Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / LCD HDTV Televsion Recommendations
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 7:58 pm

I am looking to buy a less expensive LCD TV of around 37". I would like to spend the least amount but don't want the TV to implode for at least a few years. Any ideas, suggestions, issues, etc.?
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 8:16 pm

We just got a 42" Vizio at Costco for $1000 a few weeks ago. I like it...it's big and it's flat and it has pretty pictures on it...and sometimes even good shows.......but I have nothing to compare it to, duh.
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 10:13 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I have massive concerns about the longevity of lcd TVs myself. I just recently got my first lcd computer monitor and LOVE it.

But, how long do lcds last? I've had my 27" regular crt tv (curved screen, and with built-in VHS even) for 4 years. I bought it used for $50. I'm too poor and/or scared to blow more than $100 on a TV!
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 10:22 pm

I've just recently noticed TV programming that was made for HD shit only. Ghost(something), a new show on one of the lesser broadcast netoworks. Title sequence had all kindsa shit outta frame.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:18 am

just got an LG lcd when it was discounted 600 bucks... so far, perfect. all the inputs i need, audio out (yes!)... now i just gotta pay for it.

sheeeittt.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:30 am

I bought some off-brand one (Akai) at Sam's Club in 2007 and it crapped out in about 8 months. I took it back to Sam's and they refunded my $$$ in full, no questions asked (well, a couple questions, but no arguing). TVs had really come down in price over those 8 months so I was able to buy a name brand (Phillips) one and still had money left over for a bunch of steaks.

I guess the point is, get one from Sam's or Costco because they have the best return policy / customer satisfaction. and typically you'll save enough right off the bat to cover the membership fee.

also, those Vizio ones seem pretty good. My local watering hole has two of them, they have been turned on 12-20 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last two years without fail.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:40 am

i saw a vizio ^ 32" at kamrt this weekend for like $700 or something like that. seemed like a good price but I was wondering if vizio was buddy.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 10:21 am | Edited by: Will

i came within an inch of buying that very 37" Toshiba this weekend.ended up going with the 32" Toshiba cause my living room is pretty small. They're moderately-priced, and seem to have a good rep. They typically run a bout 50$ more than the Vizio's (which if I'm not mistaken are Sony's "off-brand" so I'd imagine they're fairly solid as well.), but unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, the colors on the Tosh just looked a bit more lush.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:07 am

I've got an olevia and it's been fine. It was only about 600 bucks.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:59 am

Got a 26" Sony Brevia for my 40th bday from dad and it is GRRRRRRREAT! It is just the right size for us, but then we don't own a Wii like Eric and Jeanine!

(I think they are going on sale right now too.)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®