Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Oakland Record Shop
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 6:37 pm

From seeing a lack of underground local shops in the area, Ive decided to open my own, tentatively called Rich Bitch Records. It is located downtown on 17th and Jefferson(in between San Pablo and the Fox Theater on Telegraph). Im trying to make this the main plug for Bay Area bands, and also will have a website/mailorder up soon. Any local distributors/bands, those with personal collections of any rare stuff they want to sell, or anyone else who wants to help get things rolling and get whatever else into the shop, email me at terrorizethetown@hotmail.com(or just reply to the post i guess) Id like to have an opening party in a couple weeks with a few bands as well. Lets put some life back into rock n roll over here---zz
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 6:38 pm

records are cool!
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 7:17 pm

ya they are. where the hell can i get a new needle in this town? im glad my friends bringing a record player for the shop at least
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Where's New Oakland? Sounds awesome.
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm

It's in Louisifornia, stupid.
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Remember that red hot cayenne peppers album, louisifornication?
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am

that is a great area. you got Flora right across the street there, and that weird bookstore. once the Fox theatre is finished being refurbished there will be a lot more foot traffic too. Good news.

There is a record store really close to you, but it is overpriced and everything is beat up:
Funky Soul Stop
1811 Jefferson St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 452-2452
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:06 pm

where the hell can i get a new needle in this town?

You can get a new needle from the Sound Well in Berkeley on University Ave. They'll have what ya need to fix up any ol' record player and are pretty nice dudes.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm

awesome!

I'll be sure and check it out the next time I'm in town.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:38 pm

it is overpriced and everything is beat up

agreed. fun too see it once, at least. http://flickr.com/photos/pheezy/92862566/
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 5:43 pm

where the hell can i get a new needle in this town?
Needle exchange program...probably at the AIDS clinic for people w/o insurance.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Oaksterdam!
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 4:50 pm

"Rich Bitch Records" .... Rich Balls Records Would be a better name
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Funky Soul Stop
1811 Jefferson St
Oakland, CA 94612

That place has some cool stuff, but yeah, kinda pricey...they were havin' shows on sundays for a while too, but that was years ago
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 5:19 pm

ya i just checked out the Soul Stop the other day. pretty solid stuff. anyway, im the one that made this post. Since then I got screwed over other parties involved and now they owe me alot of money. Once shit is settled I definitely want to try and start somethin else up without cats like that to drag me down. I feel like Ive been making alot of good connections for vinyl in the area. Too bad cause Rich Bitch couldve been a decent spot. Its up to you guys if you wanna support them, but it seems pretty heavy metal to me now anyway. and thanks for lettin me know where I can score a record needle(among others)---zz[
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 11:58 pm | Edited by: jerkalert

I was stoned outt my mind the other day and I saw flyers for RICH BITCH RECORDS and could not stop laughing about it. Not all that funny now, but at the time...

ANOTHER new "Punk" record store just opened in Oakland. 1234GO! Records on 40th. Haven't been. I don't care for records.

m the one that made this post. Since then I got screwed over other parties involved and now they owe me alot of money.

You got screwed over in 6 days??? Sux.
Posted: May 3, 2008 12:31 am

yeah wtf? no more record store?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®