Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Oblivians live DVD at Best Buy?!?
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:14 am

JUST KIDDING!
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:59 am

it's as if somehow today were an appropriate day to spread falsehoods passed off as fact, and then humorously retract these statements when the "victim" has been sufficiently fooled.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 8:17 am

when best buy first opened they actually had a pretty kick-ass selection of cds for a chain store. i was able to stock up on a lot of blues & soul pretty cheap that i couldn\'t find elsewhere.

but after that first wave, they never restocked.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 9:00 am

when best buy first opened they actually had a pretty kick-ass selection of cds for a chain store. i was able to stock up on a lot of blues & soul pretty cheap that i couldn\'t find elsewhere.

i remember going there in the mid 90's and finding some of the most ridiculously cool yet under the radar/ small-time (not budget, per se) label reggae comps ever.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 1:01 pm

I don't think it sounds terrible far-fetched to see an Oblivion record @ Best Buy. I hope that is in the near future. It's 2008. Almost any release with a barcode can wind up in Best Buy, Target, or Wal-Mart.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 1:08 pm

oblivians live dvd doesnt exist so its pretty far fetched...
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 1:12 pm

Dtrain said he saw 'Standing in the Spotlight' at Wallgreens for a dollar.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 1:14 pm | Edited by: miss linda

I'm willing to bet Jack Yarber has one. He seems to have EVERYTHING on video...... said he sold his last copy to a Best Buy in Nebraska.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 1:38 pm

I know this guy who swears he got a copy of Sore Loser at a Target type store in the cheap DVD bin????
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 2:23 pm

Someone told me the same thing along those lines about Sore Losers. If I recall-the person who told me about it said it was one of those 'Drive In Movie' type packages where they put two or three movies on the same disc.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 2:32 pm

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 5:53 am

found "go pill popper" at a thrift store stuffed in a waylan jennings lp jacket
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 6:21 am

Really? Why not? I mean, I see the April Fool's joke, but kee-rist, someone's gotta have some decent footage. Eric? What gives, my ninja? There really needs to be a New Bomb Turks DVD, by the way.
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 9:01 am

That live footage of the Oblivs on New Year's circa ??? at Location X where Jack and Greg are both wearing Union Jack flag tees is fucking killer. And the footage from Japan where Seiji introduces 'em and as soon as they start playing it's just a WALL OF NOISE, everything clearly on 11. Somebody put that shit on a DVD with the VaVa spot featuring El Vez and vids by the Pagans, Chrome Cranks, etc. I'd buy it.
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 11:43 am

isn't there The Official L'il Stevie Garage Rock section at Best Buy? so not so far fetched, if it existed
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 11:44 am

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 7:39 pm

What's the deal with the "Live at Joe Wilson's" video? I'm interested because that's my name.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®