Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / JAY REaTARD in TV GUIDE?!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 6:48 pm

stuff in sale section
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZponythirteen

REIGNING SOUND @ GONER sealed
blank dogs
hozac GOLD
black n whites with HISS LAB tape
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 6:50 pm

oh yeah pink reason......sealed
teenage panzerkorps
whitehouse
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 9:08 pm

i thought i already said that i have friends in bands and i sell everything they give me on ebay, it really increases my self-esteem
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 10:34 pm

SELL IT NOW!
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 11:02 pm

dear clubber lang, i suggest beers at louies in the near future
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:42 pm

my self esteem is top notch
my bank account on the other hand is not so hot.........

naked on the vague in chicago tonight
need to throw an arm and a leg in the gas tank
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:44 pm

that teenage panzerkorps record IS top notch
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 6:42 pm

as long as it's not top shelf, save that for my hype machine.
Did you get all of those records from promoting shows here in town?
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 4:05 am

Ben Swank gave Jay props in a Guardian Guide feature last Saturday, too... that'll be his first appearance in a national UK paper, I reckon...

"Underground, overground, Wombling free..."
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 1:26 pm

wHOAH: From Jay's MySpace:

Dear Toronto,

Body: Last night's show in Toronto got completely fucked up. The Silver Dollar holds 190 people but Craig Laskey the promoter let 350 people in there. That's cool if there's some sort of security or crowd control - we don't need people getting so wild they jump on stage and smash our gear - but that's exactly what happened. Right when we started playing someone pushed the monitors right on top of Stephen and on to his pedals - breaking them, people were throwing beer bottles at us, a someone jumped onstage and smashed my pedals, another guy took a full pitcher of beer and dumped it all over the rest of my pedals, and then threw it right at my Flying V, breaking the pickup and the input electronics. After three songs all our gear was smashed and unusable. Even when shit gets that crazy at Circle Jerks show there's at least some security but when I asked Craig Laskey about it before the show he told me "I thought you guys were a garage band." When we couldn't play anymore I hung out and talked to people, refunded people's money out of my own pocket, and tried to borrow gear and finish the set a bit later but Dan Burke wouldn't get off the stage, too busy talking trash about me.

I'm getting really sick of shit like this happening. We'll come back in Toronto soon and do a free show to make it up to the real fans in Toronto. And we'll steer away from greedy promoters who don't have any control of their shows and who don't care about doing right by the audience.
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 1:29 pm | Edited by: ottawarockerdude

here's a story on it from Exclaim:

Jay Reatard Walks Out During Toronto Gig
4/18/2008 By Cam Lindsay

Don’t expect Jay Reatard to visit the city of Toronto any time soon. Last night (April 17) the boisterous Memphis rocker played a gig in the Big Smoke to support his series of seven-inches for Matador and during the fourth song, he unplugged his guitar, yelled, “I’m done” into the mic and headed off stage. Of course, there were a string of events that led to Jay’s retirement.

The first was a flying object that came in the set’s first song, “Blood Visions,” which was soon followed by a stage invasion. Some overexcited and/or drunken spectator jumped on stage bumping into Jay, who then grabbed the guy, punched him and began to tear his shirt off. No doubt frustrated, Jay gave a warning and continued with “My Shadow” and “Oh, It’s Such A Shame,” when a beer jug was tossed at the front-man, who immediately grabbed the jug and threw it hard into the crowd. When the band kicked into “It’s So Easy,” the endless mic bumping by the ravenous front row caused Jay to pack it in and make a bee-line for the exit.

Stunned, the crowd unleashed a barrage of boos and chants of “pussies!” and “we want our money back.” Reatard …quot; who had left the venue - refused to return despite his band’s persistence to stay around the stage area.

When most of the club emptied, the band were hanging outside looking both pissed off and apologetic. Selling merch at a discounted price, Reatard’s bassist Stephen Pope explained what pushed Jay over the edge, saying, “He just had enough after they spilled that drink all over him and his gear.” He then nervously joked, “I think they wanna kill us. I don’t know how we’re gonna get all of our gear out of this place!”
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 1:32 pm | Edited by: ottawarockerdude

and some videos!:

punch

not sure who the hell dan burke is, but here he:

they played ottawa wednesday - to a smaller and soberer crowd - and it was great, if less eventful
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 2:00 pm

nice punch!
sucks 2 or 3 idiots had to ruin it for the other 300+ people.
still, you reap what you sow.
audience attack me? me attack audience!
that logic rarely has a happy ending.
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 3:20 pm

TV Reatard.
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Hahaha, wow he really nailed that kid.

