Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / can you recommend a decent volume pedal for guitar?
Posted: May 12, 2008 4:48 pm

I bought an MXR but it didn't seem to do much. Any suggestions?
Posted: May 12, 2008 5:08 pm

darling, SUPER HARD ON!!! total pedal hopping like dinosaur.
Posted: May 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Crank it to 11, then leave it there.
Posted: May 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Volume pedal? that's just like the vol knob on your guitar. they are all identical. Overdrive/distortion/boost pedals are all a little bit different, everyone has their own personal favorite.
Posted: May 12, 2008 10:07 pm

MXR like Micro Amp?

Micro Amp is great volume/drive boost for bass.
Posted: May 12, 2008 10:12 pm

Posted: May 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Posted: May 13, 2008 1:07 am

fender twin
Posted: May 13, 2008 2:01 am

MXR like Micro Amp?

Micro Amp is great volume/drive boost for bass.

Yeah, that's the one. Never tried it for bass, just guitar.

fender twin

I got one of those, but the pedal will be primarily used with a Silvertone 1484.

Ernie Ball looks cool, but I already have a tuner and the price tag on the Dunlop is more appealing to my broke-ass.

Thanks dudes!
Posted: May 13, 2008 3:42 am

I have a very nice one that also is a tremelo pedal for $99 bucks. It is rare and good. You can control your volume or switch it over to crimson and clover mode. email me

chuckvicious at g mail dot com
Posted: May 13, 2008 9:43 am

Before you buy that Dunlop, know that it feels like a wah pedal. Depending on what you want it for, it may be worth the money to get something else. It doesn't have any resistance like a keyboard volume pedal, if that makes sense, so if you're wanting expressive swells (god I sound gay), it's probably not going to be what you want.
Posted: May 13, 2008 9:58 am

lots of eggs
Posted: May 13, 2008 12:52 pm

The main thing I need it for is for a boost during solos. Just on for solos, off during verses/chords. So thanks for the tip on the Dunlop!
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:24 pm

boost during solos

or you can use an eq pedal or my fave: the electro harmonix linear power booster. its a "tube eater" but sounds gooood.
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:28 pm

The main thing I need it for is for a boost during solos. Just on for solos, off during verses/chords. So thanks for the tip on the Dunlop!

I'd suggest a clean boost then- it's a lot easier just to step on it and not worry about ending on just the right position... And some you can add gain or just boost the unaltered signal. But that's another option.
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Did it really take me 4 minutes to type that? I need a nap...
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:42 pm

i'm telling you: super hard on. it's the best and looks the coolest.
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:47 pm

I've had my Ernie Ball for at least 25 years...still works like a champ...but the micro amp is perfect for a lead boost...it don't color your tone.
I love mine...now if I could just play lead....
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Earnie Balls break.

NEVER buy an Ernie Ball Volume/wah new. As shure as jews save money, that motherfucker is gonna break. I've owned 3 in my life, and will NEVER buy another
Posted: May 13, 2008 2:14 pm

go with the dunlop, theyre built like a tank. my organ's volume is broke and i use one just to crank the solos and its great!
Posted: May 13, 2008 2:28 pm

NEVER buy an Ernie Ball Volume/wah new

Mine is a volume only...I bought the never break model...it was a little more expensive than break soon model.
Posted: May 13, 2008 2:31 pm

I bought the never break model...it was a little more expensive than break soon model.

That sounds like it might be worth it in the long run...
Posted: May 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Ernie ball...stereo pan pedal...it supposed to be used to pan between to different lines/amps, but if you use it on just one amp, you are just panning to an empty channel, so you get total silence...most volume pedals dont give you total silence when you have the volume low/off, you still get a signal...so if you are doing some sort of volume swell, pedal effect things..the pan pedal works a lot better than a regular volume pedal...plus it has the reverse switch so you can change the direction instantly...just like switching your signal "on" without the latency of pushing the rocker all the way to "up"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®