Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Pentagram
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 2:33 am

I just got "first daze here too"...anyone else dig this shit...I can't get it out of my head...Its like the BOC, Sabbath, and the good parts of Kiss....But on the other hand,,,,,
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 6:18 am

good 70s hard rock.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 8:38 am

good 70s hard rock.

Buffalo!

i'll have to check out pentagram
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 9:13 am

True Story:

About a month ago I was late for an interview and it starting to rain so, even though I was only going about 10 blocks, I needed a cab. After a few non responsive cabs (and with the clock ticking) a cab signaled me over.

As I approached I told him the direction I was headed and the driver mumbled some mix of African and English. I made out the part where he said "get in".

I climb in to find what can best be described as a 50-something year old burned out rocker dude who gave of a strong junkie vibe. "He is going your way," said the driver. "You will share cab."

Soon we were caught in traffic and The Rocker rambled on (like junkies) do while I acted polite but non-attentive looking forward and wondering what the fuck was wrong with the driver.

Joan Jett comes on the radio and The Rocker chimes in with "I fucked her once. Probably about 30 years ago," while starting to sing along.

I try to ignore him.

"I'm a musician. I've put out 20 records....blah blah blah," says the rocker in typical junkie fashion while start to think it might be better to just get out and walk.

"Next time you're in Best Buy or something you should look for Pentagram. That's my band," he says.

"I know who fucking Pentagram is, dude."

"Really? I'm the singer," he says. Then goes on to tell me about all this shit including the young girl he was dating whose parents are taking out a restraining order against him and how he moved to hilly for her.

But the stuff he was saying about the band made me think it might actualy be him. Plus based on memory he kinda looked like him. I left the cab thinking it was a 50/50 chance it was him

Aside from telling this story later at practice (which our drummer told me that Pentagram had indeed played a show a few weeks/months ago in town), I basically forgot about it.

2 weeks later I was sitting in the Austin airport bored as fuck and I remembered this story so I checked out there Wiki and sure enough... it was him!
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 9:16 am

I thought first daze 2 sucked ass. The first reissue was totally awesome. The second one is just weak versions of the same songs.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 9:36 am

you got Lieblinged!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®