Walkin off stage is nothing new for Jay. I saw him do it after 2 songs at a Lost Sounds show because the owner of the bar wanted them to turn their amps down.
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 3:28 pm

Ouch!
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 3:54 pm

looks like that punch almost landed in his throat.....that woulda been great...........dead kid, murder rap........and i just sold my last reatards single.......never did get my hands on that black lips dinner plate, but i got some spits skull necklaces due to a bi-polar disorder and the landlord taking the windows out of the building........gave him his wacky packs back though...............ima hafta check out that hype machine.....hope it doesnt make your eyes bug out and your chin swell up.
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Posted: Apr 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Their even talking about this over at the Metal Sludge board.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153180&sid=19eb167a48 8645819d766abad182cd76
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Wow. One guy unplugs Jay's guitar and another guy pours beer on his pedals. At least thats what it looks like to me. Jay had every right to be pissed. If your gonna do that shit then why the fuck did you pay to see the show?

I think people are doing this just to get on youtube.
"look at me! i got punched in the face by JAY REATARD!"

Don't take this shit Jay. Don't take that shit EVER!

JAY RULES!
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Don't take this shit Jay. Don't take that shit EVER!
another problem solved...
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Totally!
Posted: Apr 20, 2008 11:44 pm | Edited by: dale

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153180&sid=19eb167a48 8645819d766abad182cd76

His first solo album "Blood Visions" is fantastic. Got all the hooks and catchiness of Nirvana with the hyperdistortion and manic pace of mid-era Husker Du.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 6:42 am | Edited by: Ding Le Dangle

Canadians rule....huh huh huh hehhehhehhehhehheh
Yeah! hahahahahihihihihihihihi!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 8:52 am

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 8:54 am

classic.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:10 am

show review on chartattack:

Jay Reatard Punches Audience Member, Walks Out On Show

April 17, 2008
Toronto, ON
The Silver Dollar Room
By Cameron Gordon

It was battle of the bands night at The Silver Dollar. Except instead of high school cover bands vying for studio time, we saw a cerebral "three way dance" pitting Memphis madman Jay Reatard versus fans versus bookers in a beer-soaked battle to the death. The fists were flying good and plenty, and what the concert lacked in actual music, it made up for in spectacle.

Montreal's CPC Gangbangs warmed up the crowd and their proficient take on hardcore went over swimmingly with the sweaty masses. Almost as impressive as the band's musical dexterity was the bassist's "plumber butt" which he showcased with a certain big city panache throughout the set. The CPCs are absolutely torrid in performance and are definitely one of the finest punk bands in Canada, especially if you're predisposed to the finer cuts from the SST catalogue.

Reatard set up next and with a pair of mongoloid bandmates in tow, his deliberate, lurching mannerisms were a bit tough to swallow, especially considering he unleashed a good six or seven loogies before he even played a note. A few mumbles opened the set and the show was over within 10 minutes. Reatard managed to make it through three-and-a-half tunes including punk gems "It's So Useless" and "My Shadow." But between-song horseplay sent everyone home early.

Things started to go pear-shaped when an audience member sauntered on stage and Reatard landed a haymaker to the back of his noggin, ripping the fella's shirt for good measure. Reatard then chose to use an empty beer pitcher as a percussion instrument as he hurled it off some guy's forehead. Maybe it was the same guy whose shirt got ripped. I couldn't tell from my vantage point. Either way, Reatard was somewhat miffed.

The insults flew and before long, Reatard stopped playing, packed up his Flying V guitar and escaped on to Spadina Avenue, never to be seen or smelt again. Silver Dollar booker Dan Burke picked up the cause and dove into the audience to engage in some lively fisticuffs with yet another patron as the crowd, by and large, seemed pretty amused by what just took place.

