Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / SXSW: Get your lip out of the tub and your nose off the rail
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 2:02 am

And give us quakers some updates.
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 2:37 am

Here's what I've shot myself

Psychadellic Horseshit at Strawberry Fields (night before in Denton)

Times New Viking at Strawberry Fields (night before in Denton)

Terrible Twos at the Comal House

Okmoniks at the Comal House

Coconut Coolouts at the Victory Grill

Terrible Twos at the Slovenly Showcase

Nobunny and The Texas Tacos (featuring Jason K of the Wax Muzeumz)

Slab City at the Slovenly Showcase
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-YwOiiP_Uo

Okmoniks at the Slovenly showcase

The Buttons Live at Emily's House Show

Wax Museums at Emily's House Show

I've got some more junk to upload though
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 4:16 am

Dude, you rule.
Hands down.
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 11:27 am

i saw rob yazzie!
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Surprise: The Homosexuals were by far one of the best things I've ever watched.

Pics/Video Soon.
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 7:19 pm

good stuff, thanks.
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 2:00 am

Paul Collins Beat

Paul Collins Beat II

The Shitty Beach Boys!!

CPC Gangbangs

Strangeboys

Hipshakes
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 4:26 am

i saw wisky bent
looking rubenesque
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:37 am

great work!
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 9:30 am

bummer about the sound in that hipshakes vid. pretty much the same as when i saw them live. am i ever gonna get to see some good footage of them?
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:05 am

Okmoniks at the Slovenly showcase
B O O B S ! ! !

Really cool that Paul Collins would come out and play a really small sunday afternoon BBQ.
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:19 am | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

Guineau Worms, Johnny & The Limelights, The Spits, Gentleman Jesse, and No Bunny were all great! Eat Skull were mind-blowing! Plus The Lemonheads doing the entire "It's A Shame About Ray" record! Fuck yeah! I should have gone to the BBQ but I was in a 5-day drinking binge haze. I don't want to hear music or deal with people for a while.
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:49 am

bummer about the sound in that hipshakes vid. pretty much the same as when i saw them live. am i ever gonna get to see some good footage of them?

check out the Psychadellic Horsecrap stuff and you will never be disappointed again about live footage by any band in your entire life
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 11:12 am

Working + Crowdphobia + general tiredness
means I didn't get to see that much beyond instores, but Half Japanese were amazing, the Saviours were great and I finally got to see Mick Jones (who's really nice) live, even though Carbon/Silicon is the 3rd best band he's been in....
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 12:31 pm

someone show the homosexuals and simply saucer please please please!!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Not bad!
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:33 pm

Carbon/Silicon (Mick Jones from The Clash and B.A.D.'s new band) at Waterloo Records

cool, thanks! and please do not be forgetting TONY JAMES is in that band...
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:55 am

Carbon/Silicon (Mick Jones from The Clash and B.A.D.'s new band) at Waterloo Records

cool, thanks! and please do not be forgetting TONY JAMES is in that band...

How could I forget.....I gave the OK for a woman to bring her Sigue Sigue Sputnik 45 in to be signed.....
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:30 am

even though Carbon/Silicon is the 3rd best band he's been in....

even the other mick jones has been in a couple bands better than carbon/silicon.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

"Neutron Lover" by The Homosexuals Live at SXSW

VIDEO!
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 6:50 pm

I finally got to see Mick Jones (who's really nice)

This kid I know smoked a joint with him and was psyched for the rest of the weekend.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 12:01 am

I was stoked when I heard that Max got his copy of Roadhouse signed by John Doe.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 12:36 am

P.S. Boots Electric who are you? I should know this since you were right next to me but I wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the videos.

Oh yeah, highlights for me were Guinea Worms, Electric Bunnies, Eldis (sp?) from Electric Bunnies cracking everyone up, drinking, not noticing the bridge shaking 'cause I was too drunk, Nobunny, TV Ghost, being too drunk to handle the Goner showcase, being too drunk to handle anything, drinking, missing everything, Night Marchers, seeing people I hadn't seen in months/years, Discussing Weird Al, and drinking. Someday I've got to get my priorities straight. We'll see how that goes.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:48 am

"Neutron Lover" by The Homosexuals Live at SXSW
fuckin' art on fire
nice shot dude
you can make shit look appealing
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 4:07 am

Guineau Worms

Great guys who aren't afraid to party to have a good time! Wil Foster has done a lot of work with Cheater Slicks lately.

Half Japanese were amazing, the Saviours were great

Saviours outta Oakland whom I saw last month opening for High On Fire? They are great guys who definately love to party. If they had the vocals, they might be heir to the Motorhead throne.

someone show the homosexuals and simply saucer please please please!!!!

Would love to see Simply Saucer live footage. The 7" is pretty good, but the CD is titanic.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 4:57 am

Aaargh! How jealous?

Well, at least I convinced two Londoners to see Jack O, and they said:

"they were great!"

"The Tearjerkers were indeed all that and a bag o chips"

Mebbe we'll make it to Austin next year! Until then, it's DIY city for 'Keg and Mizz Nadia...
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Go for it! Totally worth the trip over from the UK, at least it was for me, too much cool stuff going on you can't see it all, but it's fun trying.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 1:51 pm

P.S. Boots Electric who are you? I should know this since you were right next to me but I wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the videos.

Name's Trent, just a schmoe from Denton, who you?

Paul Collins Beat at the BBQ was the perfect band to wrap everything up, bummer I ran outta battery halfway through his set.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 2:45 pm

I'm Aaron, a drunk from Austin. That's me in the Nascar shirt.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 6:37 pm | Edited by: dutch hercules

Erin from the Shitty Beach Boys..??? he rules! damn and fuck, i missed that shit!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Aaron i mean. DC5 does " catch us if you can " Remember!?
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 7:11 pm

i saw rob yazzie!

ME TOO!!!!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 10:07 pm

fuckin' art on fire
nice shot dude
you can make shit look appealing

I'm blushing!
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 1:59 am

DC5 does " catch us if you can " Remember!?

I guess I have to.

You didn't miss too much, we didn't get to play Barbara Ann, Fun Fun Fun, Sloop John B or Wipeout. Probably some other songs too. Why is wipeout underlined like it's misspelled? It has to be in the dictionary by now, so I think my spell-checker is trying to tell me it's not a Beach Boys song.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®