Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / r.i.p. albert hoffmann
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 9:58 pm

glad i got that half hit in last week while he was still alive.

r.i.p.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:24 pm

He was still alive?!!

"In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away."
-AH
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:45 pm

rich- we ought to look into a few hits and a ride home from that mudhoney show in pontiac!
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 11:56 pm

He was still alive?!!

I was amazed, myself. I saw him on some half-baked ethno-botany pseudo-documentary an the History channel a weekend or two ago (that would intermittently play the Dead doing "DarkStar") interviewing him past his 100th birthday. HOORAY LSD!
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 3:43 am

Awesome work, Dr Hofmann. Your work here will never be forgotten.

Go easy, bro! RIP.
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 8:28 am

Your work here will never be forgotten.
Thanks for making me more concerned with how cool carpet-fibers look!
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am

Thank you for ruining my life, Albert.
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 1:07 pm

(T)R.I.P.

I did a real bad (but funny to me) acid thing once for a goof...back in college me and my long haired dirtbag friends threw a keg party and we all dropped...these 2 goth kids show up drinking wine from wine glasses, sticking out like a sore thumb and they decide they wanna drop also, so we give them a couple hits. I dont know if it was the music like Blue Cheer and the MC5 we were blasting a a ridiculous volume or just the scene, but the two goth kids started to have a really bad trip...instead of saying "its gonna be alright" I told them they were probably gonna feel that way for the rest of their lives...I dont know what happened to those two...
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 1:09 pm

hahahaha
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 2:21 pm

gonna feel that way for the rest of their lives...
that is for sure you could tell them at that point.
You should have added 'So we're going to take you to the police station and let them figure it out for you'
Posted: May 1, 2008 2:41 am

Posted: May 1, 2008 8:54 am

i like how at the end of the obit it says "oh yeah, shrooms. he invented those too. no biggie."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®