Promoter Craig Laskey tried his best to save face minutes later, but the chaos had devolved to the point where Burke was taunting Reatard with jibes like "Jay Refund" and referring to the walk-off as primordially low class. (Amazingly, Burke never spilled his drink during all this chicanery, unless I missed something.) It was a total mess of a gig but certainly one that will go down in infamy, if nothing else.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:13 am

Reatard set up next and with a pair of mongoloid bandmates in tow
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:27 am

Man, sounds like someone's gonna have to include a couple of Tragically Hip songs on his next record to appease the Canadians.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:11 am

funny punch picture:
http://www.formertransformer.com/photos/12313.jpg

That pic would be my next album cover!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:22 am

"former member of the Reatards, The Lost Sounds (GREAT band), and so many other projects past and current (kinda like Phil Anselmo)"

This needs to be the new bio!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:31 am

The sideways hat that douche is wearing in the photo made the punch completely justifiable.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:10 am

The backwards hat wearing guy mouthing off is the one that needs a good taste of the Reatard fist.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:16 am

The backwards hat wearing guy mouthing off is the one that needs a good taste of the Reatard fist.

here's classic footage of 'backwards hat wearing guy' getting a good taste

(same dude, dan burke getting clocked by the hospitals)
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:28 am

Oh man...crucial...that made my day....at 1:42 in that video....that dude gets the shit whacked out of him by the guitar player.
ACE
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:30 am

Fucking. Ouch. The above link should be link o' the day.

ct
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:33 am

Dan Burke owes me money!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm

reminds me of Damaged, Black Flag lp. PUNCHY PUNCH!!!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Dan Burke owes me money!
you owe me money!! remember that crack i gave ya..you and Sagger!!OOOOOO..!!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Those Canadians were doing what they thought was "punk rock"
LAME!
After Jay punched that idiot, he should have pulled an AXL Rose and jumped in the audience to continue the beat-down.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:57 pm

mongoloids in tow?
i'd love to see someone find a better backing band/rhythm section
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Man, sounds like someone's gonna have to include a couple of Tragically Hip songs on his next record to appease the Canadians.

April Wine covers please.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Jay Reatard is the Any Winehouse of Punk!

hahaha
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 7:57 pm

here's classic footage of 'backwards hat wearing guy' getting a good taste

(same dude, dan burke getting clocked by the hospitals)

I remember the 1st time I saw that video I was wondering "Why isn't the guitarist doing anything-oh wait!"

Dan Burke was selling Hospitals records at the next few shows he put on, and was offering to autograph them.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 9:22 pm

I wanna see Jay Reatard play GR Michigan..hopefully he can punch a few christian punks. That would be funny.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:12 pm

The guy John Dwyer crunched was Dan Burke? Is that true?!?!
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 6:35 am

BRUTAL KNIGHTS - FACE OF DEATH

"you never are not doing something
your pain is felt by none
you are a jerk, dan burke
your list of boffs is wondrous
a golden catalogue of names
20% of your plans are terrible
but they sometimes work
why are you unclean?
you could be king."
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 8:04 am

I wanna see Jay Reatard play GR Michigan..hopefully he can punch a few christian punks. That would be funny.

agreed
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 11:04 am

funny punch picture:

nice locust tattoo faggot!
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 11:12 am

I can't help but notice the look on EVERYBODY'S faces...even the guy about to get punched...smiles all around
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 12:34 pm

funny punch picture:

nice locust tattoo faggot!

plus he's wearing a hartford whalers hat...he deserves the smack just for that.
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 12:39 pm

..smiles all around
he's the typical show douche nozzle, trying to start a pit and stage dive and shit when no one else is into it
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Is that Zoe at the front?
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 1:03 pm

it always cracks me up when kids up here ask me if I know him.

"whoa... you know jay reatard... AND lucero.."

kids these days.
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Yeah, that's Zoe. Great picture.
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 4:19 pm

goddamn that hospitals guitar smash is brutal.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 9:58 am

new footage!!!! (c/o wfmublog)
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 11:40 am

This article's pretty funny.

What's up with locust tattoos? I'm unfamiliar with this trend.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 12:28 pm

All this shit would have been almost interesting if Reatard himself hadn't been way more violent in the past towards bandmates, bands touring with him and fans, without being provoced.
Fuck that pussy.
Posted: Apr 28, 2008 12:46 pm

and no matter what angle: that footage looks like Barry White having a 'homosensual' party
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®