Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / ATTN: Chicago musicians who are too cool for school
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 7:34 pm | Edited by: Jay

You're all going to participate in this Rock Lottery to benefit Girls Rock! Chicago.

You show up at Danny’s Tavern (1951 W Dickens Ave) Thursday, May 1. You put your name in pool. They pick random names and you get put in a band with strangers, friends, enemies, transsexuals, whatever. You have a month to write a song and then play a show at the Abbey Pub on Thursday, May 22. Obviously all the money goes towards a good cause.

So all you fuckers go do this. I don't want to get stuck in a band with someone who's going to get all jam band on my ass.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 8:14 pm

I don't want to get stuck in a band with someone who's going to get all jam band on my ass.

if you were any kind of a man you'd get all garage turkey on their ass.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 9:37 pm

I don't want to get stuck in a band with someone who's going to get all jam band on my ass.

well that OBVIOUSLY counts me out.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:34 pm

HEY FUCKERS

this is in two days.
go do this.
if you don't, i'll fuck your girlfriend.
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 10:39 pm

nice legwarmers!
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 2:31 pm

nice legwarmers!

totally! my mom's hot, right?
Posted: May 1, 2008 9:54 am

i know Arman is going to go tonight, because he's a real man.

but (now is the time for reverse psychology) the rest of you can stay home like little girls.
that's right! little girls!!!
you all fucking suck!
you couldn't write a song to save your life!
you're all scared, and pissing your pants!!!
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:00 am

what time is our date, jay?
Posted: May 1, 2008 10:16 am | Edited by: Jay

pick me up at 6 for three hours of hand holding & tea bagging. then we'll head over to Danny's at 9.
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:00 am

i want to go out for a beer or two tonight but do not want to go to danny's.
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:08 am

go to beat kitchen. nervous fingers first show. should be good.
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:48 am

Can you please expedite the writing process of your weirdo song, Arman? Have it ready for me by Mother's Day...thanks.
Posted: May 1, 2008 11:50 am

i want to go out for a beer or two tonight but do not want to go to danny's.

you're crushing the souls of little girls everywhere.
Posted: May 1, 2008 12:33 pm

you get a month to write a song? Thats an awful long time...the Rock Lottery In Denton, TX you draw names at 10AM and by 10PM you have to have written 5 songs and play them that night (one cover song maximum in your "set")
Posted: May 1, 2008 1:24 pm

you're crushing the souls of little girls everywhere.

when you find something you're good at, you stick with it. that's my motto.
Posted: May 1, 2008 1:37 pm

you get a month to write a song? Thats an awful long time...the Rock Lottery In Denton, TX you draw names at 10AM and by 10PM you have to have written 5 songs and play them that night (one cover song maximum in your "set")

i think the strategy is to get the people talking about it to their friends and promoting it for a month before the benefit show, to "build a buzz" as they say in the industry.
the meat packing industry.
Posted: May 1, 2008 6:34 pm

the Rock Lottery In Denton, TX you draw names at 10AM and by 10PM you have to have written 5 songs and play them that night (one cover song maximum in your "set")

so denton is still over run with jazzbo music school nerds in ska bands?
Posted: May 22, 2008 11:36 am | Edited by: Jay

The show is tonight. Go to it. Let's cut and paste:

Girls Rock! Chicago is a great organization. They've busted their asses to bring you this unique live music experience. Now they just need plenty of bodies there to make it a success. What else were you planning on doing tonight anyway? Then head to Abbey Pub for fish n' chips + Rock Lotto.

The dirty details....

What happens when you randomly group a bunch of local musicians into 7 bands and give them three weeks to prepare a set? A Rock Lottery! Join us Thursday, May 22nd (Tonight!) for a night that is guaranteed to entertain.

The Rock Lottery Benefit Show will feature seven bands comprised of local musicians who were grouped together through a random, lottery style drawing. Each band decided on a name at the drawing, and has just three weeks to prepare a set, including at least one original song, which will be performed at the Abbey Pub on 5/22.

The beauty of this event is that it forces musicians with an extremely broad range of styles and backgrounds to work together - not unlike the camper experience at GR!C Summer Camp. Our amazingly talented [and adventurous] participants include members of The Laureates, Hidden Mitten, Coupleskate, Blue Ribbon Glee Club, Three Dollar Bill, Coldcock Jones + the Shithawks, In Miniature, Love of Everything, Little Red + the Hoods, Chin Up Chin Up, and Gay Baby, among many others.

This will be our last benefit show until next fall, so stop by to see an amazing show while supporting a great cause. All proceeds will benefit Girls Rock! Chicago's rock camp for girls.

Rock Lottery Benefit Show
Thursday, May 22nd [Tonight!]
9pm, doors at 8pm
$6 in advance, $8 at the door
21+

FEATURING, for one night only:

The Juicers
The Bunnies
The XYs
The No and Knock it Off!
Panels
Jehovah’s Wetness
Have you seen the trailer for the movie Son of Rambow?

Hosted By: girls rock! chicago chicago
When: Thursday May 22, 2008
at 8:00 PM
Where: Abbey Pub
3420 W Grace St
Chicago, IL 60618
United States
Description:
girls rock! chicago chicago
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®