Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / DR PEPPER Calls Axl Rose out...
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 9:45 pm

13 million in recording expenses? Jesus christ! Where do I sign??!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Have they *heard* Chinese Democracy? Not even worth a flat Dr. Schnee.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 10:24 pm

I have heard the leaked stuff its shit.. When The Moneychangers opened for Tommy Stinson afew years ago.. I asked him when it was gonna come out he " Had no fucking idea"... but he was " making ALOT of money"... I also heard that they have like 5 full cds of shit done????Shit is the key word I bet..
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Have they *heard* Chinese Democracy?

yeah but have you tasted Dr. Pepper? Not worth Velvet Revolver.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 10:29 pm

if the stuff thats leaked is the best theyve done its no wonder it hasnt been released. as soon as it is and sells waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below expectations, axl's star quality and earning power will be greatly diminished.

as long as people are waiting for it, they are talking about it. once its released and flops it will be dismissed and the new GNR will be lucky if they can get a gig at the local county fair.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 11:39 pm

nice weave.
(sorry, too easy).
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 12:05 am

I never thought such a stodgy old Soft Drink was really so hip... they even have a blog!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:59 am

China has ensured it won't happen before the Olympics, if ever. Dr. Pepper better watch their ass that they don't get hauled in for questioning as dissenters.

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 7:39 am

once its released and flops it will be dismissed and the new GNR will be lucky if they can get a gig at the local county fair.

Bullshit. Axl's GNR could sell out soccer stadiums all over Europe and South America.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 7:58 am

China has ensured it won't happen before the Olympics, if ever. Dr. Pepper better watch their ass that they don't get hauled in for questioning as dissenters.
I was just thinking, they should give every chinaman a Pepper if the Chinese govt. goes democratic...
Axl's GNR could sell out soccer stadiums all over Europe and South America.
And cancel every single one too...but sreiously, kudos for putting Tommy Stinson and Buckethead on the same stage!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:46 am

Axl Rose looks a lot like Jane Child.

With about as much talent.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:33 am

nice weave.
(sorry, too easy).

I think he looks unbeweavable!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 10:40 am

We know once it's released, people will refer to it as 'Dr Pepper for the ears'

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 10:55 am

My friend Ron just reminded me of this:

"On the December 20, 2000 episode of the Late Show with David Letterman, Letterman jokingly referred to Dr Pepper as "liquid manure". After a representative of Dr Pepper complained, CBS agreed not to rerun the Dec. 20 episode. Letterman repeatedly made assurances on the show that he was joking"
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 1:01 pm

quit spamming us with your fucking
sailor jerry bullshit. half rate vice motherfucker.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Weird part us every other place that I seen this story-any included links take you directly to the Dr. Pepper website and/or blog...except for this one. It's link directs to Sailor Jerry.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 1:12 pm

It's link directs to Sailor Jerry.

The "Dr Pepper" of rums!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 1:29 pm

dude is owned by sailor jerry.
rum sucks.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Pssshh..

I posted it up on the blog last night when I read about it. There's a link to the Dr P Blog and a link to the Billboard article I lifted it from.

Whiny babies.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 3:37 pm

So instead of directing people to actual story-you had to make sure you got your click through first?

Being called a whiny baby by a dude who works for a marketing firm really stings.

Don't you have some t-shirts to shill?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 4:06 pm | Edited by: dale

Since 1988, GYRO has developed innovative branding programs for a select group of discerning international companies.

