?
Posted: May 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Huh. They obviously had money/technology at their disposal to import all that footage and have it edited competently. So this is at least half bullshit. So does that mean the idea is still up for grabs?

you can do that shit on a Mac...those mac movie editing programs are idiot proof...
Posted: May 15, 2008 2:49 pm

i dunno i bet i could fuck it up somehow
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®