Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: May 14, 2008 9:01 am

I found a tick in my hair after a hike with my partner on Friday. It hadn't latched on yet, so I just pulled it out and smashed it with an ash tray. Sunday, I started getting some swelling under my eye though I didn't see a sign of any bite. Yesterday in the bathtub, I thought I saw a dark spot on my leg under the skin but no apparent entry hole. I performed a minor surgery. There was so much blood I have no idea if I removed whatever it was. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I have a Dr appointment in a couple of hours. If I die, I just wanted to thank all of you for being part of this outlet for my darkness during my recent journey of self discovery. If I've been unkind, I suspect you deserved it. Peace!
Posted: May 14, 2008 11:03 am | Edited by: Windy

Ugh - I posted about this last summer. I kept feeling them crawling on me in bed, brought to me by my cat. I can't decide which is worse, finding on stuck on or feeling them crawling on my skin.

I'm also glad to know that I am not the only one that "performs surgery".
Posted: May 14, 2008 11:42 am

Worst year EVER at our house...My male Old English Sheepdog was covered in em...had to shave him down...they don't like my female OES.
Posted: May 14, 2008 11:50 am

Make sure he checks for Lyme disease!
Don't take no for an answer.
Posted: May 14, 2008 11:53 am

Make sure he checks for Lyme disease!

is this how it happened? they wear skirts still in east germany?

URL
Posted: May 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Bwahaa
that was funny Baker...

but I'm outa this one,
cause I wasn't kidding,
this is serious shit.
Posted: May 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Ticks love me. Wherever they bite me tends to swell up and itch like mad for months afterward. Spiders cause the same reaction. Definitely check for lyme disease and that other one, ehrlichiosis. A colleague of mine ended up with that=bad news.
Posted: May 14, 2008 12:22 pm

this is why you'll never see me in the woods. bugs suck!
Posted: May 14, 2008 12:24 pm

this is why you'll never see me in the woods. bugs suck!

I'm with you on this one! Yech.

(Oh, and good luck at the dr. to funnysmartname)
Posted: May 14, 2008 3:50 pm

Shit. I didn't get checked for lime disease. She says I have an infected tear duct causing the irritation in my eye. She inspected my suisurgery wound and says it doesn't appear to be from a tick. I think she made that up. I don't see how she could tell after my needle and tweezer butchering. I need to find a new doctor. I believe she has been infiltrated by big pharma. I overheard her telling a nurse that she thinks some cholesterol medicine should be added to the drinking water.

(Thanks Jahna)
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Ticks are like Ron Paul --- just want some of your blood and not pay for it
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:49 pm

That is a terrible simile.
Posted: May 15, 2008 2:25 am

Get another doctor, this one is obviously a nutjob - have him/her check your blood for Lyme and that other thing. Don't ask, tell him/her you want it checked.
Posted: May 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Ah ha! The stuff I did get out of my leg was like tiny bits of stringy dried blood or Something. The doctor said she didn't see anything else in there. I just took a good look at it for the first time since seeing her and there was still a little something in there. She had to have seen it. Then the antibiotics had bits of blue fiber on them and as far as I have read are not indicated to prevent lyme disease. Obviously I have morgellons and my doctor gave it to me at my check up a few weeks ago. We all know they may be nanotech robots. Perhaps I am becoming a cyborg. Anyway, I got some all natural bug spray to prevent future ticksteria.
Posted: May 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Couple years ago I went on a morning hike, came home and showered, hung around the house, went out to dinner, was getting into bed when I discovered a tick clinging to my, shall we say, deep groin. It came off cleanly but there was an angry red mark where it had anchored.

Unsettling sure but out here in CA there's tons of fence lizards which apparently have an enzyme in their blood which when feasted on by the tick nymphs will neutralize any Lyme in their little vampire bodies. Didn't seem to do me much harm, so I guess it's true. Hooray for lizards!
Posted: May 19, 2008 1:00 am | Edited by: Joe Perry

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®