What these companies all share is a sense of adventure, a disregard for the status quo and an understanding that traditional mass market advertising is only ever part of the picture.

http://www.gyroworldwide.com/casestudies.php

half rate vice motherfucker

Not a big Vice fan but at least their writers do a little more than just re-write one sheets and press releases.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 4:39 pm

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=sailorjerry.c om

Registrant:
Gyro Worldwide Advertising, Inc.
114-120 South 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
US

Domain Name: SAILORJERRY.COM
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:01 pm

...but even with that said Sailor Jerry's is distilled by William Grant and Son who do make quality stuff. I won't deny that it's a very good rum but the street teaming bullshit does get kind of annoying.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Well, next time some asshole on the internet pisses you off, kick back and relax with a smooth Sailor Jerry's Rum & Dr. Pepper. On the rocks or by itself, the winning combination of Sailor Jerry's Rum and Dr. Pepper carries you to a better place.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:14 pm

i never said vice was
any good either.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Well, next time some asshole on the internet pisses you off, kick back and relax with a smooth Sailor Jerry's Rum & Dr. Pepper. On the rocks or by itself, the winning combination of Sailor Jerry's Rum and Dr. Pepper carries you to a better place.

Shouldn't "better place" be linked to the Sailor Jerry blog?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:42 pm

When will this turn into Nick Diablo part II?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:52 pm

An oversight. I guess I've got weak shill skills.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:04 pm | Edited by: dale

Sailor Jerry Music Program

The viral music program we created for the Sailor Jerry website has a heck of a lot to do with the brand's amazing success.

Because we pick bands that have huge underground cult followings, their legions of fans find their way back to the Sailor Jerry website - which results in more sales.

The music program delivers on average 150,000- 200,000 people a month to Sailor Jerry. Com.

and

And, the best part about it is, GYRO 100% owns the brand (in conjunction with the heirs of Sailor Jerry's estate). We started Sailor Jerry from scratch back in 1999 and have grown it into a multi-category lifestyle brand that makes everything from jeans, to jewelry, to glassware- we've even done some very successful licensing deals with Converse to make shoes and William Grant and Son's to make Sailor Jerry Rum.

Sales will surpass $20 million this year (web sales alone are over $150,000 per month). And we've done this with nearly NO traditional advertising. Instead we rely on a supremely savvy viral music- marketing program on the web.

So before you hire your next ad agency or brand development firm- do a little digging to see how they market themselves. We guarantee you won't find a case study as compelling and successful as this one. What we know about guerilla brand building isn't just theoretical; it's a proven reality.

Eastwood guitars are the new business suit...
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:08 pm

fuck off wewhowait!
take your faggy sailor jerry
rum bottle and jam it up your ass!
your kind ain't welcome around here!
rum is gross!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:09 pm

When will this turn into Nick Diablo part II?

Scottie Diablo.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:13 pm

Scottie Diablo.

Done.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:30 pm

What's up with Buckethead? Caught his show with Axle on Mtv awards. Very cool to see them jammin' together...Bonaroo this summer?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:35 pm

What's up with Buckethead?

Buy his rum?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Hee=Haw!!!!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 7:32 pm | Edited by: dale

Hee=Haw!!!!

Dinner? Done.

Me, I'll just enjoy my Wild Turkey and Cola.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm

wewhowait
Member Posted: Oct 25, 2007

My sole reason for doing this shit is to get more people to listen to things I think are good... just like any other blog.

--

we pick bands that have huge underground cult followings, their legions of fans find their way back to the Sailor Jerry website - which results in more sales

The music program delivers on average 150,000- 200,000 people a month to Sailor Jerry. Com.

Sales will surpass $20 million this year (web sales alone are over $150,000 per month). And we've done this with nearly NO traditional advertising. Instead we rely on a supremely savvy viral music- marketing program on the web.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:00 pm

we pick bands that have huge underground cult followings, their legions of fans find their way back to the Sailor Jerry website - which results in more sales

And this somehow applies to the Goner Board?

hahahahaha!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Don't you people realize that Vice and Sailor Jerry not only discovered the Black Lips and Jay Reatard but were also the first people to ever discuss them on the internet.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:11 pm

My sole reason for doing this shit is to get more people to listen to things I think are good... just like any other blog.

Yea. Exactly.

That is why I do it. I don't have my fucking "ear to the ground" for bands that I think will get big. I listen to this shit. I like it and I want other people to like it.

If it causes a positive association with the brand because "they like the same shit as me"... how is that some sort of ploy? I do like the same shit.

