Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Flight of the Concords
Posted: May 3, 2008 2:15 am

Have you guys seen this? Is it new? My husband just sent it to me and its hilarious. I laughed out loud a number of times, and that is how I grade these things.
Posted: May 3, 2008 2:57 am

this show is amazing. it's fairly new... i think it debuted about 1 year ago on HBO. they're shooting a second season right this very moment. mother flippin high-larious!
Posted: May 3, 2008 3:06 am

kiwis make some funny shit. there was a great show called "Back of the Y" which a friend send a couple of seasons of. well worth checking out.
Posted: May 3, 2008 3:20 am

Rules the shit!!! I just bought the 1st season DVD. Also check out Jermain's flick ""Eagle vs Shark". Great too! Fuckin' Kiwis are funny, mullets and all.
Posted: May 3, 2008 3:46 am

These guys interviewed us a couple years ago at SXSW. I had no idea who they were. They weren't funny. One of 'em asked us if we liked any music from NZ 'cuz he thought it'd elicit a humorous stretch of silence and I started flapping gums about Flying Nun junk; the disappointment in the air was palpable (which is natural anytime I open my mouth). Approximately 2.2 seconds of the interview appeared on the show.
Posted: May 3, 2008 9:04 am

I saw it. I didn't like it much. Maybe I hate to laugh, but I was recently introduced to the Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, which made me laugh til I cried.
Posted: May 3, 2008 11:16 am

meh - not funny
Posted: May 3, 2008 11:20 am

I am surprised how many people actually wrote and said they LIKED it! I was all prepared for all of you angry old fucks to be like "I saw it and it did not meet my high expectations of funny that I meet everyday from my living room" or whatever.
Posted: May 3, 2008 11:24 am

I did not see it, nor have I seen it, but it does not meet my high expectations of funny that I meet everyday from your mom's house.
Posted: May 3, 2008 11:36 am

Now THATS funny.
Posted: May 3, 2008 1:03 pm

"I saw it and it did not meet my high expectations of funny that I meet everyday from my living room" or whatever.

trust me - I don't have high expectaions about funny, I like 'Tim & Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job' fer chrissakes (now that shit is FUNNY) - I just thought it was not written very well & seemed like it was made for indie stoners or some shit... a buncha hype.
Posted: May 3, 2008 1:33 pm

Now if it were about Garage Rockers living in the trashiest (but also coolest!) kitschy apartment in, say, Memphis, and periodically breaking into Garage Rock songs about their lives and problems and stuff, then A++++ hi-larious.
Posted: May 3, 2008 2:05 pm

Now if it were about Garage Rockers living in the trashiest (but also coolest!) kitschy apartment in, say, Memphis, and periodically breaking into Garage Rock songs about their lives and problems and stuff, then A++++ hi-larious.

Another guy and I actually hashed out the better part of a few theater sketch comedy shows that had this same general theme. Although, the sets were both a crappy apartment and a rental storage area where they practiced and constantly had problems.

As far a Flight of the Conchords goes, I thought it was amusing but not awesome. There were two episodes that were extremely funny thought and they were the one where they hired an actor to fool their manager that they would be signed and the last episode of season two which had to do with the members splitting to create their own bands. Demetri Martin was on that one and I think he's funny.
Posted: May 3, 2008 5:43 pm

you angry old fucks
The girl who told me to watch it was the angriest, almost oldest, and definately ugliest girl in my school, and I still gave it a shot. Just goes to show...never listen to ugly people, they look like that for a reason.
Posted: May 3, 2008 5:58 pm

i mainly laugh at how they can't talk right
Posted: May 3, 2008 6:05 pm

I think none of you fuckers are funny.
Posted: May 4, 2008 12:42 am

i've seen a few episodes and while i laughed a few times, i felt a bit gay whenever i did.
Posted: May 5, 2008 9:54 am

Kristen Schaal is reason enough to watch this show, she plays possibly the best character on television with her SUPERFAN- Mel.
Posted: May 5, 2008 11:16 am | Edited by: bowie

The girl who told me to watch it was the angriest, almost oldest, and definately ugliest girl in my school, and I still gave it a shot. Just goes to show...never listen to ugly people, they look like that for a reason.

Yeah, its been proven over and over that the beautiful people are the only ones worth listening to. I mean, just watch that show the Hills! They are CONSTANTLY saying smart stuff. Or Miss America pageants. Thats where I look for advice about the world. It only makes sense that those are the people you are taking advice from. Not those stupid uggos! Lord knows they don't know anything!

Sheesh.
Posted: May 5, 2008 12:00 pm

Kristen Schaal is reason enough to watch this show, she plays possibly the best character on television with her SUPERFAN- Mel.
Ha! Yes, her stalking powers are amazing.
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:02 pm

there's a giant chipmunk-faced bitch in my backyard
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:19 pm

Don't throw stones Fabio.
Posted: May 5, 2008 4:02 pm

i live in a mirrored house, foo! if i throw stones, i can't gaze upon myself...
Posted: May 5, 2008 4:28 pm

Possibly the most boring record to come out so far this year....
Posted: May 5, 2008 6:06 pm | Edited by: frankenspline

I like the show well enough, but if I found myself listening to their "records" or enjoying their "live show" I'd feel like a complete douche-tool.

Plus I hear their tickets are going for $300 on ebay and what have you. A song-and-joke routine by two "indie-comedian" twats that nobody gave a shit about 16 months ago is most certainly NOT worth $300.

And I bet you $5 it's all recycled shit from the show that everyone just wets themself laughing at for the tenth time anyway because "OH MY GOD I'm standing in a sea of people who are also laughing!"

and afterwards, everybody drives their Passat wagons over to Ikea.
Posted: May 5, 2008 7:00 pm

Seen a couple episodes, laughed some.
But I liked it better when it was called Tenacious D.
Posted: May 6, 2008 5:19 pm

But I liked it better when it was called Tenacious D.

It was also much funnier and more talented then.

GREAT JOB!
Posted: May 6, 2008 7:29 pm

I like the show well enough, but if I found myself listening to their "records" or enjoying their "live show" I'd feel like a complete douche-tool.

Have to agree with you there.

Looks like good business for Sub Pop though. Straight into the charts at #3.
Posted: May 6, 2008 9:29 pm

Man, I remember when Sub Pop was treading water in 1999 with bands like Nebula, etc. I'd shake my head at every press release that dribbled in across the student radio "rock" inbox. But now they're as highly regarded as Matador was back then. OH INDIE-ROCKE, FICKLE BEAST YE IS.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®