Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / iron man movie
Posted: May 5, 2008 9:07 am

is kick ass. liked it more than i thought i would. robert downey, jr. makes a great tony stark.

comic book nerds will want to sit through the credits for the final scene, just like x-men 3.
Posted: May 5, 2008 9:26 am

We were surrounded by a bunch of rude assholes that were being loud, talking on cell phones and smelled fucking horrible (guess what race?) and I still dug it.
Posted: May 5, 2008 9:28 am | Edited by: Windy

I liked it too. We went to a showing before noon, so the rude assholes weren't awake yet.

damn - we might have to sit through it again - we missed the final scene.

i'm looking forward to the new Frank Miller flick that they advertised
Posted: May 5, 2008 9:59 am

(guess what race?)

spics like iron man?
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:12 am

I went yesterday. And RDJ: great. Loved him and really enjoyed the movie. He just might be a new crush of mine. Fucking Gwyneth was so tall, hot AND cute I wanted to stomp her with the KILLER heels she wore throughout.
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:15 am

And......I wanted a glass of whiskey sooo bad watching that movie. Every other scene was someone drinking the water of life on the rocks. Yumm.
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:39 am

Fuck the whiskey (although now that you mention it.....) I wanted one of those iron man suits!
Posted: May 5, 2008 11:40 am

Robert Downey Jr. was perfect as Tony Stark. We need more alcoholic superheroes.
Posted: May 5, 2008 11:41 am

I wanted one of those iron man suits!
Do they make them in a "relaxed" fit?
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:23 pm

Do they make them in a "relaxed" fit?

It form fits your body but makes you look shapely and proportional. Why do you think I want one so bad?
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:26 pm

I was talking about me
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:29 pm

how hard is it to take that thing off if you want to take a quick piss or crap?

tony stark better stay away from the beer & mexican food.

i'm confident this will be addressed in iron man #2.....
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:57 pm | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

how hard is it to take that thing off if you want to take a quick piss or crap?

tony stark better stay away from the beer & mexican food.

i'm confident this will be addressed in iron man #2.....

He has a colostomy bag. I heard the scene where his robots struggle to jam the catheter into his urethra is going to be one of the deleted scenes on the Director's Cut DVD release.
Posted: May 5, 2008 5:07 pm

rude assholes that were being loud, talking on cell phones and smelled fucking horrible

Kings among men!!!

I can't wait to get kicked out of a movie theater AGAIN!
Posted: May 5, 2008 5:11 pm | Edited by: miss linda

He has a colostomy bag. I heard the scene where his robots struggle to jam the catheter into his urethra

He has a Fowley catheter.

The urethromeatus is NOT a stoma goddamnit.
Posted: May 5, 2008 6:17 pm

Loved Iron Man. Robert Downey Jr. has been on my list of movie star crushes for a while. He's lookin' HOT!
Posted: May 5, 2008 7:41 pm

bad ass...most fun Ive had at a comic book movie ever..although Batman Begins was great as well..I agree that Downey was perfect as a bazillionaire genius alcoholic...good times.
Posted: May 5, 2008 7:55 pm

I was going to start this thread the other day, but didn't get around to it. The girl & I are miffed 'cause they upped the price of the 10:30 am movie from $4.50 to $5.00, but we will manage.

Movie's pretty good, too.

Batman Begins was great as well

Good for you, but I thought it was too long & not very good.
Posted: May 6, 2008 5:17 pm

Batman Begins was great as well

Good for you, but I thought it was too long & not very good.

I hate all movies featuring white ninjas on principle.
Posted: May 6, 2008 6:04 pm | Edited by: miss linda

I like Black Sabbath.
I especially like hearing "I am Iron Man" (the electronically harmonized vocal intro) on the movie trailor.

yeaaaaaa OZZY!!!!!
Posted: May 6, 2008 6:09 pm

yeaaaaaa OZZY!!!!!
He wasn't in the Ramones.
Posted: May 6, 2008 6:35 pm | Edited by: miss linda

He wasn't in the Ramones.

Good for him!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaa OZZY!

Joey, Lemmy, Ozzy, LUX, and Iggy are the best R&R singers of ALL time.
Posted: May 6, 2008 7:49 pm

i dug it. and the cgi didnt bother me
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:42 am

I'm lightweight wet...

In development:
* Iron Man 2 (2010) - Distributed by Paramount Studios - April 30, 2010 release[1]
* Thor (2010) - Writer Mark Protosevich engaged. Directed by Matthew Vaughn. - Distributed by Paramount Studios - June 4, 2010 release[1]
* The First Avenger: Captain America (2011) - Distributed by Paramount Pictures - Writer David Self engaged[1] - May 6, 2011 release [2]
* The Avengers (2011) - Distributed by Paramount Pictures - Writer Zak Penn engaged[1]- July, 2011 release [3]
* Ant-Man - Writers Edgar Wright & Joe Cornish and Director Edgar Wright engaged[1]
* Nick Fury - Distributed by Paramount Pictures - Writer Andrew Marlowe engaged - Samuel L. Jackson engaged, has cameo as Fury in Iron Man [1]
* Black Panther - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
* Dr.Strange - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
* Hawkeye - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
* Shang-Chi - Distributed by Paramount Pictures
* Cloak and Dagger - Distributed by Paramount Pictures

I'm looking forward to Dr. Strange & probably will be going with Donovan "Smashy Smashy" Roth! Guillermo del Toro likely to direct it.
Posted: May 7, 2008 9:51 am

* Dr.Strange - Distributed by Paramount Pictures

They should get that guy from the Supranos with the whitewalls to grow a moustache and play him while maintaining his "italian gangster" style of speaking.

Pure Gold I say!
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:37 am

Gwyneth was so tall, hot AND cute

Ick, she's a total skag.
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:45 am

Ick, she's a total skag.

Man, she wore the dress like a samurai weilds a katana, but the girl & I thought she looked much better as the librarian versus having her hair down at the benefit.
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:17 pm

Ick, she's a total skag.

Liar!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®