And better yet... think about all the people we've turned on to great bands that might not have otherwise heard them.. whether it be through the Featured Bands on the main site... the Blog.. or the Comp CDs.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:13 pm

And this somehow applies to the Goner Board?

Y'know, you're right. People here have probably have stopped buying Gyro Worldwide Advertising's brand of rum just because of the supremely savvy viral music- marketing program.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:14 pm

Don't you people realize that Vice and Sailor Jerry not only discovered the Black Lips and Jay Reatard but were also the first people to ever discuss them on the internet.

Not that I agree with this at all...

But I asked Jay and In The Red to use a Solo Jay track before I'd even heard it and had a burned CDR of Blood Visions 7 months before it came out (minus one song).

Why? Because Lost Sounds was one of my fave bands and judging by his writing I knew it had to be good.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Yea. Exactly.

That is why I do it. I don't have my fucking "ear to the ground" for bands that I think will get big. I listen to this shit. I like it and I want other people to like it.

If it causes a positive association with the brand because "they like the same shit as me"... how is that some sort of ploy? I do like the same shit.

And better yet... think about all the people we've turned on to great bands that might not have otherwise heard them.. whether it be through the Featured Bands on the main site... the Blog.. or the Comp CDs.

You forgot to add that "and keeps company I work for brand name out there under a phony guise of 'underground'.

Don't you realize here no one gives a fuck and you're losing more potential buyers than gaining with your spam techniques?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:19 pm

I think I covered that with:

Though mine was more literate.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:24 pm

But no one here likes you-so your plan is backfiring.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Dude, thing is.. aside from the handful on here that give me shit... people actually do come to the blog from Goner and that's the only reason I post blog shit on the board. I try to keep it to what I think might actually interest goners.

I come on here, read and post shit either way.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:41 pm | Edited by: multi category lifestyle brand

people actually do come to the blog from Goner and that's the only reason I post blog shit on the board.

Wait a minute. Didn't you say before that Goner didn't really get bring much traffic to the Sailor Jerry blog and that you didn't care about such things anyways? Yet on the advertising & marketing company you work for site one of the main things they brag about is how many views it's licensed brand of Rum site gets? Now, you saying the only reason why you post stuff here is to get people to look at the blog for the rum the advertising & marketing company you work for has? Which one is it?

Is the pay at Sailor Jerry a promotion or a demotion from posting Hot Topic spam for the same advertising & marketing company?
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:44 pm

If people come to the blog (repeatedly) then they must like it.

I just checked the stats for you... Goner sent 261 "hits" to the blog this month. "Legions of fans" indeed
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:47 pm

people actually do come to the blog from Goner and that's the only reason I post blog shit on the board
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:52 pm | Edited by: multi category lifestyle brand

I just checked the stats for you... Goner sent 261 "hits" to the blog this month. "Legions of fans" indeed

Then Gyro Worldwide Advertising might want to reword "Instead we rely on a supremely savvy viral music- marketing program on the web" bit to something else because those numbers don't look all that "supremely savvy".
Good to see you keep track of those numbers though. After all that is the bottom line, right?
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 12:56 pm

I like Sailor Jerry Rum, but I like Papagayo better......

attacking someone for cross-marketing on a record store/label message board is kinda funny.....the Sailor Jerry shit doesn't bother me, it's not like it happens every day (Chico!)
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 1:01 pm

DR PEPPER FOR PRESIDENT
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 1:19 pm

possible reasons for people visiting your website might be hiding the link to your site in the text you are using as the anchor for the link.

just saying.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 1:28 pm

If people come to the blog (repeatedly) then they must like it.
no, we're actually retards who think you might actually for once post a link to something other than your blog. in my case, as soon as the blog poops up i immediately close it.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 2:01 pm

How long has the Goner board been around now? Something like ten years, right? That's given people quite a long time to find this board in some way or another...Unless wewhowait had a different user name he never bothered to contribute anything to a discussion or started threads be they positive or negative UNTIL he started working "guerilla marketing" techniques here. Fucking street teamers can be an annoying batch-and dispite how many times wewhowait explains himself-his bottom line is to keep hammering that brand recoginition-that's why he doesn't ever post direct links to "news stories" or whatever shit he posts-and always has the links go to his "blog".

