Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 9:24 am

was beefheart in the wild?
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 9:39 am

yeah...estate sale
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 10:03 am

sick.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 10:37 am

Vegas Souvenier I don't know. Was yours pressed on like lavender swirl vinyl? Mine was, but for all I know, maybe they are all like that.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah, lavender swirl.
Posted: Aug 29, 2011 7:05 pm

had sone credit for working at a local antique store and picked up the surfin bird lp with it. finally!
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 8:29 am

Partch invented his own system of music and his own instruments. Crazy shit.

Picked up the reissue of The World of Harry Partch the other day. It's really great.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Awhile ago I bought a copy of The Druggies "Hate Your Fucking Guts" 7" for 50 cents (marked down from a dollar) at Extreme Noise. I see on Popsike somebody paid over forty times that for their copy.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 2:39 pm

found a copy of this 45 on El Saturn...I didn't think it actually existed, thought it was just an acetate or tape they dug up for that Sun Ra:The singles CD back in the 90s and I could find no evidence of it on the internets...guess it is pretty darn rare, love this tune.

Posted: Sep 30, 2011 2:46 pm

I picked up a copy of 'My Brother The Wind' this week too.
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 6:05 pm

met a dude today at the post office. i was dropping off reocrds, and i saw he had similar packages going out. i asked him if he was also in the reocrd business and it tunrned out he lives across the street from me and has a internet record/ book store. i went over there and poked around for awhile and it was mostly really lame/ common records that i couldn't believe people actually bought, but apparently they do. anyway, we were both pretty excited that we had the record thing in common, and i when i pulled out a couple 45s i wanted and asked him how much they were he just gave them to me. this was one of them:

http://www.popsike.com/Brownie-McGhee-Harlem-2323-Christina-Worrying-O ver-You/170402151797.html

i don't know what it's actually worth, but man is it ever priceless!
Posted: Sep 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Good one!...I've been looking for that...
Posted: Oct 1, 2011 11:33 am

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 11:47 am

Awesome.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 1:10 pm

http://www.popsike.com/Brownie-McGhee-Harlem-2323-Christina-Worryi ng-O ver-You/170402151797.html

i don't know what it's actually worth, but man is it ever priceless!

Nice! I've played that 78 out a few times and every time: 1. people ask who it is, and 2. they're surprised that it's Brownie McGhee.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 1:23 pm

Let me get this straight, Bazooka Joe-you were checking out some strange dude's package at the post office and then you two went home together and got excited and you pulled out and he gave it to you? Sounds like a little more than record collecting was going on. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 1:23 pm

it's not the same version from the 78. this one's straight r&b.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 1:45 pm

it's not the same version from the 78. this one's straight r&b.

huh! News to me, thanks.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 3:24 pm

And you aren't in the record business. Techincally, you have to actually SELL records for business to have transpired.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 3:31 pm

we're selling loads of records, but thanks for your concern!
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 3:49 pm

Btw SCORE refers to record collecting not dudes you meet at the post office and go home with.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 3:53 pm

even if i go home with a bad ass rhythm and blues 45? dang.
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 3:57 pm

Do you actually have ears?
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 3:58 pm

yes.
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Boliver Shagnasty Yo-Yo / Tapping That Thing

$1
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Also,
London Records, Rolling Stones Time Is On My Side / Congratulations
Couple of Willie Mitchell Hi 45s in o.k. condition (but play really well) and some Stax 45s in great condition
Olivia Newton John - A Little More Love
Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out / Chinatown w/picture sleeve

All for a dollar each.

If anyone has an VG+ ONJ - Magic 45, I will trade my NM Gap Band - You Dropped the Bomb On Me
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Couple of Willie Mitchell Hi 45s in o.k. condition

i've been spinning "up-hard" a lot. howard grimes played on that one!
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 12:52 pm

The Willie Mitchells I grabbed are great. Was really suprised about the Boliver Shagnasty, though. Dude had a milk crate full of 45s that looks like he'd just dumped them in there over the years; edges scratching each other, no sleeves, linda rondstadt mixed in with various children's records and a few soul records. No artist name on it, just a red label with FUN Records and Tapping That Thing on the label. The other side said Yo Yo, and I figured it was another kid's record but I thought the other title was hillarious, so I bought it for a dolloar and didn't think I'd be out anything if it sucked.

It is NOT a kid's record.
It does NOT suck.
Definitely blue, and Yo Yo has a line about a girl playing with her yo yo and an ink pen, but later gave birth to a child of diverse ethnicity.
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 2:48 pm

you should make an mp3 of that for us. sounds pretty weird.
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 8:45 am

Posted: Nov 28, 2011 8:48 am

YEAH!

hahahahaha!!

woooooooooooooo!!!
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 8:49 am

scored a copy of this, love it
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 9:55 am

Was pleasantly surprised to find this 78 at my hometown's Salvation Army, which is usually nothing but gruel:

Posted: Nov 28, 2011 10:02 am

everyone's getting cool records but me.
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 10:41 am

What else is new?
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 10:55 am

Weird. That record above actually has Boliver Shagnasty printed on it. Mine didn't; if it had, I would have bought it without hesitation.

I also picked up an old single side promo record made in Knoxville for some guy trying to convince people to make a will.

I have a bunch of records of music, but over the past few years I've been collecting all these weird spoken-word records from the 40s - 60s. Sermons, "the secrets of a good salesman" stuff, communism and why the lord hates it, the trouble with vietnam... Most of them are only good for listening to for just a bit, but the covers for some of these things are amazing.
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 11:53 am

What else is new?

everything but your sound.
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 8:04 am

really digging this 45:

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:28 am

coming soon in the mail. it wasn't cheap:

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®