Actually, scratch that-I'm just jealous that I'll never be as punk rock as him.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Actually, scratch that-I'm just jealous that I'll never be as punk rock as him.

The truth comes out!

The key is fucking tri-hawks, dude.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 2:19 pm

You mean it's NOT t-shirts and tennis shoes with old tattoo flash printed on them...or using boutique guitars and singing like the guy in the Cult?
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 3:51 pm

hammering that brand recoginition

dude comes thru with a case of rum at the next Goner fest, you''ll all be singing a different tune
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 4:20 pm

isnt wewhowait a she?
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 4:51 pm

she

dude looks like a lady.

it's a Boston brand
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 5:56 pm | Edited by: frankie teardrop

I don't want to listen to Chinese Democracy or drink any Dr. Pepper. What a waste. Would love it if Blue Moon called out Advertising to release their fully recorded, yet unreleased 2nd full length. THAT WOULD BE FUCKING AWESOME.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:29 pm

i'm tired of wewhowait. What a fucking shit head. I've been to the Sailor Jerry website and will absolutely never buy that bullshit. I'd fuck those model chicks, but who here wouldn't? If your gonna advertise something just buy a banner at the bottom and actually HELP Goner. Don't just post on here for free and try and wring this message board dry. I think you are a cocksucker and you know you are a cocksucker. All you do is take money to talk. I am sure you wouldn't care if you were selling Jay Reatard or Colgate toothpaste. And please don't respond comically to this post like your "one of the dudes". Not saying I am, but you definitely aren't.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:36 pm

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:08 pm

My sucking cock has nothing to do with this.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:13 pm

dude comes thru with a case of rum at the next Goner fest, you''ll all be singing a different tune

I'm not sure what the Memphis liquor laws are yet... but as long as it's not some backwards shit (like Texas) they'll def be more than a case.

Plus I'll get to go.. so that means you're all invited to my 5 star hotel to party and roll around in the bed of cash I sleep in.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:20 pm

Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr. Pepper, but it's a bullshit replica because dude didn't even get his degree.

-Mitch Hedberg
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:24 pm

When did Dr. Pepper start coming in a can?
After his wife died.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:51 pm

My sucking cock has nothing to do with this.

so are you a chick or a dude?
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 2:25 am

I give dude a passing grade: this is a social message board, afterall, which is queer as all fuckin' shit to begin with, and certainly no less gay than a quote-unquote culture blog; plus, the topic link doesn't suggest anything about Sailor Jerry, which means everyone looked at it because you wanted to read about Axl Rose.

Bad points: the Sailor Jerry "brand" is cashing in on a dead counter-culture icon a-lah Von Dutch, neither of whom were given much of a shit about by the fancy trendsters of their respective time-place, back when time-place meant more than it does than with a computer internet connection. Von Dutch was, in practice, all shitty about money and gave away most of the money he made so he could "keep it real," I guess is the phrase he would have used if he'd followed message board/blog gossip, which there is no way in hell he would have. I can't talk for Sailor Jerry -- to do so would be and is fucking blasphemy -- but I bet he would goddamn hate Jay Reatard.

Conclusion: you bitchy princesses/Guardians Of Thee Troo Underground Kulture would, perhaps, be more comfortable posting about niggers.
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 2:56 am

God bless niggers.
Amen.
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 3:31 am

I can't talk for Sailor Jerry -- to do so would be and is fucking blasphemy -- but I bet he would goddamn hate Jay Reatard.

Agreed.
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 1:24 am

I'm not sure what the Memphis liquor laws are yet... but as long as it's not some backwards shit (like Texas) they'll def be more than a case.

Plus I'll get to go.. so that means you're all invited to my 5 star hotel to party and roll around in the bed of cash I sleep in.

I gave up trying to buy friends when I was 13.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®